S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Tool Well Sub enclosure

Old 06-02-2008, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tool Well Sub enclosure

I am looking for the best enclosure that I can purchase without building myself or getting a custom built one for a 12" Alpine type R subwoofer. I have found a link for darksidesubs and there trunkwell enclosure. Are they still around? if so any pics of the box outside of the vehicle? On ebay I found PD fabrications sells one that I am unsure if the design is any good. Elemental Designs also makes one but I have not seen any pics of it. Are there any recommendations and pics? Or any good shops in the SF bay area (east bay) to get one made fairly quickly and for a good price?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

William is still around. PM him...his sn is WLAURENT.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:43 PM

ZEnclosures has some listed on Ebay as well.

Carpet doesn't seem to match too well, and the sub is also a little high up for my preferences as I still couldn't put my golf bag on it without a seriously solid speaker grill.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:58 PM

The Z enclosures box looks like it sits on top of the tools in the tool well. I am looking for one with more airspace. thanks for the input though, I wish they had more pics of theirs like the PD fab did.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:14 PM

i have the Z enclosure box and liked it for its cost and purpose, sturdy and never had problems with it. I never had my tools in the tool well so I don't remember if it sat on the tools or not but I had nothing there although I don't think it would of fit , could be wrong though
Old 06-04-2008, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by s2kkyo,Jun 3 2008, 10:14 PM
i have the Z enclosure box and liked it for its cost and purpose, sturdy and never had problems with it. I never had my tools in the tool well so I don't remember if it sat on the tools or not but I had nothing there although I don't think it would of fit , could be wrong though
Is there anyway you can post pics of the enclosure? preferably a side view. I am interested in it because of price, but I am unsure of how large the box is, and of what the design looks like.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:06 AM

ZEnclosure says there is enough room underneath for your tools and a jack, but not in the foam tray. Just take them out, wrap em in a towel with a strap and place em underneath. I want something more recessed that I can put a solid lid over. Looks like that'll be the ones made by WLaurent
Old 06-05-2008, 01:24 PM

I just had one made, it was the prototype for Concept Enclosures. it is AWESOME, he is selling them now on ebay. mine covers the entire floor of the trunk since I will probably mount my amp and crossovers on it also. And it is deep enough for the type R, as that is what I am getting also. Check out the link, and pictures of mine, it fits so perfectly I couldn't believe it. E-bay link
Old 06-05-2008, 01:55 PM

so you havent installed a sub on it yet to comment on the sound ???
Old 06-05-2008, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyCB,Jun 4 2008, 10:06 AM
I want something more recessed that I can put a solid lid over. Looks like that'll be the ones made by WLaurent
I agree. that way the woofer itself is protected. I actually don't even mind if it sticks above the floor a bit, but being at the same level makes it too easy to damage the sub.

Quick Reply: Tool Well Sub enclosure