S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Using stock front speakers (02) in rear panel

Old 09-02-2008, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using stock front speakers (02) in rear panel

i should be installing my infinity reference components up front very soon. ialready have a pioneer DEH-7600MP head unit

my plan all along was to use the front stock woofer in the rear panels for some additional volume. im not an expert or anything, but does this even seem like a good idea?

i also noticed the front stock woofer doesnt have any apparent low pass filter on it. do i need to filter it? i think i might be able to low pass it with the head unit.

should i put the stock tweeter in the rear too? and how would i go about wiring that then?

thanks.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:23 PM

$20 speakers sound better than stock speakers.

buy some cheap 6022is for 60 bucks and call it a day.

http://www.google.com/products?q=602...earch+Products
Old 09-02-2008, 08:52 PM

thanks, but i just want some sound from the rear, use some of the available power from the HU. i dunno, maybe itll make everything sound worse. but i dont want to put more money into the system. i'm not that much of an audiophile, but i do like to use what i have. i already have a spare set of rear panels to cut up.

anyone else have any helpful insight?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:07 PM

I added rear speakers to my 03. The only thing that would fit were 4 inch ones and I had to do a little fileing to get them to fit. the stock speakers in the 03 are really useless and will never fit behind the rear panels behind the seats, there is structure behind thet panel.
the "woofers" on your 02 don't use a crossover network, a bass blocker is used instead to keep the low frequency signals out of the tweeter, otherwise they would destroy the tweeters. There is so much less energy in the high frequency sounds that they do not affect the larger speekers at all. By the way those are not woofers they are mid range speakers.
Andy
Old 09-11-2008, 03:52 PM

well im going off whats been done for lucid panels. i know 6.5 work, maybe give or take some.

so how do both the tweeter and stock "mid-range" get wired? is it just spliced off the same wire? i tohght you couldnt do that with speakers... i dunno. just need to know so i can replicate it in the rear.

thats the other thing, i dont want to put a crossover in the back. so using stock speakers, since the tweeter is already filtered, seems like a simple solution.

im actually thinking of just wiring the "mid range" alone. the head unit can set the low pass for the rears separately.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have my stock speakers behind my seats, they fit fine!
Old 09-11-2008, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by jamesrterra,Sep 11 2008, 04:14 PM
i have my stock speakers behind my seats, they fit fine!
howd you wire it? thanks.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:12 AM

well i got the pinout from somewhere online (sorry i cant remember) but all i did was type in 2003 s2000 radio pinout... then i put in 4 more pins where it said the rear speakers were then ran them through the center console... for the placement of the speaker i drew on the back of the plastic right where the speaker would sit then cut away... it was scary at first but ive had some fabricating experience so it wasnt too bad... ill try to get some pics up soo so everyone can see!
Old 09-12-2008, 12:20 AM

here is the pinout...
Speaker output is a follows pin 7 - R+; pin 8 - L+; pin 17 - R-; pin 18 - L-
the numbers correspond with the ones on the actual connector... it really is a simple procedure
Old 09-12-2008, 04:52 PM

thanks. that helps a lot.

i was more specifically wondering how to wire up the stock "mid bass" and tweeter together? just split the wire and splice it to both?

Quick Reply: Using stock front speakers (02) in rear panel