S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Flashpro or EMS

Old 05-19-2014, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flashpro or EMS

Hello everyone,

First off, I've searched and i haven't found the answer that i'm looking for. This has probably been covered before but i can't find it. Please let me know if there is a thread out there that covers this. i'm sorry for creating an unnecessary thread if that's the case.

My question is: If i decide to go turbo/supercharged route, will the flash-pro with the stock ECU/EMS work for tuning/management? this would be on an 2006+ ap2. Or would i have to get a aftermarket EMS like AEM or Hondata for my tuning needs? i know if i had an 00-05 s2000 this would be the case but 2006+ flash pro might work? From what i found out i'll only have to go with an aftermarket EMS if i want advanced tuning features like flex fuel tuning, etc.. I couldn't find a yes/no answer by searching.

if i don't need an aftermarket ems like aem, hondata, all i would do is buy the flash pro and be done or would i have to buy a flashpro and an aftermarket ems.

I'm thinking about shooting for 350whp-450whp, maybe lower.. just looking for really fast spool at a low rpm, nice an linear power. nothing too crazy like 500-800whp.

Thank you,

-Jorden
Old 05-21-2014, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For that power level the FlashPro should work great.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:53 AM

Sweet! Thanks for the response! Good to know!
Old 05-21-2014, 03:01 PM

I've got the flashpro on my 07 DBW and it works well. The best thing is that the vtec is now much smoother as it would spin the wheels on the straights or fast corners say at 80 mph when the vetc clicked in as my car is quite light 760 kg which was making it hard to drive. Loads better now and I have the ability to map for a future modificationd. My car is NA but at the dyno the chaps TDI North said it would work well with a turbo. Launch control also works well for the sprints and hill climbs. I've not used the data logging as yet, but also a good feature.

My link
Old 05-22-2014, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by unijacko67
I've got the flashpro on my 07 DBW and it works well. The best thing is that the vtec is now much smoother as it would spin the wheels on the straights or fast corners say at 80 mph when the vetc clicked in as my car is quite light 760 kg which was making it hard to drive. Loads better now and I have the ability to map for a future modificationd. My car is NA but at the dyno the chaps TDI North said it would work well with a turbo. Launch control also works well for the sprints and hill climbs. I've not used the data logging as yet, but also a good feature.

My link
Thats great information! thank you!! I think that's what i'm going to do as soon as i get it; lower vtec,better maps and launch control!

Man that car must be crazy fun being so light! She looks good!
Old 05-22-2014, 10:43 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

flashpro works ok, but its option are limited. for 80% of people thats fine. if you want more features or more control aem is the way to go.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:29 AM

The FlashPro is limited as previously mentioned and as I have DBW on a uk car the flashPro wont work for ITB's which is a shame. I'm on with building a stroker with 89mm or maybe even 90mm bore and a 99mm crank so just under 2520cc and intend getting a larger throttle body as I believe I can get a 72mm one for DBW.

Just out of interest, before getting the FlashPro the codes on my uk ecu where not compatible with the codes on the Hondata listings, but sure enough it does actually work, along with all the standard sensors.

The car goes well and was a handful at first to say the least, but as the suspension setup has evolved I’m getting there. The FlashPro and mapping have made a massive difference to the handling reducing unwanted wheel spin and making it less snappy. It came off the dyno with almost 260 bhp for what that’s worth (all dyno’s vary), but doesn’t seem more powerful as it is smoother throughout the rev range.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Flashpro will work well for you, especially if its a street car.

Flex fuel setup? Do you have access to pumps with E85? I know here in Ontario, it's near impossible to find.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:52 PM

Awesome! Yeah! i def is! But i do want to do some track days for fun as well.

The only pumps i know that have e85 in ontario are in buffalo XD
Old 05-24-2014, 08:23 AM

OP you do know that the Flashpro is made by Hondata?

Quick Reply: Flashpro or EMS