S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

2000 1000cc Injector install ?

Old 07-09-2014, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 1000cc Injector install ?

Installing on my Honda s-2000 1000 cc injectors.
The lower intake sealing ring is too small and includes a lower O'ring that seems to serve no purpose. The upper O'ring is a lot smaller then the original. No filters were included.
Do I keep the factory lower seal in place and sit the new 1000cc with your smaller seal on top of it?
Do I remove the lower O'ring since it serves no purpose?
Do I add or replace the upper O'ring with a thicker style?
Do I need filter for the injectors if so what fits can I use the factory Honda style?
Included 3-washers to increase the hight this seems to be not enough due to the lower sealing rubber.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad
Old 07-09-2014, 06:03 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TampaCB
Do I keep the factory lower seal in place and sit the new 1000cc with your smaller seal on top of it?
Yes. The OEM rubber seals that press into the intake manifold stay in place when installing the ID1000's.

Do I remove the lower O'ring since it serves no purpose?
What you are calling a lower o-ring isn't actually an o-ring, nor is it removable. It is a harder plastic and it is meant to retain an o-ring if a lower o-ring is required for the specific application. We do not have lower o-rings on our injectors; we just have the lower seals that push into the intake manifold.

Do I add or replace the upper O'ring with a thicker style?
The upper o-rings that come from ID are in fact slightly smaller in ring thickness than the OEM upper o-rings. However they have been proven to work just fine. You can either use the upper o-rings that came with the injectors, or you can swap on the OEM upper o-rings from the stock injectors. Either way will be fine.

Do I need filter for the injectors if so what fits can I use the factory Honda style?
I would say 99% of aftermarket injector users do not use any kind of filter buckets like the OEM style injectors use. You will be fine without them. The pump has a filter sock on it, and the rail has a filter bucket on the return line (if you have a return fuel system). However, the OEM injector filter basket will fit into the ID1000 injector and will seal just fine in the rail if you want to use them.

Included 3-washers to increase the hight this seems to be not enough due to the lower sealing rubber.
Its enough. I didn't think it was enough either because I had FID injectors before and used three or four washers on each bolt to get them to fit right. But I used what ID sent me having faith in it, and it works just fine. The lower seals will compress a bit. Just tighten the five mounting points for the rail progressively and in a star pattern to ensure a good even seal across all points of the rail.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:19 AM

Old 07-09-2014, 07:06 AM

Thanks much very helpful information, the greedy kit is in with emanage and running. We are now adding the 1000cc inj see if we can get it to run to get it to the tuner, we do not have the factory cd so everything is zeroed out on the mapping.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:13 AM

Thanks much very helpful information, the greedy kit is in with emanage and running. We are now adding the 1000cc inj see if we can get it to run to get it to the tuner, we do not have the factory cd so everything is zeroed out on the mapping.
Find an eManage baseline tune for an OEM S2000 either from the internet or possibly someone on this forum has one. Keep the factory MAP sensor installed for now (if you have an aftermarket one, put it on once you get to the tuner). You should just be able to modify the injector settings in the eManage software to account for the ID1000's flow rate and dead times. You'll want to have a wideband installed with a readout to make sure you aren't running too lean before you head out to the tuner. If you're running too lean or rich after adjusting the injector settings, adjust the flow rate setting up or down to try to compensate.

Your tuner may be able to send you a modified baseline map with the appropriate settings already changed. Be careful when choosing your tuner; its my understanding that not many people out there know how to use eManage to its full potential.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:28 AM

Car is not starting with 1000 cc this was expected, we could not find a base line file been looking for a week.
Tried under inj adj to change before from 360 to after 999 and inj mapping to -25 and -50 under settings in the idle portion still no results.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:29 AM

The pressure sensor we are using is the greedy so we should remove it and try to start.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:45 AM

We have adjusted the following and it is running in the 9's super rich. Went from the 360cc stock, kit had 560cc we went to 1000cc injectors.
Main logger set I/J to map 1
Property's set to before 360 to 999 and duty cycle to 1.8 and 2.8 not sure if this duty cycle is correct.
Individual Inj map set to -50 to -80 and still running rich.
We kept the pressure sensor stock for now.
Any idea what we need to set to drive to the tuner?

Sent from my iPad
Old 07-09-2014, 12:57 PM

Did you enter in dead time data for the injectors? This info is on their website... http://injectordynamics.com/injectors/id1000/

You can try to lean up the mix by tricking the ECU into thinking you have larger injectors. Put in an injector flow rate of a higher number and see how the AFR responds.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:21 PM

Excuse my ignorance but not sure what dead time means, are you speaking about lag time or voltage in the main setup page? I have tried on the inj parameter settings original 360cc the after from 560,750 and 999cc.
I have spent hours trying to just find how to set up this base operation with 1000cc inj and have had no results.
Seems this should be straight forward but I still need more direction or a base map, or as a minimum a step by step precession to get this to the tuner.

Quick Reply: 2000 1000cc Injector install ?