S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

50 wet shot?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50 wet shot?

So I have a complete Holley NOS wet kit with 35/50/75shot jets, I think I want to start out with a 50 shot.

So far I have i/h/tp/e.

Would I need to upgrade fuel pump and injectors? I have a set of precision 650cc injectors, should I drop those in? or should I be ok? I plan on tuning with an aem ems.

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

75 shot will be ok without doing anything. Just get plugs and a window switch just to be sage.

Chris
Old 05-03-2008, 06:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

how "stressfull" on the engine would a 50shot be on the Greddy Kit?
Old 05-03-2008, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by SC-SUZUKA,May 3 2008, 05:18 AM
75 shot will be ok without doing anything. Just get plugs and a window switch just to be sage.

Chris
what do you mean without anything?
without adding a fuel pump, or tune?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:38 AM

Let talk a little more about this. Dry vs Wet. A Dry system would be the best to use in the case that you have control of your engine timing and Injector duty cycle. You can set up increased injector duty cycle when nitrous is active to give you your mix. In a wet system you can inject fuel and nitrous. Given that you want to do this method, a colder plug would be ideal. Also you will want to be a dyno during your first spray. Use a wideband to monitor air/fuel ratios. You can increase or decrease fueling by the fuel jet.

Now what you are going to want to do is buy a wot switch and a rpm window. Both of these will ensure that Nitrous is only active when you are at 100% throttle and at your pre assigned rpm. Other systems can turn nitrous off when a/f ratios become too low as well. As far as running a intake , one really would not be needed but you can of course run one. As far as exhuast goes, the faster you can release the heat from the engine, the better off you will be. A full flowing exhuast will help keep heat issues down as well. Given you have all of those, you will be in a good position to go ahead and install the kit. Like I said before, MAKE sure you are on a wideband. Monitor a/f ratios to make sure they are not getting dangerous.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:38 AM

No tunning with a 75 shot wet. But make sure you check your a/f and get a window switch and the plugs.

Chris
Old 05-03-2008, 10:20 PM

thanks for the info, will be be needing a larger fuel pump?
or should the oem one handle it?
Old 05-04-2008, 12:04 AM

A 255lph walboro fuel pump is recomended, but not needed. Does your kit come with a fuel pressure safety switch? If it does, then I would just stay with the stock fuel pump for now. The fuel pressure safety switch will turn nitrous off if your fuel pressure drops below a certain point. For example, a fuel pump not supplying enough fuel. This will prevent you from running lean from a faulty fuel pump or anything related to the fuel pump.

You also do not need to install your 650cc injectors. I wouldn't run them since you don't need them. Its just something else that could potentially give you problems.

Just make sure you have the 1 step colder spark plugs and you get the highest octane gas you are able to and you'll be fine. You don't have to mess with timing or anything unless you go above a 75 shot.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:09 PM

i'm not sure if it comes with the fuel pressure safety switch, i'll check in the morning.

And you're right, it doesn't make any sense runing the 650's since I really don't need them.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:56 AM

come by a meet on Wednesday at Flannigans & I'll show you my set up.

Quick Reply: 50 wet shot?