S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM Boost Solenoid into AEM V2

Old 04-17-2018, 01:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default AEM Boost Solenoid into AEM V2

Hi i'm trying to wire my aem boost solenoid into my aem ems v2, I'm kind of confused on a few things.

Should I be getting my pressure reading from the IM or the Turbo? Or is either okay?

I bought a D connector (part number 3-1002-16) Am I to run the wire through the firewall mate it to the D connector and hook it up with the AEM V2? Will any available 12V power do? Any D pin?

I currently am running off of spring pressure on my 38mm tial WG, I use only the side port, will I also have to now use the top port? Where should I have the solenoid sit? Between the vac line of the lower port, top port or?

Thanks guys! Sorry for the noob questions.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:53 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

first there are 2 wires from the boost solenoid. One wire goes from the boost solenoid through the firewall to pin d16 on the D plug you bought which is the bottom last pin. The other wire your to switched power. This wire needs to see power when you key is in the on position. You can use either wire for the d pin or switch power. It does not matter which of the two wires on the boost solenoid you use.

The boot solenoid has 3 ports. the middle port is left open with a filter on it. then the left port goes to the top of the waste gate. The right port needs to be T to go to both the bottom of the wast gate and to your boost source. For the boost you do not want vacuum so it need to come from anywhere on the turbo compressor housing or anywhere on the charge piping. avoid having the boost source from anywhere that has vacuum like the intake manifold.

I also highly suggest you buy the aem inline wideband controller and wire than into your D plug so you can tune you can for closed loop. If not you can will only run on open loop and the gas millage will be horrible.
The following users liked this post:
ryiin2 (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 05:40 PM

Thanks Riceball! I do have it tuned now with the wideband in closed loop, getting 230-240mpt now.

So which one of these two diagrams accurately depicts where the solenoid should sit, see how in one it's between the vac line of the top port and the other it is between the vac line of the bottom?

Old 04-17-2018, 06:00 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

i have mine setup like the bottom picture
The following users liked this post:
ryiin2 (04-17-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 06:01 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by riceball777
first there are 2 wires from the boost solenoid. One wire goes from the boost solenoid through the firewall to pin d16 on the D plug you bought which is the bottom last pin. The other wire your to switched power. This wire needs to see power when you key is in the on position. You can use either wire for the d pin or switch power. It does not matter which of the two wires on the boost solenoid you use.

The boot solenoid has 3 ports. the middle port is left open with a filter on it. then the left port goes to the top of the waste gate. The right port needs to be T to go to both the bottom of the wast gate and to your boost source. For the boost you do not want vacuum so it need to come from anywhere on the turbo compressor housing or anywhere on the charge piping. avoid having the boost source from anywhere that has vacuum like the intake manifold.

I also highly suggest you buy the aem inline wideband controller and wire than into your D plug so you can tune you can for closed loop. If not you can will only run on open loop and the gas millage will be horrible.
Ahh I didn't know that riceball. Which wideband do u recommend? I am open loop right now and I get about 100-120 miles per tank with close open how much better mpg will I get?
Old 04-18-2018, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by ryiin2
Thanks Riceball! I do have it tuned now with the wideband in closed loop, getting 230-240mpt now.

So which one of these two diagrams accurately depicts where the solenoid should sit, see how in one it's between the vac line of the top port and the other it is between the vac line of the bottom?

Damn 240/tank? Wtf mate? How much power are u making with how much power?
Old 04-18-2018, 06:39 AM

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts

You’ll get a lot better mpg man lol

i can get u situated if you want?
Old 04-18-2018, 06:48 AM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

The top picture says it is for a high backpressure environment, but how does it even work? It has compressor out pressure plus the spring holding the wastegate open and the solenoid regulating a pressure up to compressor out opening it. How does it ever get a pressure greater than the spring to close the wastegate?

Update: Ah! High backpressure means enough backpressure to hold the wastegate open.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by AP1Chief
You’ll get a lot better mpg man lol

i can get u situated if you want?
Im good for now I'll let u know if I need anything
Old 04-20-2018, 08:56 AM

Silly unrelated question, I see some people block off the airports they don't use on their EWG, is this a must?

Quick Reply: AEM Boost Solenoid into AEM V2