S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

aem map sensor problem

Old 03-27-2010, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aem map sensor problem

I've tried to find a write up of someone else who has the same map sensor installed on an ap1 but didn't find anything except a writeup of an ap2 install which apparantly has different wire colors... so I tried my best to wire it up with what I thought was correct but when I cranked the car, it barely cranked then died. I believe I have the wires wrong. If anyone could help me out by telling me how to correctly wire it up, I would appreciate it a lot.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do have an ems?
Old 03-27-2010, 09:57 AM

yeah its run to the aem ems unit. and i went in the sensor setup and found the aem 3.5 bar map sensor and selected it so i know that it was set to run with that sensor. but when i hook up my stock map sensor, it works.
btw, if this is in the wrong section; i apologize. i just stuck it here bc it was part of my turbo build... so i just assumed to go here.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:44 PM

anyone have any information?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:58 AM

Not one person here has an ap1 with this wired up om their car?
Old 03-29-2010, 06:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude, you need to rescale it, then look at your map, notice your load fuel/ignition breakpoints ALL CHANGED. your whole tune is wacked out now. i hope you kept a copy of your previous tuine before it.

pm me if you need some help.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:02 AM

It hasn't been tuned yet. just getting everything setup to go to get it tuned. It only had the s2000 base map installed to it. so is this still a normal reaction or what?
Old 03-29-2010, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camuman,Mar 29 2010, 06:42 AM
dude, you need to rescale it, then look at your map, notice your load fuel/ignition breakpoints ALL CHANGED. your whole tune is wacked out now. i hope you kept a copy of your previous tuine before it.

pm me if you need some help.
This.

Leave your old map sensor on the car, and then just swap it at the tuner.

It's what I ended up doing.

Saved me alot of headache.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ap1tuner,Mar 29 2010, 12:02 PM
It hasn't been tuned yet. just getting everything setup to go to get it tuned. It only had the s2000 base map installed to it. so is this still a normal reaction or what?
when you took the base map, and changed the map sensor, it changed the load points of fuel/ignition. so that base map is not even close to what it needs to be anymore.

in the instrucitons for aem ems, theres a really good step by step for the map sensor change. not only do the load points change, but the vtec crossover changes to since its based on the map sensor voltage.

everything that you are experiencing is becuase you dont know how to do it. not becuase its broken.

i am not trying to be condescending, just blunt. you need to have your base map open, and your new map open with the map sensor change, then you need to copy and paste data from base map into new map and try to match up load points as best as you can. then fill in the gaps.

on top of this, a 3.5 bar sensor can read up to 42.5ish psi boost. i doubt your gonna run that much, so you need to first scale it to what you realistically think you will see.

have the tuner do this since doing it wrong will result in damage!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:08 AM

Ok cool ill do that then. But my last question is this.... when I first hooked up my aem and cranked it, it ran great. Now when I crank it (with everything same including sensors) it cranks then idles up to 3k rpms and stays there. Idk what's happened bc I haven't changed anything on it except I pulled the ecu out for a lil while and put stock ecu in.

Quick Reply: aem map sensor problem