S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AP1 Greddy Turbo kit build

Old 06-02-2022, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AP1 Greddy Turbo kit build

Hi guys, just recently bought a used Greddy kit and would like to seek your advice on a slow build approach. Some parts were missing so i have to source out and purchase myself hence why the slow build. My planned approach would be.

1. Stabilization phase.
- Grams performance 500cc injectors
- Hondata S2000 Kpro Ecu
- Stock tune

Reason being that i'm still getting the parts to complete turbo kit and also my car is running funny. Somehow it misfires after a long drive. Searched all over the forum and replaced parts but still happening. Last code was P0170

Parts replaced
- Injectors (stock)
- Fuel pump / filter
- O2 sensors
- Map sensor
- Spark plugs
- Ignition coils
- Vacuum checked

2. turbo installation
- Greddy kit
- Hondata boost controller
- SOS oil filter relocator
- Spark plugs
- Walbro 255
- GaugeART CAN gauge for monitoring
- Tune.

Apologies if the post is confusing as this is my first post on a forum, But all your advice and experiences are very much appreciated!
Old 06-03-2022, 04:45 AM

Received 617 Likes on 423 Posts

Where are you located? If you're located anywhere where emissions isn't specifically an issue, then I can't recommend KPro. There's much better ECUs available for roughly the same if not less than the KPro, and don't require nearly the same level of involvement or commitment that KPro requires. 10-15 years ago KPro could've been a solid choice, but today it's no longer relevant, even regarding emissions it might not guarantee you success, so truthfully KPro is not the move.

- Grams injectors: NOPE. Do your research, but don't do Grams, lol.

If you've replaced all of those parts and checked all of those things and you're still having an issue than the only way forward, and what should've honestly been one of the first things you did, is a compression and leak down test. No point in throwing money and new parts at an unhealthy motor (if that's what's the issue) And I only say this because I hear the word "misfire". I see your code is for fueling, but do you have any more codes to share that you've seen?
Old 06-03-2022, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your time in replying Kyle.

I'm located in Asia so emissions aren't really an issue. What are your recommended ECUs then? I'll shall look them up and hope they have good support and tuners.

Is there such thing as remote tuning to get get a minimal turbo build to be reliable?

I was aiming for the cost since only Grams make 550cc as far as i know. Injector Dynamics it is then.

Forgot to mention that i did do a compression leak test and its all fine. There were codes here and there in terms of cylinders misfiring due to bad gas (reallly bad gas) but i got that sorted out by replacing parts mentioned and this is the only problem that im stuck with which is the fuel trim and bank stuff but it comes and goes so its hard to figure out. Again the problem comes after a long drive and when the engine is hot. I still can drive it when it happens mostly under vtec or just keep on changing gears.

Wait it to cool down and reset the CEL and the car is fine again.

I guess these are the things that i suspect if it makes sense.

- Valve adjustment
- Heat soak issues
- Fuel filter / Injector needs replacement again hence why i wanted to do ecu and injectors first.