S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Boost...

Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost...

I have a question if someone could help me out....

Im running a 4bar mapp with a Hondata Flashpro and AEM Boost Gauge.

My question is... When I running my hondata live I'm seeing different Boost numbers between my AEM gauge and my Hondtata flashpro. When Im at idle im seeing -14 on my AEM gauge but I'm seeing -20 on my hondata. When Im in full boost IM seeing 16-17 psi on AEM gauge but only 12-13 psi on my hondata. Im not sure witch one is right... What do you think? And why is it showing 2 different numbers?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so the hondata will be reading PSI from the map sensor, is that in stock location?

and the boost gauge will be getting PSI from whichever vaccuum line you have connected to it, which line did you use?

Are you sure everything is calibrated?
Old 11-29-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by DFWs2k
so the hondata will be reading PSI from the map sensor, is that in stock location?

and the boost gauge will be getting PSI from whichever vaccuum line you have connected to it, which line did you use?

Are you sure everything is calibrated?

Yes the 4 bar mapp is in the stock location and the hondata is reading the psi from it.

The AEM gauge vac line it T'ed off the vac line that runs from the intake mani to the valve cover (closest one to the firewall). The others port off the valve cover (closest to belt) has a small filter on it (VTA).

calibrated?? There is no way to calibrate the hondata.. But is there a way to calibrate the AEM gauge? I thought It was all plug and play..
Old 11-29-2011, 11:38 AM

By calibrated I meant set up, ie, you have to program the ems (flashpro) to have the correct settings (can usually be found on manufacturers website) for the map sensor, otherwise it won't read correctly.

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW
Old 11-29-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by DFWs2k
By calibrated I meant set up, ie, you have to program the ems (flashpro) to have the correct settings (can usually be found on manufacturers website) for the map sensor, otherwise it won't read correctly.

I have the flashpro set on (4bar mapp) so it is set up right.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:52 AM

I would re-check all the vac lines...
Old 11-29-2011, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always gotten the same readings from flashpro to my aem gauge and it always made me wonder also. like my aem would show 22psi and hondata...maybe 19psi at most
Old 11-29-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by donaldmejr
I have always gotten the same readings from flashpro to my aem gauge and it always made me wonder also. like my aem would show 22psi and hondata...maybe 19psi at most

its crazy... thats what mines doing... I dont know what to look at...lol
Old 11-29-2011, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by TonysMI4
Originally Posted by DFWs2k' timestamp='1322599117' post='21195077

I have the flashpro set on (4bar mapp) so it is set up right.
In kpro there are a lot more settings than that for a map sensor

Just looked in the flashpro and they only have stock/rdx/hondata 4 bar? that's weird...

Old 11-29-2011, 05:06 PM

I have the same thing with my flashpro. I'm using a truboost guage but its basically the same. Also using the sos 4 bar map. Data logs will show about 13psi to about 14 on the truboost. Almost always reads about 1-1.5psi above the map. My guage is ran from a vaccum block that is supplied by the pcv fitting with 3/8 line. I'm sure its getting good boost/vaccum reference from the intake, but its always slightly higher. Like stated earlier must be a calibration thing. I obviously go by what the map reads for my actual boost number. I set the controller for 45% duty cycle which reads 14 on the guage and 13 on the map sensor.

Quick Reply: Boost...