S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

BOV too quiet.

Old 12-21-2018, 07:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BOV too quiet.

I currently installed a Tial Q to replace a tial 50mm knock off brand BOV. I can only hear the slightest woosh. I am running an 11psi spring i believe. the 50 mm is running a bit softer spring. Any recommendations as to a louder BOV.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:59 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Just buy the $20 electric blow off valve sound from Ebay if all want is noise. Don't even need forced induction to impress the guys at the high school.

-- Chuck
Old 12-21-2018, 08:03 AM

Thanks Chuck i will definitely return my car to stock including exhaust so i can act like an adult and not worry about any sound output. lol
The following users liked this post:
flexer (01-10-2019)
Old 12-21-2018, 08:17 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DemiSlayer
Thanks Chuck i will definitely return my car to stock including exhaust so i can act like an adult and not worry about any sound output. lol
Smart man
Old 12-21-2018, 09:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the Tial Q 50mm but didn’t like the sound either so went with the Synapse R55 Trident. The operation is really fast and sounds good IMO, not that really high pitch sound but a nice swoosh. It also uses the same flange so was also a direct replacement.

The Tial bov worked fine, but I didn’t like the sound either. It’s your car, so mod it in the way that improves YOUR driving experience. And sound is part of it, so nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:35 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Probably just make sure you have the right spring in there for your setup. As long as you're getting a clean woosh sound and not getting any fluttering from backpressure forcing your turbo to spin backwards it should be fine
Old 12-21-2018, 09:40 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Tial Q is one of the quietest bovs on the market. Not much you can do except get something like an HKS if you want more sound.

The Q is also probably one of the best.....I’d rather reap the benefits of a great BOV vs chasing sound...BUT, if you want it louder you’ll need an HKS or TurboXS
Old 12-21-2018, 09:54 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

ALSO, i noticed what affects the pitch/tone of the bov sound is the air filter or lack there of an air filter on the turbo. With a cone filter on the turbo, my synapse synchronic bov makes a choo choo choo sound but without a filter on the turbo, it just makes a loud airy PSHHH sound. Interesting to me.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by ikidomari
I had the Tial Q 50mm but didn’t like the sound either so went with the Synapse R55 Trident. The operation is really fast and sounds good IMO, not that really high pitch sound but a nice swoosh. It also uses the same flange so was also a direct replacement.

The Tial bov worked fine, but I didn’t like the sound either. It’s your car, so mod it in the way that improves YOUR driving experience. And sound is part of it, so nothing to be ashamed of.

Ive been considering the Synapse too. The Q works fine i just literally cant hear it. I dont like the high pitch sound like HKS etc but a nice swoosh that audible will be great.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DemiSlayer
Ive been considering the Synapse too. The Q works fine i just literally cant hear it. I dont like the high pitch sound like HKS etc but a nice swoosh that audible will be great.
Yeah that’s what I was looking for. I’ve had a few different Synapse bov/bpv models on various cars over the years and never had any issues. It’s not nearly as loud as the Greddy RS bov that was on my old turbo setup, but sound is still pretty good and I think this one is much more efficient also.

Quick Reply: BOV too quiet.