S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Changing things ,, need some help

Old 12-08-2016, 07:11 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Changing things ,, need some help

So this is where I am at.. I have a fullrace ram horn set up with gt3070 running on e85. Have a fully built top and bottom end. Have a r200 rear end.. so I had this kit for a few years and never had any issues but the turbo is just to small.. so I need some help,, looking to get a new mani and I am torn between Fullrace twin scroll, sheepey twin scroll or full blown single srcoll.. I like the single because I can keep the t3 set up.. but seems everyone has great things to say about the T4 twin.. my goals are not huge,, just little more power.. maybe 650 or so.. so what do you guys think?? Which mani to go with??

Last edited by c_me_go; 12-08-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I believe any of those choices will hit your goal especially being ur already built, maybe go for the cheapest? or deal u can find.

Will the ram not hit your goal with larger snail?
Or is there not enough room? Once again only saying for cost sake tho.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 12-08-2016 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't you just keep this setup and only update the turbo to a gtx 3576? Seems much easier...

A FF manifold also requires new intercooler piping and downpipe and all. The 650hp goal is within reach with this setup right? Saves you a lot of money. Just my 2 cents
Old 12-09-2016, 11:00 AM

Yes I can go that route,, but I had this set up a few years and looking to update it..I was also thinking ,, if I am going to buy a new turbo regardless of which way I go.. I can sell my current turbo, mani, and down pipe for the same price it will cost me to buy the new set up.. so there isn't much out of pocket money.. just need some help deciding which way to go
Old 12-09-2016, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to make more sense to upgrade the turbo to gt35. youll reach your goals and be a simpler solution. ypur ramhorn manifold is a great efficient manifold thats less likely to crack like the sidewinders are.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:24 PM

Yes I understand it's easier to just upgrade the turbo, but really looking to change set ups.. so was hoping to get some insight from the people that have those manis..kinda torn on which way to go
Old 12-09-2016, 01:05 PM

I don't have any of those setups, but If I had to pick one I would go for the FBM Mani that looks like the track forged down forward n then up Mani. (Can't find TF products) #notinthemarketrightnowanyways

Since I have made some head way on my sos ts max, I have been doing alot of comparisons and that manifold design seems to shine (to me)
Since your on e85, coupled with a gtx I think would be a good start or a gt35 (not sure how u want it to act).
The efr divided looks very tasteful but then u got two external waste gates to dump. out the hood? Down the bottom? Side? I mean take your pic. Hope u got a garage tho. Or ur gonna be putting coke cans on em if u go out the hood every night or in the rain.
If u do something different like down the bottom it just makes for more clutter in the area in my mind....
Now the track forged Mani has the elbow coming from the bottom. easy, waste gate.... Dump. Haven't seen how FBM does it tho so, I mean these r just my thoughts in thinking so. You asked lol

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 12-09-2016 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:34 PM

I see,, the full blown I am looking at is single scroll so only one wastegate.. I can easily route the dump tube down the bottom.. the other two hat have two wastgates.. I am not sure how to route the dump tubes
Old 12-09-2016, 04:01 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

Just keep your life simple and make it easier on your self and keep everything the same and just buy a Garrett grx3576r. Go get retuned and you will make 450-500whp on pump gas and 650+whp on e85.

All the the work of changing manifolds/Dow pipes/inter cooler pipes all for what? Just to have a different looking engine bay?

there is nothing to gain and only drawbacks by going to a sidewinder/front mount turbo style manifold. Because the runners are longer the turbo will spool slower. The worst thing is there there will be way more engine bay heat. Stuff will melt Easier and you will want to relocate thing like the fuse box and such.

The only real benifit of going to a front mount turbo manifold is the fact that you can fit a much bigger turbo. With the full race ram horn you are limited to a 35r based turbo. But there are 35r based turbo that make 800+whp. Front mount turbo manifolds do make the engine bay look a lot cooler though.

Last edited by riceball777; 12-09-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:20 PM

Lol.... We tried that first. (Sure ur aware)

Still like TF Mani better. FBM's has turns b4 the collector and then another to swoop up.

TF's Mani is hella straight merging from primaries to collector and then carries all the energy up with 1 turn. n then to top it off good WG placement.

Just my .02 oh an TF is super rare I think and or unavailable altogether, maybe haven't Inquired.

personally I'm with riceball still, but wanted to inject an opinion as well, in a way i say none of them. I would pick TF.
​​​

Quick Reply: Changing things ,, need some help