S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Considerations for a S/C

Old 08-28-2009, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considerations for a S/C

I have been researching and reading about S/C for a bit on here and S2KCA, and I wanted to get some advice from everyone. I am not a mechanic by no means; however, I am learning. I've started doing my own oil changes and tinkering around with my car. I also recently purchased the service manual from helminc.

I am strongly considering going with the SOS S/C kit due to its ease of installation, the overall efficiency, and fantastic customer service. I've read people have installed their own SOS kits, and I would love to tackle this myself, but I'm a little worried that it may be a little over my head.

How did you guys end up learning more about working on cars to get to a point that you can confidently install FI? I currently have 14K miles on an 07. Is it perhaps too soon to go FI? I would like to contact my dealer to see if they will still honor my warranty (since legally they're supposed to unless they can prove the S/C kit caused the issue). Thanks!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:49 AM

One more question... for those with the high boost kit offered from SOS, could you post what kind of clutch set up you have? Did you replace the flywheel or just the pressure plate/disc? I've always read that it's best to replace all three when changing to a different type of clutch.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:01 AM

this will also give you a good learning experience on how to change the clutch too
Old 08-28-2009, 10:10 AM

Ok well first if your going with the SOS kit i can personally tell you its really easy!! Since you get the hondata reflash with the 06-08(09?) theres no tuning required! When i first started looking for which supercharger to get i was looking thru the install manuals to see if i could do it myself. At first i decided that the only 2 kits i would choose from was the K/W or SOS. I read and read the K/W kit one and i became familiar that i said i could do it myself. Then i started to see SOS threads come up and how easy it was. Then came threads about the mechanical things about both (especially the K/W). Anyways in the end i went with the SOS one even though i hadnt read the install manual because they dont post them in order for the customer to get the most recent version. From my install i found out there was only 5 big things in this isntall which sum up everything. Crankshaft pulley, S/C bracket and S/C, water pump/heat exchanger, aftercooler, and injectors. This is just for the SOS though. Hopefully some K/W owners might chime in.

As for the clutch/flywheel combo i went with CC Stg 2 and CC lightweight flywheel. I paid a tranny shop to isntall my clutch. There was no way i had time and equipment to change it.

my decision on which s/c kit and clutch combo to go with took me 8 months of research so do your research!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:19 AM

Just curious, when you did your install did you have your own lift or did you use kickstands? Did you have any recommendations for kick stands? I have a craftsman jack/kickstands I bought from AutoZone awhile back. Thanks so much for your replies.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u will need something like a CM stage 3 for hi boost SOS. 14k miles is plenty on the clock. some people have modded way before that!

to learn wrenching, you have to wrench and get your hands dirty.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:34 AM

I did my work on base which has some lifts. i just rented a lift for a couple days. It also included all the tools you will ever need

Check out this thread where i did a overview of my install. My post is on the bottom the of thread

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=724664&st=0