S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Daily Driver

Old 04-15-2016, 05:54 PM
Rat

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Daily Driver

Currently NA, thinking about the Kraftwerks supercharger on my AP2 daily driver. Most of my driving is my boring 4 mile drive to work every day, traffic light to traffic light, 45 mph top speed. I don't track or street race, just open up once in a while on weekends when my wife isn't there to yell at me.

Would I feel and appreciate a supercharger during the traffic light to traffic light normal daily driving? Or would I barely notice it is there unless I am getting on it and up in the higher rpm range?

Someone recommended gears (maybe 4.44) instead of a supercharger, as being more practical and enjoyable for me because you feel the difference at lower rpm and lower speed.

Recommendations please...
Old 04-15-2016, 06:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm gonna say a sc would not be beneficial for "normal" light to light driving. Gears might be better in your situation as the sc only comes to life when you step on it. You could always take the long way to work tho...
Old 04-15-2016, 07:27 PM

If you get a supercharger your ride won't be boring anymore .. And you will want to press the throttle more trust me lol.. You will find yourself taking the scenic route to work .and your wife will be asking you why you keep sneaking out at 2am lol

And you can compare gears to a blower . I've had both and imo totally different feeling . Get a ride in a blown s and then decide ..
Old 04-15-2016, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just FYI I think I've heard of some users on this board having issues with Kraftwerks recently. I think a lot of people are having success with the TTS and SoS kits though.

The 4.44 gears would be a lot cheaper/easier to install, and would definitely make the car feel more alive for low RPM daily driving. Going supercharged though would have a much bigger impact overall, and would give a lot more room for growth.

Up to you really. A supercharged S could definitely be reliable though as long as you make sure everything is installed and tuned correctly. You won't have nearly as much issues with heat and relocation problems like the turbo crowd.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sos N1200 kit or bust.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTS RACE KIT if you want a reliable kit !
Old 04-16-2016, 10:32 AM

Kraftwerks if you own tools and like to work on ur car lol... Got first track day at the Glen next week so I'll report bak lol God bless
Old 04-16-2016, 04:10 PM

I have the Kraftwerks kit on my car and the extra power is definitely fun. My S isn't my daily driver, but when I do drive it to work or just for fun, the drive is definitely more exciting for sure. I guess the real deciding factor should be your budget. A supercharger will require a decent amount of money to pull off. Clutch upgrade to handle the extra power, price of the kit itself, labor costs to install the clutch and kit if you can't do either or even one of them yourself, upgrades to the kit in order to hopefully prevent problems from occurring, tuning, etc. Now I'm not sure how much new gearing costs, but I'm willing to bet it's costs less than 10-15k when all is said and done.

Just something to consider when making your choice.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have had the KW kit in my '06 for a year now. The car is my daily driver in summer (when I don't drive the motorcycle). You will definitely notice that the throttle is more responsive with an SC. Make sure you install the kit properly, there have been issues with the KW kit - especially the earlier ones - but most (not all) seem to have been related to installation problems. I would definitely make the same decision again.

In considering the KW kit, make sure you include the cost of upgrading the clutch and getting the car tuned after installation. The KW kit comes with everything you need except a clutch upgrade.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:26 AM

I have a kW kit (the old high boost kit) on my '06 that was already installed when I bought it. 25k miles later, and i love it. i daily my car with a 10 mile commute similar to yours, so i'm not sure if you'd appreciate a boosted car just for stoplight driving. but its certainly great on the weekends and for evening cruises around town.

Quick Reply: Daily Driver