Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build

Old 08-21-2017, 11:50 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I looked through all the pics and I missing a part of the equation. From what I gather, in your V-Mount you have your I/C on top and your huge oil cooler on the bottom of the V... but where is your radiator?
Old 08-21-2017, 12:07 PM

Received 121 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by gtracer
I looked through all the pics and I missing a part of the equation. From what I gather, in your V-Mount you have your I/C on top and your huge oil cooler on the bottom of the V... but where is your radiator?

The oil cooler sits on top of the radiator.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:50 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey yamaha did you ever get your car running?
Old 09-13-2017, 08:56 PM

Yes, it has run a few times and I've taken it up the mountain, but NA essentially. I am waiting for Pang to get settled with the new baby so he can finish my piping and exhaust. I have a lot of trust in him, which is huge to me, so I'm patiently waiting.

I work for FEMA, so I don't have a lot of time currently. To add to that, I just recently took a new Air Force Reserve position as a Flight Chief for a Cyber Operations Squadron (previously a First Sergeant) with many courses to complete, so even less free time is had.

Hopefully things will will get back on track soon.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:11 PM

Fema? Please inform your fellow s2kers first if the end of the world is coming hahaha.
i asked because my elt manifold cracked again. Ill be sending it off to pang and he agreed to repair it again even tho hes supposedly leaving the fabrication business. Hes def a standup guy.
Im torn because the mani def makes good power with quick spool but this is the 2nd time its cracked. Im just worried about it happening a 3rd time. Hope you have better luck
Old 09-14-2017, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
I work for FEMA, so I don't have a lot of time currently. To add to that, I just recently took a new Air Force Reserve position as a Flight Chief for a Cyber Operations Squadron (previously a First Sergeant) with many courses to complete, so even less free time is had.
Right on. Thank you for your work. Can't imagine it's a stress free job by any stretch. What AFB do you operate out of? I just got transferred down to Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque this past January.

Do you do tuning Jason? Going to be looking for a tuner here in the next year or so after I do my Ptuning/V-Mount build, would prefer to find one that knows how to tune at altitude (ABQ is a mile high).

~ Alex
Old 09-15-2017, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mijae007
Fema? Please inform your fellow s2kers first if the end of the world is coming hahaha.
i asked because my elt manifold cracked again. Ill be sending it off to pang and he agreed to repair it again even tho hes supposedly leaving the fabrication business. Hes def a standup guy.
Im torn because the mani def makes good power with quick spool but this is the 2nd time its cracked. Im just worried about it happening a 3rd time. Hope you have better luck
I hadn't heard that Pang was getting out of fab work. I know he's slowing down due to a bigger family as of recently.

Originally Posted by RollCage
Right on. Thank you for your work. Can't imagine it's a stress free job by any stretch. What AFB do you operate out of? I just got transferred down to Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque this past January.

Do you do tuning Jason? Going to be looking for a tuner here in the next year or so after I do my Ptuning/V-Mount build, would prefer to find one that knows how to tune at altitude (ABQ is a mile high).

~ Alex
I work out of Peterson AFB. This will probably be my last assignment as January makes my 3 year countdown. My wife, when still on AD, got orders to Kirtland, but they ended up getting cancelled.

I do, do tuning... When I can. After hurricane season, I hope it slows down a little so I can knock out more tunes. Since your timeframe is pretty far out there, just keep me updated and I can probably work you in.
The following users liked this post:
RollCage (09-15-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 07:02 AM

Looks like I'm looking for a new fabricator... Pretty pissed about this one as I've been in a holding pattern for a month and a half or so. I was told my car would be taken care of and then found out over this board that my car wouldn't get done.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:59 PM

yea its really a shame. hes improved tremendously over the years, its really sad to see all that experience no longer be put to use. His welds are damn near perfect now. I've seen his recent work on a repair i had just gotten done and they look night and day different compared to the original welds that were on the manifold. Hopefully he comes back some day, I'd love to get a manifold from him today with his upgraded skill in fabrication.
I wouldnt worry about it though, install the kit and see how it goes. I'm sure he'll still stand by his work and help out in any way possible. I just sent back my manifold the other day for more reinforcement/repair.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:23 PM

I don't have a kit to install. I needed him to do my charge pipe from the turbo to the intercooler, intake, and exhaust.

Quick Reply: EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build