Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build

Old 06-11-2017, 01:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Can u post a nipple on the speed sensor Port for waste gate source?
Old 06-11-2017, 06:45 PM

Received 121 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by willix231
Jason i hope you finish this car soon and come to MAM. I really want to ride with you and feel what this beast can do. Hopefully you will be on slicks again
That's the plan. I probably won't be on Hoosiers, but I will be on some RC-1's. Decent tire, long life, and relatively cheap. You should check out the roll races on the 24th. I'll have a customer running there again in an unsuspectingly fast Forester XT. In fact, he's coming out here next weekend to hang out and I am going to do a check-up on his tune and altitude corrections as his current tune is 100% E-tuning. It's also a 100% stock long block.

Originally Posted by Mijae007
Woah is that your house? Its in the boonies! Btw, pang is shipping me back my manifold with similar bracing on it like you had done.
Yeah, that's my house. It's not all that far out. It's a few miles in the mountains outside of Denver. I can get to downtown Denver in 25 minutes. It comes with peace and quiet, no home owners association, bears mountain lions, land, and a great view. I've taken my drone up and you can see Denver as soon as you clear the peak behind my house. It looks a little more secluded than it really is.

I am curious to see how the bracing works for you. I elected to do it based of a pretty long run of personal experience building and racing cars. Figured it was worth a shot. Pang is a good dude. I've been to his house a couple times and it's good to shoot the shit with him since his background is a lot like mine. He was even nice enough to personally deliver my AOS to my house as he was in the area

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
Can u post a nipple on the speed sensor Port for waste gate source?
What do mean? It has a port already connected straight to the supplied EBCS.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:35 PM

Had some motivation and TIME this weekend, so I did a little drunkin' work on the car. All that's really left is the oil feed, to which I need to order a fitting that wasn't right, return, and oil cooler, which I measured for Fluidyne to build me one. Then I can fire it up and put it on the trailer to take to Pang to sort out some final fab stuff. I had more fitment issues with the SoS V-mount. The bottom radiator hose doesn't quite stay in place now... SO. ****ING. ANNOYING. Local fab is a better choice.

I sorted out the cooling by using the heater core to cool the coolant then feed the turbo. When I finally delete all of the HVAC in the car, I'll have fittings welded on the aluminum pipes behind the motor.

Almost ready:

And hooked the trailer up to the diesel Jeep to see how it'd do since getting rid of my Cummins for something with 4x4 and can still tow. I forgot to take out the chocks and the Jeep in low didn't even know, even going up hill.

I had a buddy come out from Omaha last weekend to check out Colorado. We were extremely busy exploring the area. He drove out his stock long block, 109k mile Forester XT of which I've tuned on a couple setups. The new setup is a Blouch 20G XT (~47-49 lbs/min). A week later, he ran the roll races, which he loves doing several times a year and I'm pretty excited about the performance.

vs a Hellcat

vs a turbo S2000

The following users liked this post:
Ludeboye1 (07-13-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 10:05 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Dope, that forrester is a sleeper. Looks slow as shit haha.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

looking good. coming along nice
Old 07-04-2017, 04:26 PM

Just awaiting a fitting to get the oil return done while tee'ing the AOS into it. AN fittings and a Tee became too large, so I didn't want to use that. I think it'll be fired up this week, or by the weekend. Then I'll work out a time I can trailer it to Pang's house to have the rest of the fab done on the car.

As far as that Forester, he did put out a video of all his races. Not bad for what it has into it. The S2000 was something like 407whp, which he also has his on video with it in there.

willix231 - I'll get your car sorted. Just keep me up to date. You can go ahead and send me that base map you got and I'll see if it's something I want to build from (sorry, I don't have service where I live, so have not been able to text back). For dyno tuning, I've been waiting on one specific guy to get his build done so I can hit all at once. I'm thinking 5-6 cars in a day provided I E-tune them to a point where I don't have to dial in everything on any single car in one day.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
Just awaiting a fitting to get the oil return done while tee'ing the AOS into it. AN fittings and a Tee became too large, so I didn't want to use that. I think it'll be fired up this week, or by the weekend. Then I'll work out a time I can trailer it to Pang's house to have the rest of the fab done on the car.

As far as that Forester, he did put out a video of all his races. Not bad for what it has into it. The S2000 was something like 407whp, which he also has his on video with it in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkQJO9nJPt8

willix231 - I'll get your car sorted. Just keep me up to date. You can go ahead and send me that base map you got and I'll see if it's something I want to build from (sorry, I don't have service where I live, so have not been able to text back). For dyno tuning, I've been waiting on one specific guy to get his build done so I can hit all at once. I'm thinking 5-6 cars in a day provided I E-tune them to a point where I don't have to dial in everything on any single car in one day.
Cant figure out how to attch files to PM. Please send me your email
Old 07-11-2017, 07:21 PM

So.... I have gotten some traction on this car. Had to order a few more fittings as I didn't like the way things fit on oil plumbing. I have received everything and plan to install tomorrow.

I also placed an order from Fluidyne for a custom oil cooler (my MS Paint skillzzzz):

One of the things that has taken me away from working on the car... I bought a chainsaw as the area I live in was coming by and mulching up trees for fire mitigation. I bought a chainsaw (yes, I put race fuel in it... Smells soooo gud!)and cut a bunch of lower branches and two trees down. I plan to cut more, but it's a pain to haul them uphill to put on the trailer. I made two trailer loads down to the bottom of the property for them to mulch. Race trailer has multipurpose use!

For those that thought I lived in the middle of nowhere... Not exactly. I was teaching my daughter to fly my drone and well... Here, you can see how far I am from downtown Denver:

The neighborhood:

And my daughter mastering flying the drone the first time around:

Finally, I came across this... My car is on Full-Race's site for their Stock Location EFR kit. (Actually, both cars are there!)

I'll have more car progress soon. I was wanting to fire it up this past weekend, but then I remembered I NEED an oil cooler in order not to lose all my oil!
The following users liked this post:
bruthaboost (07-12-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 04:30 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
Had some motivation and TIME this weekend, so I did a little drunkin' work on the car. All that's really left is the oil feed, to which I need to order a fitting that wasn't right, return, and oil cooler, which I measured for Fluidyne to build me one. Then I can fire it up and put it on the trailer to take to Pang to sort out some final fab stuff. I had more fitment issues with the SoS V-mount. The bottom radiator hose doesn't quite stay in place now... SO. ****ING. ANNOYING. Local fab is a better choice.
After 20 years of playing with cars, this is my conclusion as well. I've found the most difficult part is finding that good local shop to establish a good relationship with-everyone will take your money and make promises.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:54 AM

damn for more things and you will be back on the road. must be frustrating to see it so close yet still have to wait for a few tiny parts

Quick Reply: EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build