Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build

Old 08-13-2017, 01:01 PM

Received 121 Likes on 97 Posts

Wanted to fire it up, but my downpipe was a little too tight with my setup. I made do so that I can get it to Pang (which will be awhile as he is expecting). I loaded a new map and fired it up on the first try. I did find one hose end leaking on the oil cooler, so I will have to see what needs done there. Anyway, here is a short clip.

The following users liked this post:
bruthaboost (08-13-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 05:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking good. Maybe you might actually get to run this season
Old 08-14-2017, 06:45 AM

I won't make it this season. Aero won't be done in time, rear end damage still isn't fixed. there's still a bunch more cleaning up to do on the install, and Pang will not be able to get to my car for a few months. I just want the car moving so I could clean out the garage. I to need to redo one oil cooler hose end as it is leaking... Never had one leak before after making them, so I find it odd.

Quite frankly, I am really low on energy for this car right now.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:13 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I actually found a threaded part crack down center on one b4... if nothing found try some hydraulic threadlocker or something. I used some from mcmaster iirc
Old 08-14-2017, 09:54 AM

I've got spare ends, so I am going to cut the hose down a little and put a new one on. The hose could be shortened a touch, so that will work out.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
I won't make it this season. Aero won't be done in time, rear end damage still isn't fixed. there's still a bunch more cleaning up to do on the install, and Pang will not be able to get to my car for a few months. I just want the car moving so I could clean out the garage. I to need to redo one oil cooler hose end as it is leaking... Never had one leak before after making them, so I find it odd.

Quite frankly, I am really low on energy for this car right now.
what aero are you going to do?
Old 08-14-2017, 04:06 PM

It will be a custom wing and splitter. My buddy owns Race Components - and is making it specifically for my car and needs.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
It will be a custom wing and splitter. My buddy owns Race Components - and is making it specifically for my car and needs.
its going to be a whole new car. would be nice if you got to baseline the car before aero
Old 08-16-2017, 12:06 PM

That might happen, we'll see how it goes. I'm not quite as fast around the local track here as I was there since I've only got one track day on it a couple years ago.

I fired it up again yesterday to work on some tuning and my wideband called it quits.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:27 PM

Got some work done on the car... My main goal was to get it out of the garage so I could clean it.

Over the last week, I ended up swapping out my ID1300's for some ID1050x's. I didn't need quite that large of an injector and one of my Subaru friends and tuning customers is upgrading his turbo and could use them. I put them in, changed the map and fired it right up. Did a little tuning adjustments to get it running nicely, however, I still don't have a functional wideband. I got it out of the garage, cleaned the motor and engine bay up as I spilled some oil, and then took it for a very short driver around the area, still technically NA since I don't have a charge pipe from the turbo to the intercooler.

ID1300 vs ID1050x... I'm glad they laser etch these now... One might get confused!

Cleaned up engine bay.

It moved under its own power!

I had a coworker come over to help me remove the hood... I knew it would be light, but damn, it was stupid light! While he was there, he loves my generation of STi, so I took him for a quick sprint up the mountain. He wasn't quite ready for the speeds, but he said he had a lot of fun.

I also had a leak at an oil cooler fitting... I ended up cutting into the hose when I was screwing the fitting in. First time I've had that happen, but all is fixed now.

And a little later in the day, I found the guy who keep visiting our trash at night... We finally broke down and bought and expensive bear-proof trash can.

Now, I'll focus on putting things back together, however, since I'll have time before I can take my car to Pang, I will probably go ahead and mount the fuse box in the fender.

Quick Reply: EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build