Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build

Old 01-11-2017, 11:28 AM

Received 121 Likes on 97 Posts

The EFR turbos have an excellent IWG. The vented exhaust never really makes it into the turbine housing, which is another reason why I chose this turbo to run IWG with. I don't suspect the boost threshold to be so high that spooling this turbo will be an issue. When I sized the EFR for my STi, I went with a larger hot side than most at .85, but it has reasonable spool and doesn't choke up top. It is also a T25 flange. Many of what you've stated is why I elected to build my own setup. There wasn't a single kit out there that met all the requirements I had.

The battery will probably have to be relocated. I used a 4ish lbs battery, so it should be pretty easy to fit anywhere.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:43 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
The EFR turbos have an excellent IWG. The vented exhaust never really makes it into the turbine housing, which is another reason why I chose this turbo to run IWG with. I don't suspect the boost threshold to be so high that spooling this turbo will be an issue. When I sized the EFR for my STi, I went with a larger hot side than most at .85, but it has reasonable spool and doesn't choke up top. It is also a T25 flange. Many of what you've stated is why I elected to build my own setup. There wasn't a single kit out there that met all the requirements I had.
The battery will probably have to be relocated. I used a 4ish lbs battery, so it should be pretty easy to fit anywhere.
Gotcha, ya I've seen a lot of pictures of EFR turbos, but since they're so large not too many folks use them, unfortunately. I wish someone would make a kit for the S that uses an EFR turbo.. Regarding the hot side and flow, it's been some time, but I'd swear I remember seeing some full-race dynos with EFR turbos using a t3 hot side that didn't fall off up top..? I know yours will be a track car, but how does that change things? Are you simply trying to maximize flow so perhaps there aren't restrictions and more heat buildup as well? I'll be interested to see your V-mount setup. All things considered the v-mount setup seems like a bargain from SOS compared to their turbo kit. I like their hot side turbo kit and its simplicity, but the price and design of it ultimately make it not for me.

I've fancied the idea of hodge podging together my own turbo kit with a greddy style log manifold, upgraded gt30 turbo, and an SOS V-mount setup. In theory I think it would be ok, but my biggest concern would be the manifold being a restriction. My free time has been bogged down with kids lately and I don't even get enough track time.. Me personally, 320-350whp would be plenty. My car is still a street car so keeping AC/not relocating the battery/etc is nice. Definitely excited to see how this turns out.

Last edited by SlowTeg; 01-11-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:23 PM

More parts showed up, so I probably ought to get to work.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking good man. bet that v mount is going to look amazing once its done. Ive been doing some work on mine. check out the build thread.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:35 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

sick build bro, cant wait to see the finished product. (i have been lusting after that v mount setup as well, but im going to experiment with my setup for now before i bite the bullet).
Old 01-28-2017, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by willix231
Looking good man. bet that v mount is going to look amazing once its done. Ive been doing some work on mine. check out the build thread.
l am already subscribed to your thread. I'm already following it. It's coming along nicely and when you want to upgrade spring rates, I might have mine for sale to go even stiffer. I should see you out at MAM/RPM this year as I want to do a Fast Friday and a MACE Roll Race event.

Originally Posted by R00567
sick build bro, cant wait to see the finished product. (i have been lusting after that v mount setup as well, but im going to experiment with my setup for now before i bite the bullet).
Thanks. I'm pretty excited about it all. I'm trying to do it all right the first time... I've overlooked things in the past which were fine for a street car, but then killed a motor on the road course. That's been over a decade ago, but you never forget.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:18 AM

l am already subscribed to your thread. I'm already following it. It's coming along nicely and when you want to upgrade spring rates, I might have mine for sale to go even stiffer. I should see you out at MAM/RPM this year as I want to do a Fast Friday and a MACE Roll Race event.
Yes we will definately meet at MAM,Dont know when the track will open. i hope to be ready to run by march, hopefully they are open when my spring break starts in march. Hopefully the weather clears up by then.I will consult you on alignment specs as i have to give them to the guy who does the alignment for me
Old 01-29-2017, 07:26 AM

I think they open up in May, but there should be a schedule posted on their website. As for alignment, I know a guy at the Honda Dealership that can get you squared away and maybe I can work out the same deal I had with him for alignments.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:47 AM

I think they open up in May, but there should be a schedule posted on their website. As for alignment, I know a guy at the Honda Dealership that can get you squared away and maybe I can work out the same deal I had with him for alignments.
At which dealership? i usually go to the shop inc in lincoln. may is pretty late, thought the weather would clear up much sooner than that
Old 01-29-2017, 04:00 PM

Superior Honda.

Unless the weather clears up really, really early, they go seasonally which generally brings people later spring.

Quick Reply: EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build