S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

F22 BOOST BUILD

Old 04-19-2014, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F22 BOOST BUILD

Hello S2Ki,

I have been lurking around the forums for some time even met with some of the guys down in the AZ area. As much as I love this car from factory, I strongly feel the need for improvement....for me its boost! I am not new to the boost game but new to the S2000 world as this is my first one and its been over a year. Can I just say, I LOVE IT! I drive this machine everyday, everywhere. I know some say to not boost it and take it autocrossing or road racing. I wouldnt mind it at all but I know it will get addicting. For right now, I'd like to use everyone's help here to build my turbo kit piece by piece and have some fun! People have asked me why not just buy a turbo/SC kit and be done. Well I enjoy piecing it piece by piece to konw that my kit was personalized by me and suits my needs. Besides, don't you get more fun out of all the research and searching for parts? I do
Enough of me talking, now on to the build thread. This will be my first build thread.

01 NFR with F22 motor, tranny and ecu.
133k miles on chassis
CT Intake
3" Berk headerback TP version single
F225/R245
Gears Rep lip
LowProAero 4pc Diffuser
Brides
fabric top w/glass
Limo tint

This is where I am at right now. The exhaust was my first step towards boost since I coudnt handle the stock one for too long. I have a single scroll forward facing T3 manifold being fabricated along with an I/C kit as we speak. I really liked their design and it seems like it will be a really great manifold. Back purged with lifetime warranty. The I/C kit will be 3" on the cold side and 2.5" on the other. V-Band all the way. I will post pictures as I gather parts and move on.

For right now I have not purchased anything else. I am purposely waiting for the above two items to arrive and go from there. They are also the two main parts that I'm sourcing out of state, otherwise everything else from turbo to EMS will be sourced locally. My goal is to push ~400whp to start with and see how it goes. I'd like to max out at around 500-550whp on a stock motor and transmission. This will be on pump 91. Also want to keep it as my daily.

Just to compile a list of parts I am considering. Please chime in and let me know if I am missing out anything.

BWS200sx Turbo
Forward Facing Manifold
800whp I/C Kit
Tial 44mm WG
HKS BOV
1000cc Injectors
AEM Fuel Pump
Hondata K-Pro
Clutch(Not sure which one)
Innovate Gauges(Wideband, Oil Pressure/Temp, Boost/shift)

I will be adding more to the list like radiator, slim fans, etc.

I am open to comments, suggestions, feedback, whatever you can throw at me. I am stubborn and may not listen to some of you but it's my car right?
I will post pictures to follow as time progresses. Thanks for the support that I recieved so far from some of the members on here and they know who I am talking about. This shall be a fun and eye opening journey that I am willing to share with the S2Ki community.
Cheers Mate!
Old 04-19-2014, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another area you might want to look into is the cooling system. I also live in AZ, and the temperatures get pretty high. If you want to still be able to drive your car over summer, without worrying about overheating, then i suggest not cutting corners on the cooling. My buddy here drives a 506 whp s2k and it overheats a lot, I'm not boosted YET (piecing mine together as we speak) but im trying to make my kit as bulletproof as possible.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep us updated on your progress.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by hdoan112
Another area you might want to look into is the cooling system. I also live in AZ, and the temperatures get pretty high. If you want to still be able to drive your car over summer, without worrying about overheating, then i suggest not cutting corners on the cooling. My buddy here drives a 506 whp s2k and it overheats a lot, I'm not boosted YET (piecing mine together as we speak) but im trying to make my kit as bulletproof as possible.
THIS! More than anything, after I am done with this build and sitting in our US60 traffic in mid August... I am going to be paranoid about the coolant temps. I do plan on getting an appropiate radiator along with some nice dual slim fans. Possibly getting a lower temp therostat, but IIRC thats not ideal for the car overall. I have no idea yet on that though. I remember seeing a boosted Accord driving around puching 6XXwhp and I asked him how do you not overheat. He opened his hood and there were three fans, haha! Two pullers and one pusher. What radiator/fan set up do you guys recommend for this?
Old 04-20-2014, 06:47 AM

I figured it would be nice to start out with pictures as I know everyone loves them as much I do. This is after a few months of me getting her. Freshly washed, clayed, compound, polished and waxed.

Dont mind the Intel Bunny, He was beheaded on the freeway.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by camuman
Keep us updated on your progress.
Will do my best.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:07 PM

Nice S Labib! I love NFR! What's her name?
Old 04-21-2014, 04:17 PM

Thanks man. Not sure yet, any ideas? My last car was Tracy haha
Old 04-22-2014, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by S2-Kai
Nice S Labib! I love NFR! What's her name?

My boss at work suggested Holly. Its what came to her mind and she states it has the "HO" in it from Honda haha
Old 04-22-2014, 04:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I prefer whore. Takes my money and is most fun when ridden the hardest.

Quick Reply: F22 BOOST BUILD