S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Forced Induction (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/)
-   -   Forcedbird's PTuning, Kpro Build Thread (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/forcedbirds-ptuning-kpro-build-thread-945048/)

Forcedbird 04-15-2012 04:02 PM

Forcedbird's PTuning, Kpro Build Thread

5 Attachment(s)
This has been an ongoing project for a while now. Because I own my business, time is limited for me. Ever since my late teens I’ve had a love for cars and I wanted to get into racing as a hobby. I am in my early 30’s now. I purchased my S2Ki in May of 2008. Ever since I had it my goal was to add FI to the car (2005MY Silverstone, Black/Red Interior). In May of 2011 I decided to purchase the PTuning Kit since it had great reviews on here. I went to PTuning in Manassas, Virginia to see the kit in person. Toan was very helpful in answering all of my questions. I decided to purchase a whole host of go fast parts from them. Here is a list of what I bought from PTuning:

Oem Release Bearing (clutch)

AEM Wideband O2 Sensor W/Gauge

AEM Boost Gauge

Auto Meter Dual Gauge Pod (pillar)

Tien Hood Dampers

Tien Type Flex Coilover Kit

ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate and Clutch Disc

Koyo R-Series radiator

PTuning Dual Exhaust

PTuning Turbo Kit (GTX-3076R Turbo)

PTuning Fueling Package (Kpro, Walbro, 1000cc ID injectors etc.)

PTuning Recirculated Wastegate Dump Tube

PTuning Competition Oil Cooler System

I also ordered the rest of the OEM stuff to make the Kpro work from Majestic Honda.

Act Xact Prolite Lightweight Flywheel from No Limit Motorsports

And other misc. OEM stuff from my local Honda dealership.

Honda Service Manual from Helm.

I know it’s been about a year since I purchased the kit. But I am going to start my install now and I am going to do the install of the turbo kit and Kpro myself.

Last year I did the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, and Tien coilovers myself. I am not a mechanic so it takes me a while to get things done. But this is a fun learning process for me so I don’t mind. Just wanted to post my build and share my experiences.

Any input, comments, questions, or advice on the install of the PTuning Kit or Kpro is welcomed here. I hope this thread will help others in their personal builds.

So far I have washed the engine bay, washed and waxed the car and pressure washed the undercarriage(to make the install cleaner. :D

I also did the spring cleaning in my garage.

I am going to install the Kpro first.

Here are some pics:

[attachment=19201:Post 2.JPG]
[attachment=19202:Post 1.JPG]
[attachment=19203:Post 3.JPG]
[attachment=19204:Post 5.JPG]
[attachment=19205:Post 4.JPG]

-Kashain

metros 04-15-2012 06:04 PM

Make sure you have a long breaker bar (pipe) to get the crank pulley off. I used a 4 ft long pipe to slide over the breaker bar (and of course crank pulley removal tool). Couple of grunts and no problem. No one step of the kpro install is complex or really difficult. It's just a labor intensive install. Good luck.

spdracerut 04-15-2012 07:20 PM

There are a few pictures and install notes in this article:

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...ter-power.aspx

USAF_S2K 04-15-2012 07:21 PM

you got some major coin dumped in this! crazy how fast FI adds up. Lookin good though!!!

miguel329 04-15-2012 09:25 PM

good luck with build ptuning kit is nice. had no issue with mine yet.

OBrien@PTuning 04-16-2012 05:02 AM

Good luck with your install!

Let us know if there is anything that we can do for you!

-O'Brien@PTUNING

Forcedbird 04-16-2012 09:21 AM

Metros, I am using this guide as a reference while doing the install:

http://www.modified.com/tech/modp-09...all/index.html

Do you have any other links that you have found as a good guide to help with the Kpro install?

Yes, I have heard about the infamous crank pulley. I have the pulley removal tool.

As per your direction I was going to attach a breaker bar to the tool and have it rest on the passenger side shock tower and then try to use and Impact wrench to remove the crank pulley bolt. Is it a good idea to use the impact?

O'Brien, thanks for the offer. Can you e-mail me the latest revised install manual for the PTuning kit. I am going to PM you my e-mail address.

Thanks for all of the kind words. Yes, it adds up fast, and this all costs A LOT of money but so far worth every penny not only for the future end result (turning the S2Ki into a supercar and tracking it in the future) but for the knowledge and mechanical experience. Hopefully I'll also get to make some new friends along the way. I have been saving up for a while.

I ended last night with just leaving my car on the jack stands. Tonight I am going to start to tear into it. :D

I'll keep everyone updated.

-Kashain

sata3000 04-16-2012 01:02 PM

You can use an impact to remove the crank . If it will budge

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

DFWs2k 04-16-2012 02:38 PM

Thats awesome you have a whole s2ki to yourself! I can only dream of the day!

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW

sata3000 04-16-2012 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by DFWs2k (Post 21613573)
Thats awesome you have a whole s2ki to yourself! I can only dream of the day!

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW

What's that all about?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2