Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

Fuel Pump Wiring Pin Part Number

Notices
S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Fuel Pump Wiring Pin Part Number

 
Old 01-26-2019, 07:44 AM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 102
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Wiring Pin Part Number

I'm nearly done with a new fuel pump install including the Science of Speed (SoS) wiring kit. I've always struggled with the 'finesse' part of wiring, and win i crimped the filter carrier 14awg wire pins and tried to reinstall them in the connector, they wouldn't budge at all. It seems I didn't crimp them correctly, and need to find new pins. I've been searching everywhere online for part numbers or replacements, including oem parts sites and on the forums but can't figure out which pins and seals I need. I've found other types of connectors that appear similar but nothing like a part number to be definitive. Any help would be great. Thank you!


Last edited by Dwnfrce; 01-26-2019 at 12:29 PM. Reason: @Kyle correctly pointed out I had posted the wrong pin. New picture loaded
Dwnfrce is offline  
Old 01-26-2019, 09:50 AM
  #2  
Registered User
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Connecticut :(
Posts: 752
Liked 64 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Sumitomo 8100-0461 for the female terminal

7165-0395 for the green boot/seal if you need it.


Toyota-Polaris TPS sensor Connector

Scroll down to the bottom for the individual terminals to order. 24 cents a piece.

It specifies that it’s for a 16-20 AWG wire, but since the terminals going into the plug for the pump carrier only have like 18 AWG wire I’m assuming they just shoved a 14 AWG wire into the terminal for their design seeing as a terminal that mates to 14 AWG wire wouldn’t fit in that connector.

Feel free to google image the part number of the pin for a better look, I’m 99% sure I’m right. Let me know how you make out, I’ll be doing the same thing soon and would also like to have spares on hand.

Kyle is offline  
Old 01-26-2019, 09:56 AM
  #3  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 102
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Sumitomo 8100-0461 for the female terminal

7165-0395 for the green boot/seal if you need it.


Toyota-Polaris TPS sensor Connector

Scroll down to the bottom for the individual terminals to order. 24 cents a piece.

It specifies that it’s for a 16-20 AWG wire, but since the terminals going into the plug for the pump carrier only have like 18 AWG wire I’m assuming they just shoved a 14 AWG wire into the terminal for their design seeing as a terminal that mates to 14 AWG wire wouldn’t fit in that connector.

Feel free to google image the part number of the pin for a better look, I’m 99% sure I’m right. Let me know how you make out, I’ll be doing the same thing soon and would also like to have spares on hand.

It doesn't look to be the same because it doesn't have the 'notch' in the pin that secures it into the connector. But thanks for the site, I'll look through to see if I can find it
Dwnfrce is offline  
Old 01-26-2019, 10:04 AM
  #4  
 
RAIN H8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 4,583
Liked 35 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Contact SOS, they will send you more.

I have installed 4 or 5 fuel pump wiring kits (they include 1 extra of each pin in the kit), so I have a few spares when I get in a pinch.
RAIN H8R is offline  
Old 01-26-2019, 10:07 AM
  #5  
 
Spoolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sellersburg, IN
Posts: 6,243
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Contact SOS, I'm sure they have replacements they could sell you. Or at least tell you what and where to get them.
Spoolin is offline  
Old 01-26-2019, 10:29 AM
  #6  
Registered User
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Connecticut :(
Posts: 752
Liked 64 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dwnfrce View Post
It doesn't look to be the same because it doesn't have the 'notch' in the pin that secures it into the connector. But thanks for the site, I'll look through to see if I can find it
Its there. That’s why I told you to google images of it lol.



Kyle is offline  
Old 01-26-2019, 10:46 AM
  #7  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 102
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

@Kyle there are two different styles that are nearly identical. One has the notch/hole, the other doesn't.


the solo part number you had doesn't have the hole. The attached is part of one of the kits and does have the hole but isn't sold separately.

I've sent SoS an email but wanted to see if there was an answer here.
Dwnfrce is offline  
Old 01-26-2019, 10:51 AM
  #8  
Registered User
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Connecticut :(
Posts: 752
Liked 64 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dwnfrce View Post
@Kyle there are two different styles that are nearly identical. One has the notch/hole, the other doesn't.


the solo part number you had doesn't have the hole. The attached is part of one of the kits and does have the hole but isn't sold separately.

I've sent SoS an email but wanted to see if there was an answer here.
This is the exact connector the pin I showed you goes in.




On the same page I linked you to and everything....It’s the one lol. I practically used to do this for a living

Last edited by Kyle; 01-26-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Kyle is offline  
Old 01-26-2019, 12:28 PM
  #9  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 102
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kyle View Post


This is the exact connector the pin I showed you goes in.

On the same page I linked you to and everything....It’s the one lol. I practically used to do this for a living
@Kyle I absolutely owe you an apology. I snapped a photo of the wrong connector in my original post. I'll update that shortly.

The guides and the crimps face the same direction. Below is the factory wire connection and the one SoS provides versus the other one I had incorrectly linked.


Dwnfrce is offline  
Old 01-26-2019, 12:46 PM
  #10  
Registered User
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Connecticut :(
Posts: 752
Liked 64 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dwnfrce View Post
@Kyle I absolutely owe you an apology. I snapped a photo of the wrong connector in my original post. I'll update that shortly.

The guides and the crimps face the same direction. Below is the factory wire connection and the one SoS provides versus the other one I had incorrectly linked.

Np

Sumitomo DL .090 - 2.3mm Connector and Terminals

Those should be what you need, scroll down.
Kyle is offline  
The following users liked this post: Kyle
Dwnfrce (01-26-2019)

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Wiring Pin Part Number


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands