S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Help with my Comptech Kit!

Old 10-08-2015, 04:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with my Comptech Kit!

Hey guys whatsup, I am about to enter the wonderfully painful world of forced induction but I already ran into a brick wall. Alittle background: Used comptech kit with a novi 1000 blower, upgraded injectors, upgraded fuel pressure regulator, AND upgraded pulley (3.4" vs the 4.6"). Problem is I want to go back to the original 4.6" pulley and the only place that says the can make them said it could take up to 5 weeks.. Been trying to find somewhere else all week but looks like its not happening. Contacted CT engineering and still am waiting for a reply. My other option is use the 3.4" pulley but then I will need some way of management other than the piggyback the kit comes with. I would rather just get the kit up and running for the mean time to iron out any other issues before dropping a management system and tune on it. So what would be the best way to approach this:

-Wait for the pulley to be made and use the kit I have now
-Use the pulley the kit is supplied with and management.
-OR if someone knows somewhere else to get the original pulley please let me know!
-OR a cheap dirty way to just run the kit for the mean time until option a or b can be obtained.

Out of all the things I would not think something as simple as that would hold me up the build
Old 10-08-2015, 06:12 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index...1200-1220.html

They have them in stock.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:51 AM

Thats for the novi 1200, contacted SoS yesterday to confirm they do not have a pulley for the 1000 that is a 4.6". Appreciate the help though.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by _brandon
Thats for the novi 1200, contacted SoS yesterday to confirm they do not have a pulley for the 1000 that is a 4.6". Appreciate the help though.
Dang! Im sorry! What you could do is run the pulley you have a and install a bleed off valve/boost limiting valve.
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/837...limiter-valve/
Old 10-08-2015, 07:04 AM

To regulate the amount the amount of boost?? Thats actually a really good idea and did not think of that.. Have any links?

Edit: Nvm lol
Old 10-08-2015, 07:08 AM

My only concern is making the supercharger do more work for basically nothing. Wasting power etc.

Edit: After reading the article i dont think it will work in my application since I want to retain the original fuel maps that came with the kit. If the valve only open ups at lets say 7 psi that will throw off the boost curve and thus screw up my maps. Could just put a pinhole in the intake and calibrate it to get the level of boost I desire. Such a waste though
Old 10-08-2015, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may actually have a 4.6 pulley (if it's the stock pulley from the comptech kit). Let me check around the house today.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by _brandon
My only concern is making the supercharger do more work for basically nothing. Wasting power etc.

Edit: After reading the article i dont think it will work in my application since I want to retain the original fuel maps that came with the kit. If the valve only open ups at lets say 7 psi that will throw off the boost curve and thus screw up my maps. Could just put a pinhole in the intake and calibrate it to get the level of boost I desire. Such a waste though
If you feel that way, then your other option getting EMS or piggyback seems logical. Best thing at this point to do is find a reputable tuner first, then ask what they are comfortable tuning with. Example my tuner is an authorized Hondata dealer and tuner so I chose Hondata.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by lleron
I may actually have a 4.6 pulley (if it's the stock pulley from the comptech kit). Let me check around the house today.
If you find it let me know! You will be having hookers and coke money coming your way if you succeed. It is the stock pulley but for the older kit.

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
Originally Posted by _brandon' timestamp='1444316927' post='23769746

If you feel that way, then your other option getting EMS or piggyback seems logical. Best thing at this point to do is find a reputable tuner first, then ask what they are comfortable tuning with. Example my tuner is an authorized Hondata dealer and tuner so I chose Hondata.
Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking.. I would like to use the Greddy emanange for the cost and ability to keep my obd2 port but problem is tuners hate it lol.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:33 AM

UPDATE! CT ENGINEERING FINALLY REPLIED AND THEY HAVE THE PULLEY

Sorry for caps but I was feeling hopeless on finding it.

Quick Reply: Help with my Comptech Kit!