S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Hesitation/engine shutting off

Old 09-21-2017, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hesitation/engine shutting off

Hello fellow s2ki members! I'm starting this thread in hope that someone can find a possible solution to my problem or help me out. ive searched this forum as well as the internet for a few weeks now and haven't found any luck.
I own a 2000 Honda S2000 with a 2004 ap2 engine.
Modifications:
comptech supercharger
aftermarket fuel pump
aftermarket fuel injectors
upgraded supercharger pully
AEM wideband
AEM V1 ems
Comptech exhaust Manifold
Fujitsubo Exhaust.

I purchased this car from a good friend early this year already modified. its always ran great under his ownership for many years and also for the first 3 months under my ownership. it wasn't until early this summer when the car started acting up. usually when its hot outside (about 80 degrees or warmer) it will start to hesitate randomly at any speeds and any rpm while cruising. however, when its cold outside it runs great. i've also noticed when its hot out, using my turn signal to signal left, also causes the car to hesitate while cruising, and shuts off the car at idle. Judging by the Wideband readings, fuel is still being delivered to the car when it hesitates or shuts off, and was also confirmed by a local performance shop that fuel is most likely not the issue. since then, I have taken the car back to a shop to get diagnosed and found that there is a faulty coil pack. so I went ahead and replaced it and the car seemed to be normal again for another few months until it started happening again. at this point I have replaced all four coil packs with OEM honda parts, replaced the main relay, spark plugs, and had the tune checked (which was fine). I have also checked every fuse in the car to see if any are blown and various places around the engine bay to see if there is a shortage of some sort in the wiring and have found nothing. Any advice would be much appreciated. thanks! just as an FYI the hesitation isn't the type of hesitation s2k owners experience from heat soak. I've had a few other owners check out my car to verify that this hesitation is much different and aggressively jerks the car back and forth.

Last edited by YoeKnee; 09-21-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:24 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Can you datalog?

If so, i would record and check map and tps during the hesitation etc.

no cels?
Old 09-22-2017, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
Can you datalog?

If so, i would record and check map and tps during the hesitation etc.

no cels?
the tps checked out fine. as for data logging I haven't done that myself, but judging by what the previous shop had told me, the map was good and there wasn't anything they could find. maybe it was due to the fact it was cooler that day and couldn't get the car to create the symptoms? I'm going to take it to another mechanic to see what if they can figure it out. I was just hoping I could possible find some solution that I could fix myself before I take it in.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:20 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

I'd also check your coolant temp sensor. I bad connection/sensor can cause the jerking you're experiencing.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:10 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Datalog it the next hot day and check your voltage values for your sensors. A faulty tps sensor can cause the jerky not smooth feeling your speak of. Datalog it asap.