S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

how do i rewire my walbro fuel pump

Old 11-04-2010, 06:48 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Default how do i rewire my walbro fuel pump

i'm trying to rewire my walbro fuel pump with 10 gauge wire and i have a question

let me get this correct.

so i'm supose to cut the factored power wire on the plug right above the fuel pump right? i use that factory wire to connect to the relay so it turns on the relay when the car is on right? then the new 10 gauge power wire goes from the battery to a 30 amp fuse 6 inches away then to the relay which i mounted close to the fuel pump then from the other prong on the relay to the factoy wire on the plug i just cut. the last prong on the relay is for the ground.

i have 2 questions

1 There are 5 wires on the facter fuel pump conection. When one is the power wire?

2. The new 10 gauge power wire goes from the relay to the cut factory wire on top of the fuel pump. does not defeat the purpose because The pump is going to be power but the new 10 gauge wire to the same old factor tiny power wire.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:50 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

bump for answers
Old 11-04-2010, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why do you want to do this anyways?

just stop what you are about to do before you ruin your pump or short out something and cause a fire.

Yes, you are wasting your time and gain no benefit by running a ridiculously large gauge wire for something (fuel pump) that doesn't draw that much current.
Even if it did 'need' a 10gauge wire, you would surely melt the small wire and have issue, but you do NOT need 10g for the pump.

if you want more fuel, (for whatever reason that you did NOT include in your post), get a higher flowing pump than you currently have without hacking up your wiring.

Get a higher flowing pump, then measure the current draw to determine if you need a thicker gauge wire.

What your asking to do is over-volt the pump by running off the battery, which is being charged by the very noisy (electronically) alternator, which, in turn is not good if you want constant power to your precious fuel pump.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

This might help

relay install
Old 11-05-2010, 10:04 AM

working on my walbro install was my least favorite part of my SC install.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:40 AM

[QUOTE=averageJoe,Nov 4 2010, 10:16 PM] why do you want to do this anyways?

just stop what you are about to do before you ruin your pump or short out something and cause a fire.

Yes, you are wasting your time and gain no benefit by running a ridiculously large gauge wire for something (fuel pump) that doesn't draw that much current.
Even if it did 'need' a 10gauge wire, you would surely melt the small wire and have issue, but you do NOT need 10g for the pump.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by averageJoe,Nov 4 2010, 08:16 PM
why do you want to do this anyways?

if you want more fuel, (for whatever reason that you did NOT include in your post), get a higher flowing pump than you currently have without hacking up your wiring.

Get a higher flowing pump, then measure the current draw to determine if you need a thicker gauge wire.

What your asking to do is over-volt the pump by running off the battery, which is being charged by the very noisy (electronically) alternator, which, in turn is not good if you want constant power to your precious fuel pump.
your an idiot and have no idea what your talking about...the fuel pump rewire mod is very common, helpful, and all around good idea...creates better voltage for the pump so the pump isn't strained to pull voltage from the stock small wiring...so when your nitrous ( my case ) turbo/sc need the fuel its there right away ( or at least sooner ) then if it was still on the stock wiring...many high hp s2000's do this mod
Old 11-05-2010, 06:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is diagram is going to show you everything you need...

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s221/En...P-REWIRE-1s.jpg
Old 11-05-2010, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not only is it the size of the factory wire, but the fuel pump relay goes through many connections and through the ignition relay. This decreases the ultimate voltage at the pump.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2K-F8,Nov 4 2010, 08:36 PM
This might help

relay install
This and the pic link above are all u need. I did this as well.

Quick Reply: how do i rewire my walbro fuel pump