S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

JDMBLINDIAN's FULL BUILD THREAD CIVIC and S2000

Old 04-22-2012, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDMBLINDIAN's FULL BUILD THREAD CIVIC and S2000

Let me start by introducing myself, My names is Matt im from Chicago and I have been a car freak ever since I was little
When I was 16 my parents bought me my first car. 1998 civic ex 5 speed with euro tailights had 104k miles on it

The car came with a white shift boot don't judge me!

I bought rims for the car but it sat like a SUV so I thought hmmmmmm I should throw the coilover sleeves on that the guy gave me with the rims so I did so. I also bought a Lip for the car as well.

After about a week of driving like that the car became a trampoline! BOUNCY BOUNCY BOUNCY
My freinds had pretty fast cars srt4's audi's etc. So I wanted to have a faster car! I saved up for my Greddy Bolt on turbo kit. Slaved in my garage for 4 days and 3 nights. I did all the mechanical work and my dad did all the wiring and sodering and......WALA

Dad's C3 corvette
Engine bay Shot

Keep in mind i was 16 at the time. Never really worked on cars. I tapped my own oil pan, changed injectors, sparkplugs, etc etc. I became somewhat mechanically inclined after this project. Now I had to fix the bouncyness so I purchased the tein basic coilovers to finish her up

So the car peaked 11psi and held 9psi! I loved that car! I was head to head with a srt4 and lost to and evo by 2 car length in that car! I took pride in those losses.

I was 17 and a senior in Highschool! I wanted my s2000! I wanted a s2000 ever since I was 11. My parents said I must sell my civic to get my s2000 I did not hesitiate! I sold the civic, got my IT consultant job and was on the hunt for my s2000.
After almost 3 months of searching I came across the one perfect on. 2005 rio yellow 16000 miles female driven for $18000

Bought a testpipe to get rid of the drone sounds. I liked the little pur it gave.
Daily drove the s2000 for a while until the weather got cold. Turned 18 started College and got a extension on my Contract for work so I thought hmmmmmmmmm TURBO????
I was introduced to a Guy name niko who had a turbo yellow ap1 who was basically my YODA! I wasn't all to familiar with the s2000 platform when it came to forced induction so he walked me through what I needed. Couple months after meeting him I purchased the following items.

I dropped the car off at a shop called RCN motors. The owners name is RT he does Excellent work!

Inlinepro Stage II street Kit. TOM IS A GREAT GUY!

Borg Warner S366 turbo Similar in size to a GT40 .91A/R I im hopinh to hit full boost at 4500rpm. Max Psi I am going right now is 11-12 because my compression is stock

Tial Waste Gate

Inline pro Chain tensioner http://www.inlinepro...-tensioner.aspx

Inline Pro oil filter relocation kit http://www.inlinepro...relocation.aspx

Stage III competition Clutch

ID 1000cc injectors

Aeromotive Fuel pump

Aeromotive Fuel Pressure regulator

4 Bar Map Sensor

Hondata KPro(with all the sensors)

They mistakenly sent me the 1000hp intercooler but im not complaining

Mishimoto Radiator.

1991 Nissan 240sx ( “You will always need a daily driver”)

Dual 3 Inch Turbo Back . I am using my stock tips but the shop is going to Fab a stainless steel exhaust for me.

Turbo blanket and other MISC heat wrap.

Couple of quesitons for the turbo GURU's if u have a similar sized turbo when should will I see positive boost? Full boost?

My goals are 450WHP and I will be quite the happy camper!

I dropped the car off in Feb! is now april the car is all put together and we are waiting on the tune date! It took longer than expected because parts came in later than expected.

Tuned date is May 17th at AMS
Old 04-22-2012, 09:44 AM

You could have reached your goal of 450whp with the bw363 and it would have spooled a bit faster, but you will definately have room grow with that setup if you wanted more power in the future. Good luck
Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 AM

That turbo is HUGE for what you want to do, you definately have room to grow (which you will want to do as soon as the boost bug bites lol), but it will be lazy at that boost level, that turbo is made for 700-850 applications... Better choices in the Borg Warner lineup would have been either the 76-70 or the 83-75....

Good luck! It will be a blast for sure!
Old 04-22-2012, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by yzracer323
You could have reached your goal of 450whp with the bw363 and it would have spooled a bit faster, but you will definately have room grow with that setup if you wanted more power in the future. Good luck
I was expecting to get sent the s363 but hey when I want to go 550whp the turbo can handle it haha

Originally Posted by Irishflame27
That turbo is HUGE for what you want to do, you definately have room to grow (which you will want to do as soon as the boost bug bites lol), but it will be lazy at that boost level, that turbo is made for 700-850 applications... Better choices in the Borg Warner lineup would have been either the 76-70 or the 83-75....

Good luck! It will be a blast for sure!
THANKS! My thing was since im stock block and head I wanted to go as much power as I can on low boost. More of a highway monster setup .
Old 04-22-2012, 02:40 PM

i have that turbo, the 9179, and dont see full boost til at least 5500 on a tubular manifold
Old 04-22-2012, 05:03 PM

My dad has this same setup. I believe full boost is around 6k rpm.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll trade you a garrett p trim + cash for that turbo. T4, used it on my ilp stage 2 kit. Great turbo, I'm just going for over 700 now.

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW
Old 04-22-2012, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by passmans2kny
i have that turbo, the 9179, and dont see full boost til at least 5500 on a tubular manifold
I have the inlinepro t4 manifold. Does the turbo lag bother you? or is it worth the wait? How does that turbo pull when it does spool up. Also when do you see postive boost. Sorry for the multiple questions im very curious

Originally Posted by DFWs2k
I'll trade you a garrett p trim + cash for that turbo. T4, used it on my ilp stage 2 kit. Great turbo, I'm just going for over 700 now.

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW
IF my car wasn't all ready put together I probably would have. And if you were local
Old 04-22-2012, 07:00 PM

my car is making 800hp at 30 psi with that turbo, this is the kinda boost level that turbo will shine at, not 10 psi, i mean it will work but its complete over kill, you should go with something smaller for your goals
Old 04-22-2012, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by passmans2kny
my car is making 800hp at 30 psi with that turbo, this is the kinda boost level that turbo will shine at, not 10 psi, i mean it will work but its complete over kill, you should go with something smaller for your goals
The thing is that amount of power "450whp" is just for the summer. I want to go more power once I get adjusted to the car and build the head. My ultimate goal is 650whp.

BTW do you know how to make a album I want to upload pictures for my build thread so it isn't so boring haha

Quick Reply: JDMBLINDIAN's FULL BUILD THREAD CIVIC and S2000