S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Keeping it straight - Drag/Roll Racing

Old 08-07-2016, 04:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Keeping it straight - Drag/Roll Racing

Guys, Im sorry if its the wrong section, but im more likely to find an answer in here than any other section.

Im troubleshooting an issue with the car. What can/have you guys done to keep this car going straight on WOT?

Im not talking about wheelspin, its something else. Ive got the FB 8" rear, detroit tru-trac and slicks, BmaxII coilovers. 700+hp, 530+tq.

The coils were set to nearly full soft and he car was scary at WOT, just all over the road. left and right really fast. I set them to full stiff and its much much better, but the car still pushes right (mostly) when it gets into boost. Its a slower push so its not wild, but its still there.

Ive heard about taking the rear sway bar off, but i dont see how that helps. thoughts?

Ive heard about the KP Roll Bar, but its not listed on their site, and they have not responded to my emails.

Anyone have some suggestions?
Old 08-07-2016, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm no drag racer but couldn't you preload the spring to help the steering off the line? Maybe that will straight the car off the line and hold it down the track.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you gotten an alignment? What tires are you running front and rear?
Old 08-08-2016, 10:19 AM

The issue isnt just off the line, its when cruising at any speed, 40-50-60-70 whatever. As soon as power comes in, the car wants to go right.

I have new Hankook v12s on the front 255/40/17 ( have to double check actual size but its equal height to rear) and Hoosier radials on the back, 275/40/17. on Advan RSGII's

the car drives straight when just driving
Old 08-08-2016, 11:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure you are running the proper air pressure in the those slicks and make sure they are set even. Have your alignment settings checked.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:51 AM

^ check for even tire pressure.

I was annoyed that my car would pull hard right when speeding up and then hard left while braking. It was dangerous how hard to control it was. checked my pressure and my back left was very low filled it up and it handles like the day I bought the car.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:55 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Are your tires matched and staggered perfectly?
Old 08-08-2016, 01:44 PM

I had bushing go out before on my lower control arm on my civic that would pull right. You can check yours.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friend had issues with car pushing hard right on wot. Turns out the custom 9" solid axle was not installed straight and some other stuff was half-assed.

Check alignment, check for worn out bushings and play in suspension. Make sure FB diff kit is in square.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by kabaroo
Friend had issues with car pushing hard right on wot. Turns out the custom 9" solid axle was not installed straight and some other stuff was half-assed.

Check alignment, check for worn out bushings and play in suspension. Make sure FB diff kit is in square.
Yea, thats what im concerned about.

I just had the car re-aligned. It was off "enough" was good for about a day, then today started going again. This time i cant tell if its just sliding out from power as im getting more comfortable pushing it though. I did just buy the KP Rear sway bar as well just in case. im going to play with wheel/tire combo to make sure im not just overpowering the tires at this point, but it doesnt feel like it.

Is there a technical way to check the FB diff kit is square?

Quick Reply: Keeping it straight - Drag/Roll Racing