S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Kraftwerks Pulley issue

Old 02-17-2015, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kraftwerks Pulley issue

Ok so i purchased a Kraftwerks Kit from a guy named Casey Young(unsure of his Board Name on here because it was off S2000 Part swappers on FB)

So he claims his car was sponsored by Skunk2 and he is real good friends with CJ(from kraftwerks)
Majority of the parts on the kit was brand new (rotrex blower, injectors and pump) at first glance it seemed to have all the pulleys but when i took the kit to be installed at a shop they informed me i was missing the Idler pulley and hardware because the pullies i had were all the same part. 2 were damaged and 2 were brand new but i was missing the other pullies/hardware.

after i researched it i found out the pullies i had were actually the old revision without the ribbs and the belt i had was ribbed. SO when i contacted SKUNK2 i was informed to take pictures of the pullies i had to confirm i had the old pullies and they would see what they could do but the pulley kit they have is 500dollars. The shop i have the car at is currently closed due to inclement weather and i cant provide them with pictures but they also told me due to high email traffic they couldnt guarantee a quick turn around.

Iv contacted the seller and he sent me a screen shot of him asking CJ about the pullies but seemed un-inclined to help either due to the idiot seller explaining it wrong or because Kraftwerks is legitimately going to make me dish out another 500dollars to make this kit useable.

SO should i file a paypal claim on the seller and try to get a partial refund so i can get my car out the shop by paying for the pulley kit?
or should i send the pictures and wait however long its going to take skunk2/kraftwerks to figure out if they are going to provide me with the new pulley kit.

either way the seller doesnt seem very inclined to help anymore as he is ignoring my texts and calls now.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pulley upgrade kit isn't absolutely necessary, but you will see reduced belt life with the old style. Depending on how much you drive, it may or may not be worth the $500 upgrade. If some of his parts are missing or damaged, then I would start a Paypal claim. But if all the parts are there to install as is, then you can just have it installed now and do the upgrade later.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Habitforming
The pulley upgrade kit isn't absolutely necessary, but you will see reduced belt life with the old style. Depending on how much you drive, it may or may not be worth the $500 upgrade. If some of his parts are missing or damaged, then I would start a Paypal claim. But if all the parts are there to install as is, then you can just have it installed now and do the upgrade later.

thats the thing i never got the Idler pulley and hardware
or the pulley that puts tension on the belt and the hardware for that .. So definitely not a complete kit
Old 02-17-2015, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think you can not do so much with this guy... because you buy a used kit... i dont know what hapen if you do a paypal claim... but deffinitlly you need the upgrade pulleys...
Old 02-17-2015, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nik2k
i think you can not do so much with this guy... because you buy a used kit... i dont know what hapen if you do a paypal claim... but deffinitlly you need the upgrade pulleys...

well due to how unresponsive the guy has been and the fact hes actually being super shady now led me to file a paypal claim

i have enough text messages of him being a complete ass and not willing to help resolve the issue of him sending me an incomplete kit

ill contact skunk 2 tomorrow and order the pullies so i can get my car out the shop ASAP and then let paypal handle the claim so i can recoup my money for the pullies
Old 02-18-2015, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by remedyz08
Originally Posted by Nik2k' timestamp='1424221338' post='23509766

well due to how unresponsive the guy has been and the fact hes actually being super shady now led me to file a paypal claim

i have enough text messages of him being a complete ass and not willing to help resolve the issue of him sending me an incomplete kit

ill contact skunk 2 tomorrow and order the pullies so i can get my car out the shop ASAP and then let paypal handle the claim so i can recoup my money for the pullies
sound very nice bro!! good solution! buy the pulleys to have your s2k ASAP and then do the claim , that bastard have to pay for this !
Old 02-22-2015, 08:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If I were u I will call the shipping company n return back the packege claim never open n file PayPal claim, PayPal view tracking infos as their most important evidence.

Some @$$hole deserve a slap
Old 02-22-2015, 10:18 AM

there were big issues with the original pulleys. (anyone remember Goddards old snake charmer thread?) better off spending a few bucks and get it right
Old 02-22-2015, 10:39 AM

kraftwerks gave me a small discount on the pulleys but i still spent a good chunk of change on their pulley kit

Once the parts come in with the invoice im sending paypal everything i have to try and recoup my money

car will remain in the shop for roughly another week though
Old 02-22-2015, 03:36 PM

My 2 cents. If your not out too much, just leave the seller alone. Your much better off replacing the pulleys, than assuming the originals were going to give you good service.

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks Pulley issue