S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Matt's SLOW ap1 turbo build

Old 08-12-2017, 04:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Matt's SLOW ap1 turbo build

hey guys, im going to make a build thread to keep myself motivated and moving with this! im very excited and also really nervous. mainly because of money haha

goals:

-street driven, mostly-reliable DD and weekend track car
-staying as close to the OEM look as possible!
-400+hp on pump gas

i have some parts already purchaed...

i am very OPEN to criticism and suggestions, but dont suggest not to do it or to just go with nitrous.. i want a turbo build and im just not happy with the current power range... oh, and no s/c either!

30-76 turbo
93octane
hondata
walboro 255
... i will edit this more when im not about to run out to the bar..

**just purchased the dual autometer gauge pod and AEM wideband.... i DIDNT want to have that but its the only way... what other gauge should i run..???

please add your input on things i should do, not do.. etc.. and im also open to solicitation of parts that

Old 08-12-2017, 06:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey man, looking forward to seeing your progress.

My biggest recommendation is to just check out everyone's build threads on here and see what parts work and what parts people are complaining about. Is this your first turbo build or just with an s2000?

I am also unsure of what you mean by "**just purchased the dual autometer gauge pod and AEM wideband.... i DIDNT want to have that but its the only way..." there are a few different solutions to gauge placement in these cars.

Good luck!
Old 08-12-2017, 06:12 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Torque-less
Hey man, looking forward to seeing your progress.

My biggest recommendation is to just check out everyone's build threads on here and see what parts work and what parts people are complaining about. Is this your first turbo build or just with an s2000?

I am also unsure of what you mean by "**just purchased the dual autometer gauge pod and AEM wideband.... i DIDNT want to have that but its the only way..." there are a few different solutions to gauge placement in these cars.

Good luck!
Gauge Art is a good solution if you don't want a gauge pod but not too sure it supports Hondata.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:54 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Won't need gaugeArt with kpro4 and it's ability to connect to the app on your phone. All gauges can be present on your phone I love it!
Old 08-13-2017, 06:37 AM

yeah i like the idea of the gauges on the phone if you need them, but this will be a daily driven car. what i meant by that was simply im NOT cutting up anything in the car or removing/changing buttons etc, but i know i have to at least have a wideband... but i did buy the dual pod, so im just wondering what other gauge i should buy.... oil temp?

this is my first s2000 turbo build, i had an integra before...but i was younger and i want to do a little more of a "professional" build.

stock typeR
log manifold
3 in downpipe dump
385whp mustang dyno 6psi ebay turbo

thanks!

-Matt
Old 08-14-2017, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by yamaha6611
yeah i like the idea of the gauges on the phone if you need them, but this will be a daily driven car. what i meant by that was simply im NOT cutting up anything in the car or removing/changing buttons etc, but i know i have to at least have a wideband... but i did buy the dual pod, so im just wondering what other gauge i should buy.... oil temp?

this is my first s2000 turbo build, i had an integra before...but i was younger and i want to do a little more of a "professional" build.

stock typeR
log manifold
3 in downpipe dump
385whp mustang dyno 6psi ebay turbo

thanks!

-Matt
what I am saying is, if you have or get kpro4, you don't have to cut up anything or buy a gauge pod. Everything from wideband, boost, temps, everything, can be viewed in real time through Bluetooth on your phone. All you need is a phone and phone carstand.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:47 PM

ah, another time i thought i responded but it didnt send!

yeah , im excited about that! i do have the phone holder, and plan on using that to tune and when im at a track or whatever, but i do think i should have a few "very important gauges"

so today i got my aem wideband, and autometer pillar pod. got a 2nd bung welded into my invidia test pipe, and it works great

but still, what other gauge should i run!?

boost?

oil temp?

oil pressure?
Old 08-16-2017, 07:04 AM

I run the AEM failsafe gauge which shows boost and afr. All my other gauges I view from my phone through kpro4, no issues thus far
Old 08-17-2017, 05:22 PM

are you able to link me to any good info on the tuning software?? im told i need to buy another valve cover, install 2 sensors?? and then i guess just plug in the ecu... is it that straight forward?
Old 08-18-2017, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by yamaha6611
are you able to link me to any good info on the tuning software?? im told i need to buy another valve cover, install 2 sensors?? and then i guess just plug in the ecu... is it that straight forward?
ballade sports now makes a straight plug n play according to them for 2500 bucks. Seems like a decent deal if it works properly. I would go that route if I had to do my build over.

Quick Reply: Matt's SLOW ap1 turbo build