S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

My Custom AP1 Turbo Kit Build

Old 04-19-2022, 10:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Custom AP1 Turbo Kit Build

After almost a year and a ton of questions asked on this forum I finally got my Turbo AP1 on the road. Figured I would make a post with my build to share. Thanks to all the homies that helped

Here she is -

Its a 2001 AP1 with around 90k miles. I have had the car for a little over a year. Before starting my Turbo build the only mods on the car were Tien Coil-overs, Enkei TS5 (17x8 40 offset on front, 17X9 40 offset rear) wrapped in some firehawk indy 500s. (Pic is after Turbo kit)

One of the first things I did was get some supertech valve springs and retainers, inline pro head studs and gasket to handle the boost!

Got this precision 6266 for a steal from a friend for $600 bucks, also picked up a Tial Bov and wastegate.

Don't have pictures, but also installed a walboro 450 and some ID 1050x injectors.

After a pretty long wait I finally got my manifold. It was def worth it tho!

But then we had to figure out how to fit this big ass turbo with this manifold.

We could not clock the turbo to run the intercooler piping how people with this manifold usually do so we had to make something work, my buddy did some mocking up and came up with a solution.

(Don't Mind the different couplers, we ran out lls. Will be replaced)

This is what he came he came up with and It looks great!

After all this was done we were ready for the tune.

Got the car tuned by Matt Shue and It went super smooth! Car made around 400hp on his dyno which I'm told reads low.

After getting it tuned and driving a lil I decided to go ahead and do a battery and fuse box relocation as I was getting super nervous about my fuse box being so close to the downpipe!
First thing I did was a turbo blanket and header wrap on the downpipe but I did not think that would be enough so I ordered a ShmuckBuilt Fuse box and eps bracket and mounted that, and im currently in the process of relocating the battery to the trunk.

Once I finish the battery relocation I plan to clean up the bay some and tuck some wire.

I'll try and keep this thread updated and lmk any questions about the build or any parts!
The following users liked this post:
pdexta (04-22-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 10:23 PM

Of Course there are a lot more things done to the car, didn't want to post every little thing we did. But if you see something you want to know about ask.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:33 PM

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

What clutch and flywheel setup did you go with

Also what did you tune on?
Old 04-19-2022, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by gotembro
What clutch and flywheel setup did you go with

Also what did you tune on?
ACT Street Perf Clutch (HS2-HDSS Part #) with my OEM flywheel, just got it resurfaced by a local machine shop. And tuned on 93.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:08 PM

Battery and fuse box relocation is finally done! Ran into some issues but it was pretty simple.

ShmuckBuilt Fuse Box and Eps Mount -

Also cleaned up the wiring a bit, but its still got a long way to come.

Planning on getting some more wiring loom and vacuum lins to clean up the area under my turbo, but other than that im pretty happy

Next on my list is installing my Koyo rad and replacing the couple miss-matched couplers I have since the replacements just came in!
Old 04-22-2022, 08:39 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Really nice looking setup, thanks for sharing.

What ECU are you tuned on?

What thickness headgasket did you go with? I've been away from the platform for a while, but I was under the impression a headgaset wasn't really needed at your power level. You have bigger plans for the future or just trying to keep it safe?
Old 04-22-2022, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by pdexta
Really nice looking setup, thanks for sharing.

What ECU are you tuned on?

What thickness headgasket did you go with? I've been away from the platform for a while, but I was under the impression a headgaset wasn't really needed at your power level. You have bigger plans for the future or just trying to keep it safe?
I'm running a AEM Series 2, and a 3mm headgasket. And yea for my power the gasket is not super needed.
But if you do head studs ya got the head off anyway might aswell lol.
And in the future I plan to go e85 with some more power, another reason why I went with the upgraded head gasket.