S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Nitrous gauge ?'s

Old 06-05-2006, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous gauge ?'s

Ok heres the noob stuff, I should be installing my NX system in a couple of weeks if not this weekend. I have seen other cars that have nitrous gauges installed and was wondering what these gauges keep track of. Is is nitrous pressure at the solenoid? Im not reffering to the bottle gauge that keeps tabs on bottle pressure here, atleast I think Im not Please let me know

Also I want to get a fuel pressure and a a/f gauge. Im not sure which companies to get and was wondering if you guys could tell me which ones are best. Should I get mechanical or electric gauges and which have which advantages? I dont want to spend too much time wiring and electric gauge and was hoping to go mechanical but since I dont know the difference Im confused as to which is best. Do mechanical require wiring as well? I do want gauges that can datalog my readings somewhat and was hoping you guys could reccomend based on that. Also Im on an budget so price is a big factor too.

Thanks guys
Old 06-05-2006, 07:57 AM

I kinda know what you're talking about but am not sure as well... I guess it could be how much you have left in the tank, so you don't have to walk back to the trunk or how much is passing through at a time
Old 06-05-2006, 08:01 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

They measure pressure where ever the transducer is located. If you want pressure at the solonoid then put the transducer there. You must use an electrical gauge and not a mechanical one. They tend to run about $300.
Same with the fuel pressure, you want an electrical one.
Mechanical gauges would allow leakage into the drivers space and is therefore a safety problem.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:46 AM

Oooo...Nitrous leakage into the drivers cabin? Sounds fun like in that movie Black Sheep w/ Chris Farley and David Spade.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by jbotstein1,Jun 5 2006, 11:46 AM
Oooo...Nitrous leakage into the drivers cabin? Sounds fun like in that movie Black Sheep w/ Chris Farley and David Spade.
ROOAAADS!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:41 AM

I would hold off on the nitrous until you fully understand how everything works. You are asking a relatively simple question about these systems, which leads me to believe that you don't have much knowledge on the subject. You also state that you are on a budget.

Nitrous or FI on a budget is like having sex without a condom. It's all good for a while..but eventually its going to bite you in the ass.

I decided to go FI about 9 months ago. Lo and behold, my car is still NA. Even though I made up my mind to take the FI plunge, I'm taking this time to fully soak in all of the options and to make sure I know everything I possibly can before making a decision.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by S2K:-),Jun 5 2006, 11:47 AM
ROOAAADS!
"You were going seven...seven miles per hour"
Old 06-05-2006, 12:47 PM

I tried that once when I was like 14. all three of us got sick. Then later when I read the bottle I noticed the "10ppm sulfur dioxide"
Old 06-05-2006, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by spoiled@21,Jun 5 2006, 12:47 PM
I tried that once when I was like 14. all three of us got sick. Then later when I read the bottle I noticed the "10ppm sulfur dioxide"
LOL I heard that you can dilute it with a special, er, tool and just get nitrous out of it. But the guy who said that also said that they are putting in more sulfure dioxide to make it harder for people to do it.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by slimjim8201,Jun 5 2006, 10:41 AM
I would hold off on the nitrous until you fully understand how everything works. You are asking a relatively simple question about these systems, which leads me to believe that you don't have much knowledge on the subject. You also state that you are on a budget.

Nitrous or FI on a budget is like having sex without a condom. It's all good for a while..but eventually its going to bite you in the ass.

I decided to go FI about 9 months ago. Lo and behold, my car is still NA. Even though I made up my mind to take the FI plunge, I'm taking this time to fully soak in all of the options and to make sure I know everything I possibly can before making a decision.
I couldnt find the information anywhere else thats why I asked. Even the NX installation manual which shows how to install everything from bottle heaters, purge, and Fuel pressure safety switchs didnt have anything on one. Thats probably because NX doesnt sell one of those gauges though. You said that I dont know much about these systems but Im pretty confident that I can install the system myself and more importantly that I understand the basic things I need to know as far as how they operate and what they do. I'am on an budget but most of the money is going towards things to make the kit safer for the car at this point such as the FPSS and modifry's shift beeper which can also be a window switch that only allows the nitrous to be working during a set rpm band. b4 the end of the month I should also have a blowdown tube kit (mounting bottle in cabin), purge, and bottle heater. Im probably gonna spend a g on all the hardware from NX to get it up and running correctly and the gauges will probably come along later in the summer. Im probably gonna need a clutch and diff soon after all that but thats what happens when you mod

Quick Reply: Nitrous gauge ?'s