S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

plx wide band issues

Old 05-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default plx wide band issues

car is an my00 with comptech supercharger and ive been having lean spikes and leaning out at wot near redline i replaced my fuel pump which actually had problems dropping fuel pressure under high flow and that helped the top end problem but lean spikes at cruising are still happening. the plx dm6 wide band has a graph read out using it i noticed that i get lean spikes of 16.5-17 and randomly flat lines at 14.7 car stutters i let off or give it more gas and it snaps out of it. i have a boost gauge that has a narrow band readout and it freezes also. the ecu gets its o2 signal from the plx control box so im wondering if anyone else has had this problem? ive checked the wiring and every thing looks good.could it be the plx controller? has anyone had a wide band sensor failure i think all the companies out there use the same Bosch sensor any ideas?
Old 05-29-2012, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd point toward a bad connection on the PLX box itself. Probably the input from the O2 sensor is a bit loose. Could also be the 12V power. Test both by wiggling the connection to see if you can cause the same stutter at idle.

BTW I highly recommend avoiding PLX - they've been nothing but problems for me. Two displays died (DM200) and the connectors tend to be loose.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:41 PM

I'm actually having exactly the same issues as the original poster..... except, not at WOT, but i'm also not sure if my K-pro ECU is getting its O2 information from the PLX wideband.

PLX DM200.....random lean / rich swings. Just suddenly cropped up about 4 days ago. Car had had the same tune for over a year with no problems at all.

I actually was watching my fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail when at idle.......the engine died, but fuel pressure did not drop.

Have either of you guys contacted PLX...?
Old 05-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Community Organizer

im putting stock o2 sensor back in this weekend no more narrow band emulator for me and yes ive checked inputs never looses power. i think because i get lines in the display from time to time its the module is bad im sending it all back to plx but after talking to them there not going to help me should have went with innovative will post if the stock sensor fixes running issue will also post if plx stands behind there product
Old 05-30-2012, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by s2k manic
im putting stock o2 sensor back in this weekend no more narrow band emulator for me and yes ive checked inputs never looses power. i think because i get lines in the display from time to time its the module is bad im sending it all back to plx but after talking to them there not going to help me should have went with innovative will post if the stock sensor fixes running issue will also post if plx stands behind there product
What innovative gauge?

You have a link .. ?

And, yes....please let is know if ripping that sucker outa there and swapping out put fixed the issue
Old 05-31-2012, 10:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What ECU are you running and how is the PLX wired in? What inputs?
Old 06-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Community Organizer

car runs great without the plx wide band emulator feeding stock ecu 15 miles no stutter narrow band gauge is more sensitive now too i think its the plx module ill be calling them tomorrow last week the guy was a dick will see if there mood improves after my findings will update as this progresses
Old 06-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Community Organizer

talked to tim at plx he was much better to deal with looks like the module is bad sent it back today hopefully ill get it back next week and tig an o2 bung on my test pipe call it good
Old 06-05-2012, 12:03 PM

Received 424 Likes on 299 Posts

FWIW...I have had a couple PLX modules and gauge in my car for about four years with no problems.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I see you are headed in the right direction; I would suggest a second exhaust bung for your wideband sensor. Leave the stock o2 sensor alone as the oem ecu is happy with its narrow band range. Narrow band emulators always seemed kinda iffy to me, no matter the company.

Quick Reply: plx wide band issues