S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Running with turbo and oem ecu

Old 01-22-2009, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Running with turbo and oem ecu

I'm planning on installing the turbo but leaving out the AEM ecu and injectors and not boosting, plus whatever else I need to leave out in order to make it drivable in the meantime whilst I wait for the tuner to turn up in a couple months time. Would this be an issue?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will you be driving the car?? I don't know how the ecu will handle the exhaust flow or the intake but it should work. You will have to leave the wastegate spring out so that pressure doesn't build.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the turbo will still over spin because of lack of risistance in the compressor blade. maybe make an exhaust adapter from your turbo manifold to yor down pipe and keep the turbo off.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:48 PM

how about u make a tuning date with the tuner then install the turbo kit just before =). the turbo will still spin and still runs a chance of leaning the car out , why would u do this anyway?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

leaving the wastegate spring out will help, but keeping your foot off the throttle would be the best way to keeping the car safe while you drive it.

just stay out of boost. if your car sees no positive pressure and its still running on stock injectors everything should operate as per normal.

again - STAY OUT OF BOOST. no, really. dont do it even once.

you'll be fine =)
Old 01-22-2009, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by TelosHedge' date='Jan 22 2009, 11:18 PM
leaving the wastegate spring out will help, but keeping your foot off the throttle would be the best way to keeping the car safe while you drive it.

just stay out of boost. if your car sees no positive pressure and its still running on stock injectors everything should operate as per normal.

again - STAY OUT OF BOOST. no, really. dont do it even once.

you'll be fine =)
lol yes hes right , merging into heavy traffic wont be fun!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:36 PM
kix

not safe to do at all and this is not from a motor perspective.... I'm sure you'll run into a few situations where you'll need power to avoid stuff or drive defensively. Imagine merging onto a freeway and you end up right next to a 18 wheeler... unfortuatnly you can't mash the throttle to over take him so you have to slow down to 30-40mph and run the risk of some idiot rear ending you.

Your better off installing everything minus the turbo/manifold and some piping... installing these last few pieces should take more than half a day to do
Old 01-23-2009, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by kix' date='Jan 23 2009, 03:36 AM
not safe to do at all and this is not from a motor perspective.... I'm sure you'll run into a few situations where you'll need power to avoid stuff or drive defensively. Imagine merging onto a freeway and you end up right next to a 18 wheeler... unfortuatnly you can't mash the throttle to over take him so you have to slow down to 30-40mph and run the risk of some idiot rear ending you.

Your better off installing everything minus the turbo/manifold and some piping... installing these last few pieces should take more than half a day to do
definitely a better idea.

you could technically mount up most of your exhaust, put the intercooler up, and even run piping to the intake manifold if you want to. then when you put your last piece of piping up thats supposed to goto the turbo you could stick a filter on it - man that would be a funny looking setup!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:09 AM

lol No boost no problem, if you boost have your wallet ready.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by S2KB00ST' date='Jan 22 2009, 03:42 AM
I'm planning on installing the turbo but leaving out the AEM ecu and injectors and not boosting, plus whatever else I need to leave out in order to make it drivable in the meantime whilst I wait for the tuner to turn up in a couple months time. Would this be an issue?
You would be a fool to do this.

Put the car together completely, then and only then tow it to a tuner.

If you don't have a 2nd car to drive in the meantime, I would suggest you forgo modding your only vehicle.

If you don't have $$ to spare on a tow, then you shouldn't be modding your car.

Quick Reply: Running with turbo and oem ecu