S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

S2000 Turbo Maintenance Help

Old 05-29-2012, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Turbo Maintenance Help

Hey guys so I've finally decided to go turbo on my S Ive had her for 6 years now and finally ready to a one shot full build off, but a little query on the difference in maintenance and repairs from a stock s2000, to a turbo s2000. Like what type of situations would a turbo S get me into? Would a fully built Turbo S be a solid bullet proof reliable car where it would only require high maintenance on just fluid changes and typical wear and tear parts replacement? Or would bolts and etc get loose and need to get tightened every so often? This is going to be my first turbo car and I havent had much experience in the turbo field physically rather than just learning and knowing about facts about it. I am going to be getting a complete full build off from Full Blown Motorsport through Lj. Im still debating whether to stick and go with e85 since in Montreal there are literally only 2 gas stations that sell e85 and it would suck if i ever ran out of gas or plan b stick towards pump gas but sticking with pump will be max 500ish hp limitations Hope you guys can give me some quick tips on what type of maintenance and issues I may expect and deal with once my S goes turbo.
Below I have listed the complete build that I'm going to be doing.

MY CAR SPECS
HONDA S2000 YEAR 2000 AP1
70,000 MILES
HKS HI POWER DUAL EXHAUST

RELOCATIONS
RELOCATING THE FUSE BOX (UNDER PASSENGER SIDE DASH)
RELOCATE BATTERY (TO TRUNK)
RELOCATE A/C LINES (S2000 Custom Air Conditioning Line Relocation Kit)

THE TURBO KIT

Full BLOWN TWINSCROLL turbo kit GT3582R .82 A/R
TiAL wastegate in Red
RED Tial BOV
Injector Dynamic 1000cc X4
FULL BLOWN 340HP fuel pump
Aem V2 ems
AEM Bar MAP Sensor
AEM Boost Control SolenoiD
ngk spark plugs X4
AEM BOOST GAUGE
AEM WIDEBAND
AUTOMETER GAUGE POD
AIR FILTER FOR TURBO

COOLING
FULLBLOWN RADIATOR
2X FULLBLOWN ELECTRIC SLIM FANS
BLACK FULLBLOWN RADIATOR HOSE

TRANSMISSION
FBM Spec Clutchmasters Twin Disc
ULTRA LIGHT FLY WHEEL
2jz v160 TRANSMISSION 6-SPEED MANUAL
FULLBLOWN S2KV160 Adapter Plate, Shifter, Transmission mount

THE MOTOR
Ferrea Springs/retainers
FBM H11 Headstuds
(850 HP CAPABILITY BOTTOM END)

DIFFERENTIAL
FULLBLOWN S2000 FORD 8.8 Rear End Kit
FBM/DSS 5.9 Driveshaft/Axles
FORD 8.8 DIFFERENTIAL
FBM Delrin Bushings

BRAKES
WILWOOD FRONT BIG BRAKE KIT
WILWOOD REAR BIG BRAKE KIT

SUSPENSION
Eibach Sway Bar FRONT/REAR
ASM FRONT STRUT BAR
ASM REAR STRUT BAR
Spoon Sports Chassis X-Brace (Front)
SPC ADJUSTABLE CAMBER BALL JOINT
HSD COILOVER
VRH SUSPENSION KIT

TIRES/WHEELS
VOLKS TE37 8.5 IN FRONT 9.5 IN BACK
Nitto Tires NT-01

ETC..
FBM Catchcan

Old 05-29-2012, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by youngkilla
Hey guys so I've finally decided to go turbo on my S Ive had her for 6 years now and finally ready to a one shot full build off, but a little query on the difference in maintenance and repairs from a stock s2000, to a turbo s2000. Like what type of situations would a turbo S get me into? Would a fully built Turbo S be a solid bullet proof reliable car where it would only require high maintenance on just fluid changes and typical wear and tear parts replacement? Or would bolts and etc get loose and need to get tightened every so often? This is going to be my first turbo car and I havent had much experience in the turbo field physically rather than just learning and knowing about facts about it. I am going to be getting a complete full build off from Full Blown Motorsport through Lj. Im still debating whether to stick and go with e85 since in Montreal there are literally only 2 gas stations that sell e85 and it would suck if i ever ran out of gas or plan b stick towards pump gas but sticking with pump will be max 500ish hp limitations Hope you guys can give me some quick tips on what type of maintenance and issues I may expect and deal with once my S goes turbo.

MY CAR SPECS
70,000 MILES

RELOCATIONS

THE TURBO KIT

TiAL wastegate in Red
RED Tial BOV
Aem V2 ems
AEM Bar MAP Sensor
ngk spark plugs X4
AEM BOOST GAUGE
AEM WIDEBAND
AUTOMETER GAUGE POD
AIR FILTER FOR TURBO

COOLING
FULLBLOWN RADIATOR

TRANSMISSION
ULTRA LIGHT FLY WHEEL

THE MOTOR
Ferrea Springs/retainers
FBM H11 Headstuds

DIFFERENTIAL
FORD 8.8 DIFFERENTIAL
FBM Delrin Bushings

BRAKES

SUSPENSION
ASM FRONT STRUT BAR
ASM REAR STRUT BAR
HSD COILOVER
VRH SUSPENSION KIT

TIRES/WHEELS
Nitto Tires NT-01

ETC..
FBM Catchcan

Let me be first to ask... So you have a bone stock s2000 now and you want to do all of the above? If so, keep your $30k+ sell your s2k and buy something sweet! You can get a used Maserati Coupe! Now thats something!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by GoOn3
Originally Posted by youngkilla' timestamp='1338330911' post='21738146

MY CAR SPECS
70,000 MILES

RELOCATIONS

THE TURBO KIT

TiAL wastegate in Red
RED Tial BOV
Aem V2 ems
AEM Bar MAP Sensor
ngk spark plugs X4
AEM BOOST GAUGE
AEM WIDEBAND
AUTOMETER GAUGE POD
AIR FILTER FOR TURBO

COOLING
FULLBLOWN RADIATOR

TRANSMISSION
ULTRA LIGHT FLY WHEEL

THE MOTOR
Ferrea Springs/retainers
FBM H11 Headstuds

DIFFERENTIAL
FORD 8.8 DIFFERENTIAL
FBM Delrin Bushings

BRAKES

SUSPENSION
ASM FRONT STRUT BAR
ASM REAR STRUT BAR
HSD COILOVER
VRH SUSPENSION KIT

TIRES/WHEELS
Nitto Tires NT-01

ETC..
FBM Catchcan

Let me be first to ask... So you have a bone stock s2000 now and you want to do all of the above? If so, keep your $30k+ sell your s2k and buy something sweet! You can get a used Maserati Coupe! Now thats something!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by youngkilla' timestamp='1338330911' post='21738146

MY CAR SPECS
70,000 MILES

RELOCATIONS

THE TURBO KIT

TiAL wastegate in Red
RED Tial BOV
Aem V2 ems
AEM Bar MAP Sensor
ngk spark plugs X4
AEM BOOST GAUGE
AEM WIDEBAND
AUTOMETER GAUGE POD
AIR FILTER FOR TURBO

COOLING
FULLBLOWN RADIATOR

TRANSMISSION
ULTRA LIGHT FLY WHEEL

THE MOTOR
Ferrea Springs/retainers
FBM H11 Headstuds

DIFFERENTIAL
FORD 8.8 DIFFERENTIAL
FBM Delrin Bushings

BRAKES

SUSPENSION
ASM FRONT STRUT BAR
ASM REAR STRUT BAR
HSD COILOVER
VRH SUSPENSION KIT

TIRES/WHEELS
Nitto Tires NT-01

ETC..
FBM Catchcan

No its not completely bone stock I already have most of the following mentioned parts but the cars currently N/A and I would like to go turbo and im sticking to that i just would like to know what type of maintenance/issues I would need to deal with even the its fully built I just wanna know to be sure and what I am might have to deal with
Old 05-29-2012, 06:54 PM

One of the biggest maintenance things is making sure bolts and nuts are staying in place. I actually disagree with everyone that says there is extra maintenance and broken parts with turbo set-ups. If everything is installed correctly and with attention to detail then there will be little issues. I say this though with a grain of salt as it seems as if you will be pushing the limit or at least have the ability to.

It all depends if you will be pushing hard or not. It also depends on if you will be just boosting around town or if you really want to track it or even if you want to do mountain runs. If you are doing more than just boosting around then I would recommend against the glorified mishimoto FB rad. It's just a pretty version or the stock rad that has slightly better cooling ability. I would look at doing a real cross flow radiator as can be found in the racing sub forum. I also didn't see an oil cooler. A good oil cooler will be necessay again if you will be doing more than cruising around.

That's a start. Everything else looks pretty badass!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So your asking if you remove, and or change the entire factory driveline, triple the power, and actually try to use it will you have problems. Does a whore suck cock for money? What kind of noob ass bullshit question is this. Everyone on this forum has constant problems, we enjoy the challenge of making things work that shouldn't. If you don't like fixing stuff, stay na. Boost breaks shit. Is it awesome, Hell yeah. Will you have problems, Hell Yeah. Haven't seen a bulletproof setup yet. Every other thread is about someones problem and how to solve it. Sounds like you gonna start a lot of threads with all that stuff. Happy boosting.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:07 PM

One of the biggest maintenance things is making sure bolts and nuts are staying in place. I actually disagree with everyone that says there is extra maintenance and broken parts with turbo set-ups. If everything is installed correctly and with attention to detail then there will be little issues. I say this though with a grain of salt as it seems as if you will be pushing the limit or at least have the ability to.

It all depends if you will be pushing hard or not. It also depends on if you will be just boosting around town or if you really want to track it or even if you want to do mountain runs. If you are doing more than just boosting around then I would recommend against the glorified mishimoto FB rad. It's just a pretty version or the stock rad that has slightly better cooling ability. I would look at doing a real cross flow radiator as can be found in the racing sub forum. I also didn't see an oil cooler. A good oil cooler will be necessay again if you will be doing more than cruising around.

That's a start. Everything else looks pretty badass!
never really been on the track but i doubt i will be going often to the track im gonna be driving it mostly on the streets and occasionally a quarter mile
Old 05-29-2012, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by japhethwar
So your asking if you remove, and or change the entire factory driveline, triple the power, and actually try to use it will you have problems. Does a whore suck cock for money? What kind of noob ass bullshit question is this. Everyone on this forum has constant problems, we enjoy the challenge of making things work that shouldn't. If you don't like fixing stuff, stay na. Boost breaks shit. Is it awesome, Hell yeah. Will you have problems, Hell Yeah. Haven't seen a bulletproof setup yet. Every other thread is about someones problem and how to solve it. Sounds like you gonna start a lot of threads with all that stuff. Happy boosting.
Lol true that!! its just hard to find reliable turbo mechanics down here, thats why Im curious
Old 05-30-2012, 03:30 AM

^^ learn about them do the work yourself, you'll save a lot of money and it's much more rewarding..I completely agree with japhethwar
Old 05-30-2012, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by japhethwar
i was literally laughing while reading this. It is quite true. To add to this/ reinforce this idea/ thought; We are putting parts together that were designed for a wholly different purpose. Do i need to finish the thought? But seriously, building a car that puts down 200whp stock and making it able to handle double and triple, sometimes more, the power and putting "supra" and "ford" parts and "custom" parts that were designed for another purpose. Parts that, while I think that LJ is a brilliant car man, parts that are in reality "shade tree" engineered. Things will break and the parts will be engineered and re-engineered over and over to be the solution. It is us, the turbo guys, that have the fantastic human condition, and we always want more! That means we push the envelope, break stuff, men like LJ find a solution and the cycle starts again. Its almost as if our purpose is to break stuff in a round about way.

It is your job to be part of the process and not a victim of it! I would highly recommend doing most of the install yourself and learn what every part does and how it works, mechanically and electronically. This will enable you to solve the problems down the road and allow you to not pay massive mounts of money to someone else when something does, and it will, go wrong.

Quick Reply: S2000 Turbo Maintenance Help