S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Solution for running multiple gauges

Old 06-03-2008, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solution for running multiple gauges

I've seen a few posts regarding placement of gauges, especially after the two-gauge A-pillar option is exhausted. There are a few creative ideas involving using the center console, rick's radio door, or removing the stereo control knob to the left of the steering wheel.

When I went turbo, I wanted to run AFR, Boost, Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature, and EGT. However, I had no idea how to mount 5 gauges in my car. I stumbled upon the PLX DM100/200 series gauges, which are basically LED gauges that allow you to run up to 4 parameters in one gauge. I bought two of these gauges and mounted them in my A-pillar.

The top gauge is my wideband and you can see it in my avatar.

My bottom gauge displays oil pressure, temperature, EGT, and Boost; this is what it looks like (sorry for the bad photo):

The gauge allows you to set up alarms for each parameter. In my case, a warning will trigger when boost goes above 9.5, EGT above 1450 degrees, oil pressure below 11 psi, and oil temperature above 250 degrees. This came in handy once when one of my fittings broke on the highway. My alarm (a flashing screen with the values causing the error) went off and I turned the car off in time; I only had 2 quarts left at this point! The one downside is that in sunlight, they are no so visible with the top down; I will be using anti-reflective film that is often used on laptops to counteract this.

Just wanted to share!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:13 PM

nice, who makes em, plx? or is that part of the part #?
Old 06-03-2008, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by passmans2kny,Jun 3 2008, 04:13 PM
nice, who makes em, plx? or is that part of the part #?
PLX Devices makes them (http://www.plxdevices.com/)

I have the DM-100 which is the 52mm; the DM-200 is the 60mm
Old 06-03-2008, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I want when I get the money to do it. How much?

Right now I just put in the A/F and boost gauge but the boost is pretty much pointless on the S/C, I'd like oil pressure and fuel pressure if possible, oil temp too.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by wing,Jun 3 2008, 05:08 PM
This is what I want when I get the money to do it. How much?

Right now I just put in the A/F and boost gauge but the boost is pretty much pointless on the S/C, I'd like oil pressure and fuel pressure if possible, oil temp too.
each gauge from PLX is about $210.. each sensor/box costs about $100-200 each
Old 06-03-2008, 01:25 PM

I am also using this gauge and like it quite a bit. Running out of room under the dash to put more modules though.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by LeonGalt,Jun 3 2008, 05:25 PM
I am also using this gauge and like it quite a bit. Running out of room under the dash to put more modules though.
i know what you mean! i have some boxes under the pass side
Old 06-03-2008, 02:50 PM

Hey devs2k, I recently just recieved my Gauges from PLX, I saw you had a setup similar to what I want.

Anyways I have some questions, I would of looked for some of these answers on PLX's web site but there forum is down.

I am a real noob to this stuff but any help you can give up would seriously help.
+ any pictures of where this stuff goes or if you have any suggestions please

My setup is as follows:

I have 2 DM100 Gauges, My modules are as follows; 1, Vac Boost, 1, SM/Fluid/Temp with (2) Sensor Probes, and 1 Fluid Pressure.

This Sensor goes to the Fluid Pressure any ideas of where to mount this?

I have 2 of these sensors, but was curious what you might of used to plum these into the your S2K or a good location.

Also I didnt see it in the manuals but can the power for the modules be daisy chained?

Thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 05:04 PM

Is the font tiny? I'd like a picture of it on the dash so I can size things up for comparison
Old 06-03-2008, 06:02 PM

Slambo,

the oil temperature and pressure sensors have a 1/8 NPT (National Pipe Thread) thread pattern

i have the greddy turbo kit which uses an oil relocation kit.. the adapter on the block has 1-2 bungs for oil sensors... just a note, the greddy adapter has 1/8 BSPT (British Standard Pipe Tapered) thread and not 1/8 NPT; it is similar but not the same.. I put the oil pressure sensor there and had to use a 1/8 BSPT/NPT adapter

the adapter for the now relocated oil filter also has a 1-2 bungs for sensors.. same story here..i put the oil temp sensor here using the 1/8 BSPT/NPT adapter

im not sure how the daisy chain works... i didnt put the boxes in myself

Quick Reply: Solution for running multiple gauges