S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Supercharger Help

Old 03-09-2018, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger Help

Hi Everybody,

This may be rather long, but I am just trying to find some serious help in figuring out what may be going on amd understand it could be various issues. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

I just got done installing a Kraftwerks Supercharger kit on my 2002 and everything went good amd seemed fine. I did follow the kraftwerks installation guide for the most part except for priming the supercharger. I did follow the Rotrex instructions for that. I warmed the care up check for leaks and fluod levels which was all good and took it around the block. Light driving. When I pulled it back into the driveway I looked underneath the car and saw dripping. Pulled it back into the garage jacked it up and saw there was leaking from the supercharger. Thought maybe it was a hose or just the banjo bolt connections so I double checked everything put it back together and started it back up. After about 5mins idling the leak started again. It is not coming from the hoses, but from the seal of the supercharger. Is this possible being a brand new charger? It is kinda whistle loud too!

I did see that rotrex said to mount the oil resevoir lower than the charger, yet the Kraftwerks install has it at the top middle of the radiator. Could this possibly cause seeping like I am seeing?

I also read something about the original PCV causing pressure to build to high in a charger which can create oil to leak from the seals. Is this also something I should definetely change out?

Hope this isn’t too much, just really new to a modification like this.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Jay
Old 03-11-2018, 05:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Got a photo? A new blower shouldn't leak. They are fairly loud at idle with the hood open.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:35 PM

Were it is located it is pretty much impossible to get a pic. The leak is coming from the inlet side of the blower and that side is next to the block. I cannot even get a view of the leak from under the car when it's idling, only seeing the fluid running down the side and dripping. When I put it back in I did replace the hose and the banjo bolts on the inlet just to make sure it may not of been the connection. I purchased the kit from a guy locally that had to sell is S2K and never put it in. Everything was still boxed and sealed. It is an older kit, number 150-05-0609H
Old 03-11-2018, 11:04 PM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

PCV shouldn't cause that much pressure to build to the point that the blower starts leaking. Run a catch can to see if that helps and/or vent the valve cover vent to atmosphere via a small breather filter.
Did you double check your connections to and from the blower's oil can? Rotrex kits aren't running traditional engine oil feed and returns are they?
Old 03-13-2018, 07:54 AM

Hi Rolan,

Thank you for the reply. Yes I did double check the lines and even put on new hoses and clamps for good measure. I think I may have found the leak. I believe it is just seeping from the banjo bolt. I did torque them to spec, but guessing that just was not enough. I also moved the oil res and mag filter down lower than what the install guide stated and that did make a difference on the amount that was seeping. I have new bolts and crush washers on their way, so that should do it. I also have a dual catch can kit coming from RA.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:55 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Tempest161
Hi Rolan,

Thank you for the reply. Yes I did double check the lines and even put on new hoses and clamps for good measure. I think I may have found the leak. I believe it is just seeping from the banjo bolt. I did torque them to spec, but guessing that just was not enough. I also moved the oil res and mag filter down lower than what the install guide stated and that did make a difference on the amount that was seeping. I have new bolts and crush washers on their way, so that should do it. I also have a dual catch can kit coming from RA.
My pleasure

Glad to hear that. Where exactly is the banjo bolt?