S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

What injectors for Comptech SC setup

Old 01-20-2016, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What injectors for Comptech SC setup

Hey guys,
So, this Saturday, I'm installing my Comptech SC kit. So far, I've been trying to piece together any missing parts (since the kit was used), and I've bought a Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, new NGK spark plugs #2668 and looking into a bigger heat exchanger.

My real question is about the injectors. With about 6psi (on an ap1), what size injectors should I be running? Can I stay on my stock ones for a while? I keep reading that people are going with 1000cc but I think I eventually want to go e85, so should I start with bigger ones?
I'm going to be using the stock Comptech EMS, so I don't know what that thing can handle, as far as injector sizes.
Any knowledge on this would be great!

Thanks
Old 01-20-2016, 03:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The base kit is designed to use the OEM injectors. As long as your using the rising rate fuel pressure regulator and Comptech EMS youll be fine with OEM injectors. Im running ID1000s which gives me plenty of room when the time comes to increase boost.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by MBHs2k
The base kit is designed to use the OEM injectors. As long as your using the rising rate fuel pressure regulator and Comptech EMS youll be fine with OEM injectors. Im running ID1000s which gives me plenty of room when the time comes to increase boost.
Okay, gotcha! That helps, thanks. I'm gonna be running the stock pulley for a while too.
So you think 1000cc is big enough even for e85? People were saying 1300cc.
I won't be going e85 for a while, but just trying to prep lol
Old 01-21-2016, 12:53 AM
Former Sponsor

If your going to stay at 6psi, 1000's will be good for e85. Sending you a message.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:39 AM

You can (and should) stay on your stock injectors unless you're going to replace the ECU. There's no reason to consider E85 or larger injectors at 6psi.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've recently installed a CTSC in my 00 s2k. I did not upgrade my injectors for two reasons: 1) I live in Cali and smog is a bitch, and 2) I'm at 5.5-6 psi, which stock injectors can handle. Unless you are upgrading to a smaller pulley you would be wasting $$$$ on injectors. I was on the same boat and jumped ship for the moment simply because of Cali smog issue. To be honest I almost jumped back on the ship last week. I was asked if i wanted to make more power,but decided that the $$$$$ involved every 2 years was not worth it right now.
What you need to worry about, which i did not at the time of install is CTs ACM unit. Might be programmed to rich.
Keep us updated bro.
Good Luck,
Old 01-22-2016, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Spaceman2345
I've recently installed a CTSC in my 00 s2k. I did not upgrade my injectors for two reasons: 1) I live in Cali and smog is a bitch, and 2) I'm at 5.5-6 psi, which stock injectors can handle. Unless you are upgrading to a smaller pulley you would be wasting $$$$ on injectors. I was on the same boat and jumped ship for the moment simply because of Cali smog issue. To be honest I almost jumped back on the ship last week. I was asked if i wanted to make more power,but decided that the $$$$$ involved every 2 years was not worth it right now.
What you need to worry about, which i did not at the time of install is CTs ACM unit. Might be programmed to rich.
Keep us updated bro.
Good Luck,
What issues did you have with Smog? Because the whole kit is CARB legal. And any car that's 2000 and newer only gets a visual inspection and OBDII reading for CELs. They can't see the injectors so they wouldn't know they aren't stock. Unless you think they would read the ECU and see that it isn't a stock map, in which case I counter-argue with the fact that I smogged my WRX with a Cobb Stage 1 map on the ECU and it passed, no issues. So I'm not really sure haha.
Thoughts?
Old 01-22-2016, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by UberDuper
You can (and should) stay on your stock injectors unless you're going to replace the ECU. There's no reason to consider E85 or larger injectors at 6psi.
Well, I don't plan to stay at 6psi forever haha. Eventually, I'd like to upgrade the pulley but I know I need a standalone ECU. Just trying to prepare myself I guess.
My plan is to eventually run e85. So I guess I just want to know what upgrades I would need when that time comes. So far, ECU, Injectors and a smaller pulley come to mind.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Behradsays
Originally Posted by Spaceman2345' timestamp='1453402957' post='23859213
Keep us updated bro.
Good Luck,
What issues did you have with Smog? Because the whole kit is CARB legal. And any car that's 2000 and newer only gets a visual inspection and OBDII reading for CELs. They can't see the injectors so they wouldn't know they aren't stock. Unless you think they would read the ECU and see that it isn't a stock map, in which case I counter-argue with the fact that I smogged my WRX with a Cobb Stage 1 map on the ECU and it passed, no issues. So I'm not really sure haha.
Thoughts?
For smog,the ECU reading was my issue.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:19 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Behradsays
Originally Posted by Spaceman2345' timestamp='1453402957' post='23859213
I've recently installed a CTSC in my 00 s2k. I did not upgrade my injectors for two reasons: 1) I live in Cali and smog is a bitch, and 2) I'm at 5.5-6 psi, which stock injectors can handle. Unless you are upgrading to a smaller pulley you would be wasting $$ on injectors. I was on the same boat and jumped ship for the moment simply because of Cali smog issue. To be honest I almost jumped back on the ship last week. I was asked if i wanted to make more power,but decided that the $$$ involved every 2 years was not worth it right now.
Keep us updated bro.
Good Luck,
Thoughts?
Keep in mind that while the laws changed and say that a visual inspection and hook up to the OBD port is all that's needed...there are apparently still many smog shops that actually do the sniff test still, and you could fail if they do.

Quick Reply: What injectors for Comptech SC setup