The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

*UPDATED PICS ON PG !* A Trip Down Memory Lane.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default *UPDATED PICS ON PG !* A Trip Down Memory Lane.

just thought to update my thread on my z4mc. some recent pictures=]

Hello dear S2ki,

I have been lurking on s2ki for a year before i even purchased the s2000. After much research on exactly what I wanted, i decided on a 2003 ap1 for the 9k rpm redline =D. The car was bought in 2005 with 18kmiles on it.

There is my first love. The very next day at my buddy's house with his new MSM.

here's the car freshly waxed and got its first OEM front lip. =D

Then i got bored with the stock rims and rattle canned them black.

O_O look at the rust at the hub centers! i painted it shortly after =D

My lip cracked =[. lipless there at a socal evo meet, oh yea, sometimes in between, i bought coilovers =D because my lip cracked, I toyed with the idea of having a gp sports front bumper.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:00 AM

never put the gp sports bumper on, sold that, got bored again then placed a red stripe around my black stockies.

of course, you can purchase these red "motorcycle tapes" at any auto convenience store. then its just the matter of putting the tape on perfectly... which was really hard

Got bored of the stockies, stacked them in the garage and got these put on.

-17 x 8.5 +45 all around gold advan rgII. some pics were taking at LIFE plaza and Philips Ranch High. Sometime in between i got another OEM front lip along with AEM V2 intake (not pictured)

Old 04-12-2009, 05:01 AM

Got rid of the advans, bought these.
- 17 x 7.5 +48 and 17 x 8.5 +53 (standard prodrive offset gc07)

^lots of room for bbk=D too bad that was never planned.

I wanted a more agressive alignment. so i went to Darin at westend of course.

^ there's darin!!!!!!

Some additional pictures of my car on the prodrives.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:01 AM

The prodrives were then traded over seas for a set of LE 37's gloss black with chrome lip, however, that was never put on.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:02 AM

Somewhere in between, i have cracked my front lip AGAIN, picked up an amuse rep. lip, and some new rims.
-17 x 9 +45 all around. I got my fender work done by spunky from SD. the dude drove up from SD to LA to roll my fenders. Great dude.

Then i got bored again. Decided to spend a good two days painting the rpf1's time attack style (terrible mistake on my part, i liked them silver better)

A couple months after i took those same pictures, i hit a hunk of metal on the freeway, and happened to hit an orange cone blown from the side to the center due to strong winds. here's the result

Old 04-12-2009, 05:02 AM

After a string of bad luck, I picked myself up and started parting out. I have set my eyes on the new prize. Almost half a year later, i traded in my first love for this. 2007 z4mc

excuse the horrible iphone pictures or of all my pictures. haha.

Its been a long 3 years, well kind of, from january of 2006 - april of 2009, i went from my beloved s2000 to, imo, a very nice upgrade, the z4mc.

Why did i sell the s2000? the s2000 was one of the best cars i have owned and driven. The feeling of rawness, driving top down with music and the heater blasting, then listening to the open element aemv2 intake growl as it crosses 6krpm. This car was definitely my first love, and my introduction to the entire car scene, and of course, s2ki. 3 years later, i honestly wanted something new. The s2000 was getting too loud for me. The car was getting too old for me. The mileage was getting too high for me. The car just wasn't the same, but i still loved her. To me, the move to the z4m coupe was in every way an upgrade to me. I personally love two seaters, i will always have one. I also wanted a change, i changed from being a fully convertible car, which i LOVED, to a coupe that has no sunroof. Ideally, i would have gotten the z4m vert, but then i cannot reject the beautiful lines on the z4mc. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder, but i thought the s2000 and z4mc are very great, sexy looking cars. On the z4mc, the lines on the c pillars the leads to the hatch was too great, great enough for me to want to sacrifice and try out the whole coupe thing. Enough blabbering. Here's my quick review of the two cars that you folks are prolly looking for.

s2000: Raw is probably the best word to describe this car. I love the super slick transmission that could be shifted with such ease and pleasure. It really adds to the car's driving experience. The engine note that spun to 9000rpms and that wonderful 2nd-3rd gear grind when i redline the car. ahhh. good times. Unclick the two latches, click e-brake, going topless was one of the best things to do ever. My complains for this car was this: The road noise on the freeway with the softtop is honestly too unbearable. The spartan interior along with everything the car had to offer to me that i LOVED before started becoming a problem. The numbness of the steering feel and the lack of n/a power started becoming a problem. I started researching and found the car to fulfill my needs now 3 years later.

z4mc: If s2000 was raw and s2000 was gerald butler in "300", then the z4mc is gerald butler in the phantom of the opera. Terrible analogy/comparison i know, but the z4mc, imo, does everything the s2000 does but does it better. It does it in better style, name, luxury, exclusivity ( i see around 5 s2000's everyday, i see z4mc once every blue moon) and overall, more power. The z4mc has extended leather, carbon trim, navigation system, bluetooth phone, heated seats, premium sound, just about the whole package. The csl brakes on these cars are incredible, the engine is just as linear as the s2000's, making its power up top north of 8000 rpms and handles weather, roads, and corners more securely than the s2000. The hydraulic steering is very direct and communicative, while you stare at the fat, leather wrapped M steering wheel in front of you.

Overall, in these 3 years, i have changed my preferences, needs and outlook that i have in the vehicle that i am purchasing. Its all preferences honestly. To me, i loved the nimble, high revving, drop top, and RAW package the s2000 had to offer. I will remember and love this car forever. However, I find myself getting really comfortable using the luxury this car has to offer along with the ease of performing a bit better than the s2000. To me, the only car i would have bought in the 35k price range after the s2000 was the z4mc. Nothing else. I made my decision, picked up this baby, and i will only look back at the s2000 and reminisce of the great memories we shared.

I will not be where i am without s2ki. Great thanks to this community. I will still lurk around and post on here, since www.zpost.com is ridiculously slow and boring. If you fellow s2000 owners don't mind of course, I would love sharing more of my z4mc pictures and mods-to-come with you guys. Long post!. My longest actually. Hope you all enjoyed it and suffered long reading (was it?). See you guys around.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up!

Great looking Z4
Old 04-12-2009, 05:32 AM

thank you sir!
Old 04-12-2009, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

z4mc... Personal choice I guess... But i def don't like them. Love the write up though!
Old 04-12-2009, 07:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice s2000, nice story, nice z4 m coupe.

i have a buddy who's in absolute love with the m coupe
but he's got no balls big enough to pull the trigger.

no thanx to the miata, yo!

Quick Reply: *UPDATED PICS ON PG !* A Trip Down Memory Lane.