S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   The S2000 Gallery (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-gallery-12/)
-   -   Dymag wheel fail (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-gallery-12/dymag-wheel-fail-776877/)

Monkeyboi 03-27-2010 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Vik2000,Mar 27 2010, 01:56 PM
I don't know if I wanna rock their wheels again if I were the customer man... :rolleyes:

"Hey! don't worry about wheels failing during your track days. If they break, then we'll just make you another set so you can make it to the next event on time!"

Being professionals they could of checked their wheels before each race. If they detected it early, they would of gotten replaced. They check tires, why not check the wheels? :ponder:

krnmike 03-27-2010 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Monkeyboi,Mar 27 2010, 02:14 PM
Being professionals they could of checked their wheels before each race. If they detected it early, they would of gotten replaced. They check tires, why not check the wheels? :ponder:

the guy that owned that wheel was an independent driver with no team. I think if his car was professional, maybe it would have logistics that would reveal that something is wrong ahead of time? or maybe they would've checked it. wheels are tricky though.

no one really knows how it broke though. the guy that wrote the explanation isn't the owner of the wheels. he seems like a fanboy of dymag :suspect:. Also, if it's true, it's said that the wheel had a thin crack while the car was running....but i don't know how they ever found that out while the car is moving (because the guy said the wheels were never checked before).

unfortunately they were not checked after each event and the spoke developed a hairline crack that started from the engraving on the back of the spoke. They stamp the back of the spokes with the model number of the mold. The crack propagated causing the spoke to break in half and transfering the weight load the the remaining spoke as he continued to run the wheel then broke as he was in a straight line braking zone at the end of a staright away.

the s2k dude 03-27-2010 03:15 PM

ALL wheels can Fail. because this wheel differs from the norm, people are going to say its the wheels fault blah blah blah..

now if the majority of the wheels sold had problems, that is another story..

the fact that the company paid for the damage and replace the FULL SET of wheels is worth the 10k purchase price from the get go. if a company will back up their product like they seem to be doing then thats all i need to know. other companies selling crappy parts life threatening or not, but not replacing them is not worth my money

madcowdk 03-27-2010 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by krnmike,Mar 27 2010, 03:34 PM
u didn't catch my sarcasm :D

:banghead: :LOL:

badboy00z 03-28-2010 12:51 AM

IMO those fancy wheels should not be used on the track.

Mr. Francesco 03-28-2010 03:38 AM

Ouch, Dymag handled that issue very well, great customer service and problem resolution. I'm not sure I would ever buy their rims though. I rather have a nice set of BBS's for that money.

tomsport 03-28-2010 04:28 AM

for running full slick full time plus 60 track days. i'd give it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nick. 03-28-2010 04:44 AM

so are there as many dymag hate threads as rota? i mean i've seem a similar pic of a rota wheel

:LOL:

Sr2oD3 03-28-2010 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by badboy00z,Mar 28 2010, 12:51 AM
IMO those fancy wheels should not be used on the track.

I thought they were developed for competition use... :confused:

badboy00z 03-28-2010 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sr2oD3,Mar 28 2010, 09:29 AM
I thought they were developed for competition use... :confused:

I don't know if they are or not. The spokes looks like they are just glued to the carbon fiber. Lol. How exactly are they attached?