The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Ls1 s2000

Old 12-20-2016, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 s2000

Hey guys, been a long time lurker on this forum. I realized this is probably a sacrilege for most of you but to some it may be a cool project. So please keep it PG

This is my LS1 S2000 any questions please let me know the color is C7 corvette Laguna Blue the hood is painted with a carbon fiber type design color.

I'm sure some of you have seen it on either Facebook or Ebay (yes I'm selling it, unfortunately I learned that I am not rich enough to maintain or drive such a car), I wanted to post it here just because I'm curious of you guys reaction, yes I'm prepare to get criticized for having such a car, and finally, yes I'm posting this so just I can get some interest in buying the car.

Last edited by ABP_DC5; 01-21-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:37 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

I don't see anything wrong with this swap at all, in fact for some of us who have come full circle with boosting the stock engine and then going back to N/A for reliability sake, the v8 swap seems like a viable solution to get F power out of a reliable NA alternative. But when I read the car is being sold due to not being able to keep up with maintenance, I start to question the viability of my assessment and am curious if there have been reliability issues /headaches for you? How many miles have you put on the car since the swap? I understand this isn't the cheapest conversion, but is the investment not already made and now should it not be the gravy/enjoyable part, driving it everyday?
Old 12-20-2016, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
I don't see anything wrong with this swap at all, in fact for some of us who have come full circle with boosting the stock engine and then going back to N/A for reliability sake, the v8 swap seems like a viable solution to get F power out of a reliable NA alternative. But when I read the car is being sold due to not being able to keep up with maintenance, I start to question the viability of my assessment and am curious if there have been reliability issues /headaches for you? How many miles have you put on the car since the swap? I understand this isn't the cheapest conversion, but is the investment not already made and now should it not be the gravy/enjoyable part, driving it everyday?
O no issue on the car, its running ****ing strong as shit. I am in the military, the military only allowed us to send 1 vehicle as we PCS from base to base. I din't want to drive this car as a DD so I sat it at my parents home in Kansas, even so I still have to pay insurance (state requirement) so it adds up, plus I cant enjoy the car because I come home once a year, even then, I couldn't drive it because I come home during the winter time when its ugly outside. I really wish I live in Cali, where I can take this car all the damn time.

to answer the rest of your questions, the car have about 12300 since the swap. Absolutely no reliability issue.

Last edited by ABP_DC5; 12-20-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:46 AM

I gotten an RSX and driven a couple S2000 in stock form or with bolt-on, none of them drive like this thing, this is honestly where I fall in love with V8's. Even my DD is a V8 now lol.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:51 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by ABP_DC5
O no issue on the car, its running ****ing strong as shit. I am in the military, the military only allowed us to send 1 vehicle as we PCS from base to base. I din't want to drive this car as a DD so I sat it at my parents home in Kansas, even so I still have to pay insurance (state requirement) so it adds up, plus I cant enjoy the car because I come home once a year, even then, I couldn't drive it because I come home during the winter time when its ugly outside. I really wish I live in Cali, where I can take this car all the damn time.

to answer the rest of your questions, the car have about 12300 since the swap. Absolutely no reliability issue.
well that's more encouraging to hear. Thanks for clarifying. Sucks you cant enjoy it and have to sell. I'm sure someone else will enjoy your labors though. GLWS
Old 12-20-2016, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
well that's more encouraging to hear. Thanks for clarifying. Sucks you cant enjoy it and have to sell. I'm sure someone else will enjoy your labors though. GLWS
thanks man, I'll do a video soon, I'm sure every one would love to see a video or even hear the car.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:13 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Madness that you would spend all that time and money doing this to your S2000, to only think about your role in the military and when you would get to drive it afterwards?!

What a shame....

GLWTS
The following users liked this post:
ABP_DC5 (12-20-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 12:46 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Car looks solid man!
The following users liked this post:
ABP_DC5 (12-20-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM
Madness that you would spend all that time and money doing this to your S2000, to only think about your role in the military and when you would get to drive it afterwards?!

What a shame....

GLWTS
TBH, I get the satisfaction that I fixed it up real good and its going to someone who have the money to play with it more (I hope)...

Wish I was near retirement, but that aint the case lol, got 9 more years to go.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:47 PM

just a little run

Quick Reply: Ls1 s2000