The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

New Camera FujiF10

Old 10-15-2005, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Camera FujiF10

Just bought an awesome point and shoot. I eventually want a Nikon D50 as I have tons of lenses for my 35mm film Nikon N90s that fit. I'm very impressed though with this little compact.

Old 10-15-2005, 09:20 PM

Old 10-16-2005, 06:27 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice! sometimes I miss my point and shoot, it makes things easier.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:51 AM

ccarnel,

Some of Fuji's newest cameras feature RPT (Real Photo Technology). This is Fuji's own proprietary technology for color and exposure.

With great picture results like yours, it gets a little harder to justify the expense of a new DSLR. Although your older Nikon lenses will fit a D50, you will compromise the image quality and will eventually need to replace your original lenses with Nikon's new 'D' series lenses.

The Fuji S9000 is a bridge camera design that will give you more of the features and lens quality of a DSLR without the ability to change the lens. Its a bit bulkier than your new F10, but features a high quality 6x optical zoom lens - so some users may not feel the need to change lenses.

Great looking pics!
Old 10-16-2005, 07:13 AM

At the same time I miss a lot of functions on my film camera such as:
1. Seperate autofocus and autoexposure lock
2. Ability to zoom after Auto exposure lock
3. Ability to preview depth of field
4. Almost unlimited bulb (only 15 sec's max on this camera)
5. 4.5 frames per second until you run out of film
6. instantaneous shutter response (though this P&S is the best i've ever used)
7. Manual focus and zoom
8. Unlimited variety of lenses, much faster optics, and unlimited focal lengths
9. All commonly used functions adjusted with dials right at the fingertips (not buried in sub-menus as this camera)
10.Cheap rechargables (nimh AA's in the SLR and proprietary Li ion in the Fuji)

Canuck:
I bought this camera mainly for pocket use but am blown away with the image quality for a ~300 dollar camera. I just miss having the ability to have different focal lengths, particularly some of the more wide angle lenses. This camera though is definately more than i expected in a point and shoot (of course i did my research and read reviews for ~3weeks). A real selling point to me was the real ability to shoot usable higher ISO images. I never really liked using a flash.

Tameron and Nikon offer a new 10mm zoom D-lens i believe. As far as i know my lenses will do fine and will still be able to tell the camera what the focal length is (newest series lens... except for d-series) to help with exposure. The only thing is the 1.5 focal length multiplier because the ccd sensor is smaller than 35 mm film. For example my 75-300mm zoom would be a 100-450mm zoom equiv on the DSLR. The only other lens i really need to add to my collection would be the really wide angle lens as i only have a 21 mm for the film camera presently (equivalent focal lenght of 31mm on the D-SLR)

I don't think i would buy the s9000 just because i coudn't get the really wide angle shots and the fact that the difference in price is really not that much (i'd have to double check though) The nikon is going for about 600 without any lenses. Plus i have all the other equipment, speed light, camera bag, rechargables, tripod, sd cards. etc etc etc... I've also heard the size of the sensor in the Nikon is bigger than the one in the s9000, and last the Nikon has much better high ISO capability compared to the Fuji
Old 10-16-2005, 07:52 AM

wow ``
Old 10-16-2005, 03:02 PM

i like the angles. why do the night shots seem a little out of focus? it looks like they could be a little sharper.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:06 PM

The first one seems a little out of focus mainly because i resized the wrong shot but the rest seem pretty sharp to me... especially the originals that have not been resized.

I used a 2 second delay on the shutter and a bogen tripod. It definately isn't from camera shake
Old 10-18-2005, 05:03 PM

This camera is making me a maniac... I can't stop shooting pictures

Old 10-18-2005, 06:09 PM

Amazing pictures, the last pic on the first post is just . Fullsize?

Quick Reply: New Camera FujiF10