The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

SEMA Coverage (mostly s2k content with a few randoms)

Old 11-08-2011, 02:52 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default SEMA Coverage (mostly s2k content with a few randoms)

Let me first say that as an attendee almost every year at this show, you see trends come and go but certain things always remain tasteful such as well prepped cars that show the owner actually had some brains!

Neons are now replaced by LED's, crazy paint is now taken over by vinyl wraps that are getting played out. I'll skip the boring stuff and show you a few pictures of things I thought stood out.

hope you guys enjoy
rick

Out of all the cars at the show, this is my favorite - very creative engineering and thinking! I just can't help wonder how cool it would be going to work in this car:

Glad to see HKS back in the game with this right hand drive s2000 with their new supercharger kit! The system looks well engineered and I can't wait to see someone actually test this on a US car.

Clean ASM wide-body in an equally cool color combo! Anyone on here?

I liked this clean white s2000 with aftermarket headlights and taillights:

This s2000 had a very cool hood strut setup with aluminum hinges:

This car was parked at West Coast Customs section and owned by Justin Bieber: (best CTS coupe IMO at the show)

GS-F concept car by 5-axis (if the new GS-F looks anything like this count me in for sure):

Hottest car at the show if money was no object for sure:

Every SEMA show has tons of ladies, while most are not much to talk about, this one is definitely my favorite:
Old 11-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the green s2k belongs to a cool guy named jackson who works for dtm autobody, and i dont think thats asm wide body......
Old 11-08-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jstone_ap2
the green s2k belongs to a cool guy named jackson who works for dtm autobody, and i dont think thats asm wide body......

Yup its an Amuse style widebody
Old 11-08-2011, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s4play
Clean ASM wide-body in an equally cool color combo! Anyone on here?

Rick, This is VIS or Extreme dimension replica Amuse kit LOL he is from socal
Old 11-08-2011, 03:20 PM

Pics look great, thanks for sharing!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^Guess that kind of flies in the face of the F _ _ k Fake Parts emblem, especially when you can't tell them apart. (visual parts especially)
Old 11-08-2011, 04:48 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

i want that HKS SC!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by g0g3tt4
^^^^Guess that kind of flies in the face of the F _ _ k Fake Parts emblem, especially when you can't tell them apart. (visual parts especially)

Exactly how? Its not about telling them apart, it's about supporting companies that spend thousands of hours and dollars doing the research and development and wind tunnel testing on these kits to bring us innovation and quality products that cater to enthusiasts.

There is more to it than that. Take that car to the track and watch the screws rip out of the body panels and the bondo work crack and fall off. Go off track with rotas and risk your life hoping that they don't crumble and send you in to the wall.

It all looks the same right?

f@#k Fake Parts isn't about looks, Hard Parked is just for looks.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by j0kk3rr
Originally Posted by g0g3tt4' timestamp='1320798354' post='21140162

Exactly how? Its not about telling them apart, it's about supporting companies that spend thousands of hours and dollars doing the research and development and wind tunnel testing on these kits to bring us innovation and quality products that cater to enthusiasts.

There is more to it than that. Take that car to the track and watch the screws rip out of the body panels and the bondo work crack and fall off. Go off track with rotas and risk your life hoping that they don't crumble and send you in to the wall.

You got some strong sentiments. No worries though. Post any video you got of the parts tearing up on track. 90 percent of cars with kits are hardparked and won't hit the track.
For me there is a thin line between replica parts and originals especially parts that don't make much or any difference when not track used.
For example: Mugen oil caps, and coolant caps. I mean really.
How about an OEM lip versus and ebay lip? Should a guy really fork over another 200 hundred bucks for that piece of plastic? When the lip is a looks piece, and not a performance item?
You gotta get on and off the parts carousel when it suits you. I don't have "fake" parts on my car, but when I find something that works in a"looks" category then I will.
Most things in our lives are imitations of something that came before. The civic hatch is an imitation of the Mini Cooper. The Mini worked and testing was done with dollars (pounds) put forth by another company. Honda saw the usefulness of a design that was already proven, it was copied, and we are all much better for it. There are few things that are pure in existence today... Its just a matter of perspective.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j0kk3rr
Originally Posted by g0g3tt4' timestamp='1320798354' post='21140162

tons of people track rotas with no problem sir.

Quick Reply: SEMA Coverage (mostly s2k content with a few randoms)