The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Some Pix my friend took at Buttonwillow Raceway

Old 01-16-2006, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice pics...the car looks really good
Old 01-16-2006, 08:25 PM

cool
Old 01-16-2006, 09:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice
Old 01-16-2006, 10:48 PM
S2X
Former Sponsor

nice walter!
Old 01-16-2006, 11:50 PM

nice pictures walter!
Old 01-17-2006, 07:51 AM

Nice pics
Old 01-17-2006, 08:02 AM

hey walter...

so how you like your s2k so far????
Old 01-17-2006, 08:17 AM

F'n A man, I've got to move to California.

BTW, how does this work as in, how much do you pay to drive the track? I looked on the website and saw it was $4400/day. How many cars can go on at that rate? Who organizes it? Is there a way to just come by yourself and pay a few hundies to drive the track?
Old 01-17-2006, 08:58 AM

Again, thanks guys. I give that kid props just going around the kart track, we were quite surprised.

shaolin: So far... I think this is a really difficult car to drive, fast. Comparing with my STi, this car is very twitchy, always oversteers, non correctable when entering corners too fast and too much of an angle. I spun many times as I was learning how to effectively shift weight around and taking different lines. Got the car spinning in 4 full rotations on the track without getting off, pulling massive Gs, the car wouldn't even start!

Pros: Cornering, sharp, precise and flat (thanks to KW V3s and Westend alignment). It just feel great getting faster and faster. I improved 7 sec from morning sessions. Driving fast in a S is very rewarding, driver from Elise let me start before him, told the course worker insist to let me go in front of him cause he thinks I'm much faster than he is. I was like .

Con: Well, they must be excuses. Wish I have more downforce on the rear and I need better brake pads for track, probably going to talk to ppl from Pagid, love their stuffs. Torqueless wonder, can't pull through with power slide. Tried, only succeeded once with medium speed and not too much of an angle.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by kadeshpa,Jan 17 2006, 09:17 AM
F'n A man, I've got to move to California.

BTW, how does this work as in, how much do you pay to drive the track? I looked on the website and saw it was $4400/day. How many cars can go on at that rate? Who organizes it? Is there a way to just come by yourself and pay a few hundies to drive the track?
Well, I got to say it is great to live in SoCal. Having so many wonderful and yet affortable track events is one of the reason why I stay.

This last event I went to is organized by Redline, Chris aka Superkool, is a member here. He, too, has a S. I got so much tracktime cause everybody else was running a different config. on Sat, Sunday was empty. Plus Sunday was a sunny day and Saturday was raining, so I lucked out. I've got so much track time, it's ridiculous. 60+ laps, 140 miles, a tank and a half gas!

The rate you found is for renting the whole track for yourself. Going to one of these organized events, will cost you between $120-$300+ depends on how many people signed up and which track you're going to. Depends on organizer and group, usually it is done in a organized manner with course workers and safety crew standby. Beginners can get instructors and I strongly recommend everyone go at least once, cause beginner's group is very safe. Plus knowing your car better can bail you out of situations when you daily drive your car. Not to mention you want to know how your car perform after spending all these time and money on it, right?

Check these out, they do have track events out of California as well.

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/

http://www.speedventures.com/

http://www.speedtrialusa.com/

http://www.touringcarclub.com/

Quick Reply: Some Pix my friend took at Buttonwillow Raceway