The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

WCLathewerks shift knobs

Old 06-04-2015, 06:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default WCLathewerks shift knobs

hey guys,

i just wanted to share about a shift knob that i just recently purchased. It's from a company/business called WCLathewerks, and it's run by a single guy who makes custom shift knobs. i heard about him when i owned a wrx, and i loved the knob that i got then so i thought i'd hit him up for another knob for my nfr. he makes custom finishes including various burnt gradation finishes, as well as different styles such as ball type, piston type, and tear drop style. well enough of the talk, and here are just a couple of pics of the knob i got for my07...

in the last picture, i tried to give some sort of comparison to hand size. i'm an average 5'9" asian dude so my hands aren't that big or small.

the knobs are around 350-400 grams, and they thread on pretty low. the owner is potentially open to becoming a vendor if given enough interest in his products. he does make knobs for all the various pitches, so feel free to hit him up and/or check out his site http://www.lathewerks.com

p.s. if you already have dealt with him and/or have his knob, feel free to post up!
Old 06-04-2015, 06:36 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

These are awesome! I have a Titanium Ball Knob for my WRX from WC Lathe Werks and I love it!
Old 06-04-2015, 06:41 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

He's been doing good work in the Subaru community for years. He's also open for custom stuff as well. I've chatted with him a few times about a couple of custom ideas I had. He was very responsive. Still very Tempted to have him do something one off for me.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
He's been doing good work in the Subaru community for years. He's also open for custom stuff as well. I've chatted with him a few times about a couple of custom ideas I had. He was very responsive. Still very Tempted to have him do something one off for me.
Yup, thats how i found him. Just trying to spread his amazing work. What did you have in mind steve?
Old 06-04-2015, 07:20 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

oh wow very nice, thanks!!! I've been looking for a "plastic" knob and his Copolymer knob looks like the ticket. Although the Ti burnt finish knob you got looks amazing as well. He looks like he does great work.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
oh wow very nice, thanks!!! I've been looking for a "plastic" knob and his Copolymer knob looks like the ticket. Although the Ti burnt finish knob you got looks amazing as well. He looks like he does great work.
I was very impressed with my first knob. Thats why i had to try one for my s. I love it man, and im sure you would too chris
Old 06-04-2015, 08:47 AM

I was actually looking at getting him to replicate the Zanardi NSX knob out of Ti. Would be a lot cheaper than a real OEM for sure. Or something very similar in size and shape
Old 06-04-2015, 01:20 PM

I was actually looking at getting him to replicate the Zanardi NSX knob out of Ti. Would be a lot cheaper than a real OEM for sure. Or something very similar in size and shape
Ohhh that wouldve been amazing for sure. You should try ask him again haha
Old 06-04-2015, 02:57 PM

Oh he'll do it I just didn't want to pay for it at the time I asked.

I've been searching for the perfect knob for a while and haven't found it yet so I'm getting closer and closer to just having someone make what I think I want.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:09 PM

Oh he'll do it I just didn't want to pay for it at the time I asked.

I've been searching for the perfect knob for a while and haven't found it yet so I'm getting closer and closer to just having someone make what I think I want.
Have him make one and maybe i can copy haha! Kidding but same here. I think this knob i posted is by far the closest to what i want. I ultimately would like an arc tear drop in the burnt gradation but will be waiting years to stumble across one haha. So this is as close as it gets for now i guess.

Quick Reply: WCLathewerks shift knobs