S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Arm Rest

Old 02-29-2012, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arm Rest

Guys,

Anybody replaced the armrest on an 04 S2000, it's really expensive to get it from the dealrship... and not to confident with the after market stuff on ebay... any suggestions?
Old 02-29-2012, 04:53 PM

i did mine in a custom pad and leather that matched the dash. i was so sick of the hard plastic elbow rest. it was like a wood plank.
ill take a pic of the one i did tomorrow for ya. cost me loss than 20 bucks and its so much better than that useless oem brick under your elbow.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by teamvalorracing
i did mine in a custom pad and leather that matched the dash. i was so sick of the hard plastic elbow rest. it was like a wood plank.
ill take a pic of the one i did tomorrow for ya. cost me loss than 20 bucks and its so much better than that useless oem brick under your elbow.

I appreciate it... did you do your own installation? the orginial on mine is leather, but its coming off on two sides...
Old 03-01-2012, 05:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tarek1377
Anybody replaced the armrest on an 04 S2000, it's really expensive to get it from the dealrship... and not to confident with the after market stuff on ebay... any suggestions?
JPM if you're asking about recovering and there are certainly existing threads.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:37 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/uploads/g...03fb8352ee.jpg
Old 03-03-2012, 05:41 PM

Received 3,375 Likes on 2,453 Posts

I've had JPM Coachworks do a couple of armrest covers on my car, the finished product was excellent. They do the installation work for me at no charge, it would be a disaster if I had to work with spray-on adhesive, lol.

The first picture was the armrest when I had a black w/red stitch theme in my interior. I then switched to a black and blue interior and I have since gone with a black and suzuka blue leather armrest. They forgot to do the S2000 logo on my black and blue armrest so I have sent it back to be done recently, I hope to have it back shortly, along with my e-brake leather upgrade.

Whatever route you go with I highly recommend adding padding under the leather, the armrest feels so much more comfortable in daily driving with the added padding. The oem piece is hard as a rock, it is too hard IMO. These armrests aren't cheap, but they feel great and the high quality leather is an nice upscale upgrade to the interior.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire

That's pretty impressive.... The guy that owned the car before was so abusive! There's so much I'd like to do to the car, just to bring it back to life,.. But unfortunately I running on a very tight budget.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
I've had JPM Coachworks do a couple of armrest covers on my car, the finished product was excellent. They do the installation work for me at no charge, it would be a disaster if I had to work with spray-on adhesive, lol.

The first picture was the armrest when I had a black w/red stitch theme in my interior. I then switched to a black and blue interior and I have since gone with a black and suzuka blue leather armrest. They forgot to do the S2000 logo on my black and blue armrest so I have sent it back to be done recently, I hope to have it back shortly, along with my e-brake leather upgrade.

Whatever route you go with I highly recommend adding padding under the leather, the armrest feels so much more comfortable in daily driving with the added padding. The oem piece is hard as a rock, it is too hard IMO. These armrests aren't cheap, but they feel great and the high quality leather is an nice upscale upgrade to the interior.

Wow! That's pretty nice... Definitely something to think about.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:10 PM

I too vote for Joe from JPM Coachworks. I used him to do my interior when he first came on to the scene. Excellent quality and workmanship. He's in the process now of doing some more pieces for me like my steering wheel to complete the rest of the interior. I know your on a tight budget but give him a call and he can work with you on materials to bring down cost.

His screen name on here is Cyclon36 and his website is here

He can do whatever you can imagine.

Mike
Old 03-04-2012, 05:20 PM

Received 3,375 Likes on 2,453 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000 x
I too vote for Joe from JPM Coachworks. I used him to do my interior when he first came on to the scene. Excellent quality and workmanship. He's in the process now of doing some more pieces for me like my steering wheel to complete the rest of the interior. I know your on a tight budget but give him a call and he can work with you on materials to bring down cost.

His screen name on here is Cyclon36 and his website is here

He can do whatever you can imagine.

Mike
Me too, I've used them for my leather upgrades on armrests, door inserts, shift boot, steering wheel, e-brake, and sunvisors. Lots of options on colours, padding, stitching, embroidery, and materials. It's made a huge upgrade to my interior.

Quick Reply: Arm Rest