S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Clazzio seat covers + Picture request

Old 12-05-2014, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clazzio seat covers + Picture request

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting some Clazzio seat covers for my RYP. I talked to Reckon and he likes them. Does anyone have pictures of the yellow ones in your s2k? Pref a RYP, but the spa works also.

Anyone have any other seat cover suggestions or review on these?
Old 12-05-2014, 05:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have blue ones and they fit perfect. You would never know they are seat covers. You need to remove the seats to install them. I also misted them with water and let them dry in sun like 3 times then rubbed them with conditioner. Mine fit better than any glove I have ever had. Had them on for two years and not worn at all.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have em, they are great. People always think I have new seats, no one ever guesses seat cover
Old 12-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Here are a couple shots of mine, though they are red and black. I really like them, I have had them for almost 5 years. They fit well and look great. I can't speak on durability because I simply do not drive the car enough to even come close to getting legitimate wear and tear on them. But I do enjoy them.

Name:  CIMG0813.jpg
Views: 3720
Size:  78.5 KB

Name:  CIMG0814.jpg
Views: 1930
Size:  56.5 KB
Old 12-05-2014, 09:28 AM

I just got the red and black ones. I can't wait to install them.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't say enough about them. I drive my S nearly daily and have had the covers for nearly 4 years and no sign of wear on them...especially the drivers side which I abuse!
Old 12-05-2014, 11:08 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FearlessFife
Here are a couple shots of mine, though they are red and black. I really like them, I have had them for almost 5 years. They fit well and look great. I can't speak on durability because I simply do not drive the car enough to even come close to getting legitimate wear and tear on them. But I do enjoy them.

Thanks for the photos! Would you say these covers are a good idea to prevent wear and tear of the original seat cover underneath? I would like to keep my seats looking like new and was wondering if these were the right solution. The only other alternative I can think of to these is buying a second set of seats
Old 12-05-2014, 12:18 PM

I know they look awesome. I've seen reckons in person. I just don't know if the Yellow looks good in the yellow s2k haha. I guess I'm about to be a ginnie pig.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the photos! Would you say these covers are a good idea to prevent wear and tear of the original seat cover underneath? I would like to keep my seats looking like new and was wondering if these were the right solution. The only other alternative I can think of to these is buying a second set of seats
Maybe this will help address your question. I've been running the Clazzio covers for 5 years now in my S2000, and the covers themselves still look great. Albeit I only put 1200 miles/yr on my S

Well, I finally decided to remove my covers last summer to inspect my seats underneath and give them some TLC, after 4+ years with the covers on. They were very easy to get off without removing the seats - I just untied them and they just slid off. My seats underneath still look in mint condition ( )!!! Very happy about that and I cannot detect any seat cover-induced wear on the leather.

However I do think the leather surface you sit against (the part with the little holes) felt a little stiff. I don't think this had anything to do with the seat covers, but rather my laziness to take them off and deliver some leather care to the seat from time to time. From now one I plan to pop the covers off and do a leather conditioning once or twice a year on the seats. After applying a leather cleaner/conditioner, I plan to let the seat "air out" for a day or two before I put the covers back on.

You may have noticed the covers took some effort to get on the first time, including removing the seats, right? Seat covers were very easy to slide off and back on again without removing the seats. Took about 5-10 minutes to replace each one. After some time in place, the seat covers stretch a bit and become really molded to your seat.

Hope this helps a little!
The following users liked this post:
99MCoupe (02-04-2019)
Old 12-06-2014, 07:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They do a great job of taking care of the seats underneath. My passenger seats still looks like new while my drivers seat looks exactly like it did before I put the covers on (used S2k, new to me of course).

Condition the OEM seats every once in a while and take care of the Clazzios and you will be in great shape.

Quick Reply: Clazzio seat covers + Picture request