S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Cusco 4pt. Roll Cage

Old 09-08-2010, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cusco 4pt. Roll Cage

This morning I've been doing some research on the cusco bar pictured in the following link:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=791612&hl=

I haven't confirmed anything yet, but it seems like you can have the soft top up with this bar. Anyway, if you can or can't...the point is moot if you have to slide the seat forward 3 inches. I'm about 6'2"...so that probably wouldn't be too accommodating.

Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you can have the soft top up. Yes your seat won't go all the way back because of the roll bar. Yes 3" is about what you lose.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:27 AM

Thanks for the info...guess it rules this one out. Anybody know of such a bar that would accommodate my needs?
Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it just for looks or do you actually need a roll bar?
Old 09-08-2010, 02:47 PM

Might sound kind of crazy...but after reading the post about the guy who rolled his car three times last week, I've been thinking about them a lot as a protective measure, God forbid that should ever happen to me.

Being 6'2" (maybe 3) the top of my head is considerably above the oem protection.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:48 PM

As if it wasn't bad enough already for us. All of my co-workers laugh when they see me getting in and out of my car; they say I look to tall and lanky for it.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:42 AM

Ironic how that thread has renewed my interest in a roll bar as well. I'm about the same height and I get similar reactions from friends and strangers alike. It appears our options are quite limited when it comes to roll bars that are tall people friendly.

Every roll bar I've researched has some sort of compromise. You've already researched the Cusco roll bar so I won't speak to that one. The Spoon roll bar is very similar to the Cusco model and suffers from the same leg room limitations. Mugen makes a replacement roll bar that will allow you to keep all of the leg room but you'll sacrifice the OEM roll hoops and the secret compartment. I've read a few threads that claim the Mugen roll bar is a bitch to install but it looks awesome once it is in.

The only roll bar I could find that provides some flexibility is made by Hard Dog. The Hard Dog can be made with a removable diagonal bar and harness bar while keeping the OEM roll hoops in place as well as retaining the secret compartment functionality. I'm still trying to figure out if this unit retains its safety features when made with removable parts. That tidbit of information seems to be a bit difficult to come by which makes me wonder how many people actually have one of these.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaPhatty,Sep 9 2010, 02:42 AM
The only roll bar I could find that provides some flexibility is made by Hard Dog. The Hard Dog can be made with a removable diagonal bar and harness bar while keeping the OEM roll hoops in place as well as retaining the secret compartment functionality. I'm still trying to figure out if this unit retains its safety features when made with removable parts. That tidbit of information seems to be a bit difficult to come by which makes me wonder how many people actually have one of these.
I would think, as long as the diagonal bar is installed it should not affect the level of protection.

When the diagonal bar is removed, remaining loop will have substantially reduced protection. Think about opening both the top and bottom flaps on a cardboard box, there is nothing to keep it from folding flat.

If you can give up the ‘secret’ compartment , then the fully welded one looks pretty clean.