S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

GuardianDesign Steering Wheel

Old 11-09-2015, 03:34 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default GuardianDesign Steering Wheel

After seeing the threads on this company from several owners, it got me intrigued to shot an email to the company for a quote for a M3 Thickness, flat bottom, thumb rest, time strip at top center, perforated leather on the sides and solid leather on top and bottom. To my amazement, the price was very reasonable and Angelos was more then willing to put up with my different requests for the steering wheel before I finalized the finished details.

Guardiandesign can pretty much do any style and material except CF for your steering wheel, although Angelos did offer a synthetic CF type leather that I declined ultimately. Prices for all different options were very reasonable and I was tempted to get that top flat steering wheel, aka Zero shaped steering wheel. However with the steering wheel not able to tilt, I was afraid that it would block the rev gauge. After finalizing the finished details, the finished product took about a week and a half to complete.

During this whole process, Angelos responded to my emails and made several suggestions for the steering wheel. It definitely made me feel at ease that the company puts great focus and work to make their product bespoke for each individual. At this time, steering wheel has been shipped and I am waiting for it to arrived in my hands. I will definitely update this thread when I get it.

Here is a picture of the finished product from GuardianDesign.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:59 PM

Received 3,389 Likes on 2,460 Posts

Looks great, same options as mine but red vs. blue. I totally agree, Angelos was very helpful and great to deal with. I never thought about flat top, but I think what you have there is pretty much perfect.

One note, the rear plastic tray that comes with the wheel is different than our North American wheels. So plan on swapping your oem rear plastic cover to the new wheel, along with the cruise control bracket, not a big deal , just something you should expect to do.

You will love the feel of the new wheel, I can't stop driving my car as it just feels so great every time I'm in the car.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:34 PM

Thank you zeroptzero for the tips. I can't wait till I get it and have it in my hands. I enjoyed your thread for the product as well.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:41 PM

The steering wheel has arrived!!! Shipping from Poland was quick, less then a week and I was able to quickly install it last night when the wife and baby was asleep. First impressions is that the steering wheel is thick, much more thicker then the stock steering wheel. The wheel feels substantial when you grip it. Love that feeling! The Nappa leather looks top notch. I am glad that I went with only the flat bottom as I believe the flat top would had definitely obscure my view of the tachometer. The noon stripe adds a bit of color to the interior that I plan to build upon. Really a quality product that I am extremely happy with. No driving impressions yet but will update this thread when I do but I foresee that I will not be disappointed. Here is a quick phone picture.

Go and visit GuadianDesign for any additional information.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Iilac
The steering wheel has arrived!!! Shipping from Poland was quick, less then a week and I was able to quickly install it last night when the wife and baby was asleep. First impressions is that the steering wheel is thick, much more thicker then the stock steering wheel. The wheel feels substantial when you grip it. Love that feeling! The Nappa leather looks top notch. I am glad that I went with only the flat bottom as I believe the flat top would had definitely obscure my view of the tachometer. The noon stripe adds a bit of color to the interior that I plan to build upon. Really a quality product that I am extremely happy with. No driving impressions yet but will update this thread when I do but I foresee that I will not be disappointed. Here is a quick phone picture.

As expected that looks fantastic. Yeah the wheels are thick, and it feels so much nicer in terms of my preferences. I always found the OEM wheel to be way too skinny, it never felt right in my clunky hands. I now find myself going for drives just to feel the new wheel, it makes a huge difference to the interior and feel of the vehicle. The red noon stripe and red stitching are a nice upgrade to the interior.

What I'm finding with the flat bottom portion is that it turns out to be a comfortable resting spot for your hands when cruising down the highway on an open road, when you don't need to use the 10 and 2 positions. Nice and comfy.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Originally Posted by Iilac' timestamp='1447724519' post='23805270

As expected that looks fantastic. Yeah the wheels are thick, and it feels so much nicer in terms of my preferences. I always found the OEM wheel to be way too skinny, it never felt right in my clunky hands. I now find myself going for drives just to feel the new wheel, it makes a huge difference to the interior and feel of the vehicle. The red noon stripe and red stitching are a nice upgrade to the interior.

What I'm finding with the flat bottom portion is that it turns out to be a comfortable resting spot for your hands when cruising down the highway on an open road, when you don't need to use the 10 and 2 positions. Nice and comfy.

Can't wait to try it out firsthand. Hard to sneak out for a drive these days. Shooting for a drive this weekend!
Old 11-19-2015, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question for both of you that have received and installed their finished wheels. Which wheel puller did you guys use to get the stock one out?
Old 11-19-2015, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mataleao9380
Quick question for both of you that have received and installed their finished wheels. Which wheel puller did you guys use to get the stock one out?
I just used a generic kit that I bought at my local auto parts store, made to work on a number of vehicles. It has an aluminum center bar, two metric bolts go through the left and right portions of the bar, and then there is a center pin that you turn to pull the wheel outwards. Best way that I can describe it. The kit comes with various bolts and you need to use the metric sized ones on our cars.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mataleao9380

I didn't use a wheel puller on mine. What I did was hit with the palm of my hand on the steering wheel at the 9 and 3 position and then at the 12 and 6 position and I was able to get it loose that way. Of course YMMV when it comes to this technique. Good luck.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to see Tomas is getting more S2000 owners!

Quick Reply: GuardianDesign Steering Wheel