S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Leather seats

Old 10-21-2011, 11:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Leather seats

One reason it took me so long to finally get an S2000 (two weeks ago) was the leather seats. Then Honda introduced the S2000CR which was available with fabric seats but unfortunately required purchase of a hardtop (totally useless in SoCal). Soooo, if any Club Racer owner wants to have leather seating I'm willing (anxious) to swap for my factory leather.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by rob92620
One reason it took me so long to finally get an S2000 (two weeks ago) was the leather seats. Then Honda introduced the S2000CR which was available with fabric seats but unfortunately required purchase of a hardtop (totally useless in SoCal). Soooo, if any Club Racer owner wants to have leather seating I'm willing (anxious) to swap for my factory leather.

Since I got no responses regarding swapping out my leather seats I spent the money to have a local upholstery shop replace the leather seating panels with fabric. Originally I wanted to get rid to the hides to avoid sitting on a hot seat and burning my butt (or really burning my thighs if wearing shorts) but now I know the best reason for the swap - the softer seating is SO MUCH more comfortable on long trips.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Pictures ???
Old 05-31-2012, 03:23 PM

When I figure out how to post pix to this forum I will do so.

Best regards,

Rob
Old 05-31-2012, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to host the images on a site like photobucket

Then you use the direct link for the image found on said hosting site and utilize this code without spaces

[img ] image link.jpg [/img ]

Hope that helps
Old 05-31-2012, 04:24 PM

Here's the "direct link" but I can't make the photo appear anywhere in my post: http://s1244.photobu...gg573/rob92620/

Obviously I am missing something here. I've tried Insert image, Insert link, Insert code snippet, and Insert media, with and without including [img ] image link.jpg [/img ] and putting the direct link various places in the code. I get only a red X for my efforts.

Best regards,

Rob
Old 06-01-2012, 05:38 AM

Your link isn't a direct link to the image. That's why. It's a link to a page with the image. If you follow the link you posted and click on the image you'll see "Direct link" to the right on the Photobucket site. Copy that link and stick it between the IMG tags. If you're using Btrthnezr3's example then remove the spaces -- they were added to prevent the editor from parsing the tags. For posting examples of code I recommend using the CODE tags instead (see below, above the photo).

So what you want to add to your post is:
Code:
...which gives you this:

With some browsers you can right-click the image and copy the image URL that way as well. For example, with Chrome I can right-click on your avatar, copy the image URL and paste it between IMG tags like this:
Old 06-01-2012, 06:32 AM

Thank you very much for your help getting the photo posted.

The fabric appears a bit "worn" in the photo but that is because it is a little bit like velvet, i. e., there is a slight directionality to the nap so it reflects light differently depending on how it has been rubbed, or in this case just from sitting on it.

Best regards,

Rob

Old 07-31-2012, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry man, I don't mean to sound like a dick, but that looks horrible!! I know you're intentions were to have a more comfortable seat when it's hot out, but, damn, you should have chose a different fabric!!

Mike
Old 07-31-2012, 07:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I plan on doing something similar next year but it looks like you chose the fabric from a 1997 Corolla or something, can you post more pics?

Quick Reply: Leather seats