S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

LED lights for dome/trunk/reverse/etc

Old 11-06-2013, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED lights for dome/trunk/reverse/etc

Hello all. I've been thinking of a cheap interior mode I could do and I'm going to upgrade the stock lights for some LED ones. I've probably read 5 or 6 thread where people link where they bought them from, but no actual part number or link to the actual one that will work with our cars.

Electical stuff is the one thing I'm horrible out and hate touching, so could someone point me in the right direction for which LED bulbs to buy? Looking to my dome light, trunk light, and reverse light.

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by overboostin
Hello all. I've been thinking of a cheap interior mode I could do and I'm going to upgrade the stock lights for some LED ones. I've probably read 5 or 6 thread where people link where they bought them from, but no actual part number or link to the actual one that will work with our cars.

Electical stuff is the one thing I'm horrible out and hate touching, so could someone point me in the right direction for which LED bulbs to buy? Looking to my dome light, trunk light, and reverse light.

Thanks!
I got mine from Js2k.com (just trunk and dome lights). Probably not the cheapest but just plug and play. The brightness of the dome lights is intense! I also changed my dash to white LED from qube. Looks much more modern than the dingy orange stock lighting.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:11 PM

Received 1,571 Likes on 935 Posts

ebay is very cheap. Came in a week and a half from China. About $2.50 for the two dome lights.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:11 AM

www.superbrightleds.com I got mine from there and they are awesome
Old 12-05-2013, 10:00 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

iJDMToy.com. Great price and SMD LED package available for the S2000.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
ebay is very cheap. Came in a week and a half from China. About $2.50 for the two dome lights.

Originally Posted by joey bats
www.superbrightleds.com I got mine from there and they are awesome

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
iJDMToy.com. Great price and SMD LED package available for the S2000.

Part numbers/bulb sizes? Mainly looking for dome & trunk. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:42 PM

Received 1,571 Likes on 935 Posts

Here are some examples that will work with the dome/map lights. You can read up on LEDs if you want. Surface Mount (SMD) is the standard. Different types of leds have different brightness. White, blue, you pick.

Festoon are the style that works in the map light. It is the shape of the original bulb kinda like a fuse in appearance. Other bulbs in the car are different. Just pick and buy. Its so cheap who cares?

I really like the change to leds. Much brighter, easier to see and hardly uses any battery if you leave them on.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-Pure-Wh...380051&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRIGHTEST-CO...e3c853&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-SMD-6-L...1c7d23&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-31mm-12-L...3829ec&vxp=mtr
Old 12-06-2013, 06:59 AM

Nice, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again, cosmo.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

trunk/license/side markers/front parking lights, and rear ap1 parking lights all have the same size bulb: 168
rear braking lights/front turn signals: 7443
dome: 3022
reverse: 7440
rear turn signal: 1156

i got everything except for the dome from superbrightleds.com as joey bats stated above, however i ended up having extra cash and dropped $30 on the (2) 12 LED diode dome lights from automationled.

total cost for all LED replacements were roughly +$120. i hope this answers your question
Old 12-30-2013, 08:48 PM

Just want to share that the soft yellow, red, blue, etc. dash/instrument lights are not a trend or gimmick. The greatest contributor to driver fatigue is your white/bright dash lights. Can't remember which manufacturer did the research but.....
In fact, I find most drivers have their dash lights all the way up or glaring!?!?! I know we don't all drive our Ss 24 hours a day. That said, your peripheral vision is being taxed (at night) by bright dash lights and in this study, proved to significantly contribute to driver fatigue.
The last thing I personally would do is change for a bright white LED in the dash. I'm all for some of the other applications though.

Quick Reply: LED lights for dome/trunk/reverse/etc