S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

New interior carpet

Old 03-19-2019, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New interior carpet

Has anyone had luck in redoing their interior carpet? Any DIY out there? Seems like our interior carpet is not available even from OEM dealers. Anyone have a custom job done? Appreciate the responses.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:56 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You can still get them from Japan. There’s a guy named Marc Pérez on Facebook forums who can get you one
The following users liked this post:
rolltide2018 (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 10:41 AM

Yeah, reached out to him but its kinda expensive. Almost $700 plus. I am looking into a local shop but may end up doing it myself.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:40 AM

Not on Facebook. Does he have email contact info?
Old 02-04-2021, 03:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default interior carpet

First time poster - I have a 2004 grand prix white S2000 with that light tan carpet that is out of stock as well. Anybody who has
any info on a source for carpet - Japan or otherwise would be greatly appreciated. I'll see what I can dig up and
if I get any help I'll post the source here. Thanks Greg
Old 04-13-2021, 05:47 PM

Default update on interior redo

Originally Posted by pensacolacocky
First time poster - I have a 2004 grand prix white S2000 with that light tan carpet that is out of stock as well. Anybody who has
any info on a source for carpet - Japan or otherwise would be greatly appreciated. I'll see what I can dig up and
if I get any help I'll post the source here. Thanks Greg
Well as most of you know, stuff can be a process. Just finished getting my interior on my grand prix white 2004 S2000 completely redone. Here is what I did, as briefly as possible.
It took about two months to complete everything; seats, interior panel and carpet, console. Hopefully I am smart enough to upload two
pictures and describe the process in as little words as possible. First, the source of leather/ vinyl came from Katzkin leather in California. You had a number
of options- all leather at about 1400 bucks or leather front/vinyl backing for around 700.00 - those were the prices for their upgraded leather option ( I chose leather/vinyl ,color was palomino) - had to call them directly because their website does not show the s2000 as an option - For that price you got the seats AND the door panel inserts. I also ordered another 4 yards of vinyl on a roll for the center
console - that had to be sewn- more on that later.

I found an oem carpet source in Japan - Mita motorsports - they have stuff for the honda s2000 and Acura NSX. My S2000 originally came with tan carpet, but they did not offer that option,
so I went with the graphite black - it looks good. That cost was 700 + 270 for FEDex shipping - a bit pricey, but once I ordered I had it in about two weeks from Japan (The website currently has a sale on it for $600). My installer (I'm no DIY for this) was an upholsterer who did cars for a living- she said the oem carpet was great because it already had all the little cutouts for the seats, had the contours for hump etc. If you order from them make sure you order the left hand drive carpet set - they offer both right and left hand drive. Now to the vinyl - the only part that had to be sown was the areas around the condole - apparently each side has the big long piece which wraps around behind the seats which has to be custom stitched; everything else fit the way it was supposed to.

The important part - total cost for leather, carpet and install (including custom stitching, etc) was right around $3300. Some of you are a lot more talented and can probably do some of this on your own
Anyway, it came out great- hopefully I can load the pics... Greg

The following 2 users liked this post by pensacolacocky:
dwb993 (04-14-2021), JWN6264 (04-16-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 06:48 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

I'm going thru Honda Canada for at least one side of my Suzuka blue- they still show one side carpet still available. at $550 Canadian, I'm ok with that.
so, maybe try Honda for carpets.
darcy
Old 07-19-2021, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to resurrect an old-ish thread, but I’m also looking for restore options for my MY2002.
My interior carpet is getting old and it could use replacing. The sources in this thread don’t seem to be active now (Jul 2021), and if there’s any other source of interior carpet I’d love to hear. Not the mats, but the actual carpet. Black.
Thanks!
George

PS: actually Mita Motorsports still has the AP2 which kinda works on AP1.
Old 08-07-2021, 08:51 AM

I just ended DIY refurbishing mine myself after it got soaked in a rainstorm with top down: AP1 2001

It's a pain in the ass(tons of glue, hard to reach rivets/screws). Granted my seat bolt holes came stupidly positioned from the factor so putting back in the seat is always a pain in the ass for me. Get a trim removal tool, High temp carpet adhesive spray(don't cheap out here), metric deep socket kit, socket extension, and do all carpet/seat belts, trim before putting back in the seat,

Wish I just did an insurance claim(wanted to avoid water damage on car record) but on the other hand, it was great time to put in some sound deadening(dynamat). It really does greatly enhance sound clarity and quiet the interior....insanely underrated mod. Should be a requirement if your doing this. Noico sells them as low as $60-ish and unknown ebay brands as low as $30. 36 sq feet will cover all you need with stuff to spare unless you want to do the entire trunk instead of just the trunk lid). More like 40-45 sq feet then.

Best bet would be to pull it out and steam clean it using a steam cleaning with a wand. Baking soda and vinegar also work but that stuff is messy and dries out everything else in the interior....my pro steam cleaner(jiffy) broke right before the start so I did the latter(messy but it works). Remove the jute backing and replace with liner (different from the normal deadening stuff but also cheaper; goes over the sound deadening panels) from any sound deadening brand(dynamat,Noico). That jute carpet lineer stuff underneath oem has likely soaked up 1-2 decades of moisture/mold/bad stuff...replace (liner or new jute) or remove, do not skip this step since jute or liner is dirt cheap; when people say they can't get puke smell out, it's because the jute backing is likely holding it. If you think you have mildew, mold, puke residue or nasty stuff down there, etc then you might want leave out in the sun for at least a few hours on both sides AFTER removing the jute and cleaning but BEFORE replacing the jute backing with linter. Same strategy for mats except there is no backing to worry about.

Other than slight carpet fit issues(i was in a hurry and lazy....bad idea, will adjust later) on the transmission tunnel it came out perfect. The carpet can be refurbished just fine yourself. Just make sure you buy replace door interior rivets(white for doors and trim, black screws for carpet) or keep the ones you pull out....don't break them like I did.

If you have friends, do this in good lighting, and are slow, follow the guides on sound deadening the s2000.....this is perfectly doable. FYI, Carpet was never amazing in this car so don't expect miracles in appearance. You will likely spend a lot longer doing this than expected since this is the perfect chance to upgrade the sound system, re-dying the leather seats, put in seat warmers, etc.

If your car got soaked in enough rain to have to do the carpet, there is a chance the the security key immobilizer might short out due to moisture preventing you from being able to start(you'll see the green key flashing. It's easy as hell to replace and $30 used....get the acura, generic honda ones off ebay not an OEM or s2000 original since part is same across models. Mine went out a day after,