S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Recaro Pole Position Owners!

Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recaro Pole Position Owners!

Hey guys. I might be purchasing a Recaro pole position for my MY04 and have a real quick question.

I was wondering if you guys lost any leg room when going from OEM seats to these. (possibly with the seat position being more reclined.) At 6'9" i need something to give my self a little bit more leg room (especially KNEE room). Can any of you guys get me the measurement from the back most bottom portion of the seat to the steering wheel? I think from here I could take some of my own measurements and compare from there.

Ive done a little bit of research and my question still hasnt been answered.

(https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/960...n+measurements)

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Site Moderator

Received 2,590 Likes on 1,905 Posts

I installed a set of PP last weekend, you gain at least 4 inches of legroom, at the furthest setting back, I can barely reach the pedals. I'm 5'11".
Old 03-27-2013, 03:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Your a BIG dude for a little car!
You will gain quite a bit of room if you get the seat as LOW was possible, so low mount rails are a must; The bottom of the seat is against the carpet when all the way back . I am 6'2" and picked up lots of leg room switching to the seats, even over the Bride VIOS I had in prior. If I get a chance to get out to the car this week I will try and get you a measurement... From a recline stand point you will likely hit the stock hoops before you get any more then you would with stock seats, and certainly if you push the seat as far back as possible.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:55 AM

Saweet this makes me want to pull the trigger right now! Hahaha with my surprisingly good tax return and money ill get back from selling my annoyingly drone-ey Berk exhaust I will finally have a super comfortable ride!

If you go out there to check for me I really appreciate it!

Do you guys use the cushion that comes with the seat or have you purchased other cushions?

Also what are you guys using to secure the seat in place? I don't want thieves to rip this bad boy out.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:01 AM
Site Moderator

I use the cushions that come with them, the seat is a little too firm without them, but I suppose it depends how far you are driving. For a track day I could understand removing them, but not as an everyday thing.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:11 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Stock cushions and nothing but the normal hardware... These were such a PITA to get in and all the way back with the sliders I bought. I ended up just making them fixed so you can't get at the rear bolts unless you slide the seat forward which you really can't due unless you disassemble the WHOLE bracket... Theft deterrent .. This is also a weekend/nice day toy and lives in a garage most of the time so my fear is low for theft of the seats... more fear exists for theft of the car...
Old 03-27-2013, 06:53 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I am using a Buddy Club rail, the seat is basically sitting on the floor. I can take a measurement for you tonight when I get home. I'm 6'4" and will probably move the seat forward a bit, it's currently all the way back. It still will be a tight fit at 6'9", but there is nothing that will improve the overall driving experience as much as a lowered seating position for us tall guys. I am using stock bolts, not concerned with theft as it is not my daily driver or parked outside. As mentioned, it's very difficult to perfectly align the rails so the seat doesn't slide as easily as stock which would most likely slow down a thief at least. You could remove the slider bar underneath the seat to make it even harder. There are locking seat bolts by Kodokan (?) if you feel the need.

You will need a seat belt extension. There is no room between the seat and center console for the receiver.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
I use the cushions that come with them, the seat is a little too firm without them, but I suppose it depends how far you are driving. For a track day I could understand removing them, but not as an everyday thing.
Ok I just didn't know If they make any ones for more or less cushion for daily vs track applications.

Originally Posted by SilverS2kF22C1
Stock cushions and nothing but the normal hardware... These were such a PITA to get in and all the way back with the sliders I bought. I ended up just making them fixed so you can't get at the rear bolts unless you slide the seat forward which you really can't due unless you disassemble the WHOLE bracket... Theft deterrent .. This is also a weekend/nice day toy and lives in a garage most of the time so my fear is low for theft of the seats... more fear exists for theft of the car...
Ok yeah I daily mine so i wouldn't mind the piece of mind.

Originally Posted by 1nate7
I am using a Buddy Club rail, the seat is basically sitting on the floor. I can take a measurement for you tonight when I get home. I'm 6'4" and will probably move the seat forward a bit, it's currently all the way back. It still will be a tight fit at 6'9", but there is nothing that will improve the overall driving experience as much as a lowered seating position for us tall guys. I am using stock bolts, not concerned with theft as it is not my daily driver or parked outside. As mentioned, it's very difficult to perfectly align the rails so the seat doesn't slide as easily as stock which would most likely slow down a thief at least. You could remove the slider bar underneath the seat to make it even harder. There are locking seat bolts by Kodokan (?) if you feel the need.

You will need a seat belt extension. There is no room between the seat and center console for the receiver.
Yeah being tall is fun... Sometimes haha I love the car so much I don't mind it. I would be getting the buddy club rail as well.

I saw on the other post that I would need to get a seat belt extension so that she would work.

And why is it so hard to get these seats aligned well and to slide well?
Old 03-27-2013, 07:24 AM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by Buntinboy9
Originally Posted by 1nate7' timestamp='1364395994' post='22431853

Yeah being tall is fun... Sometimes haha I love the car so much I don't mind it. I would be getting the buddy club rail as well.

I saw on the other post that I would need to get a seat belt extension so that she would work.

And why is it so hard to get these seats aligned well and to slide well?
FTR, my driver's side went in very easily, it was the passenger side that gave me fits. I think it's just the fact the rails are cheaply made and a lack of quality control from Buddy Club. You've also got to make sure when you're fitting the rail to the seat you've got them aligned properly, I think if the rails were one piece it would be tremendously easier, but then the price would go up considerably for the rails.

I've read some people have a real hard time with them, mine wasn't so bad I wouldn't do it again, it's just time consuming to get it right.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:29 AM

Ok yeah I would just be getting the drivers side considering I want the option for reclining on the passenger side. My girlfriend is 5'6" so she can still benefit from the OEM.

Quick Reply: Recaro Pole Position Owners!